Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 320904 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

- Added dwarven castes: stone, clay, jade, shroom, steel, obsidian, deep and dark.
- Added new savage animals: blood ape, monstrous spider, scorpid, zauros.
- New semimegabeast: manticore. A lion with wings and a scorpion tail, with deadly venom.
- New semimegabeast: sand king. A giant scorpion which can breathe sand clouds and hide in sandstorm.
- New semimegabeast: wyrm. A smaller version of a dragon, greedy and stupid. Good source of dragonscale.
- New megabeast: ape king. A huge muscular ape, it can summon blood apes from corpses.

Now I will rework cavern populations and add end-game shrines to make dragonslayers (with dragon shouts), vampires and lycantropes, and then I will work on graphics support full-time.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 03:12:25 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i like the sand king and its neat to have castes
the ape king makes me think of king kong

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

It was exactly the source of inspiration and the way I want it to be seen, I am glad it worked :).

Zauri (plural of Zauros) are basically raptors. They are bipedal tropical lizards with scythe-like talons on their feet.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Okay, I've got a random idea now when I was returning from work. Every dwarf will be able to throw a rock. It will be an interaction, so they will get it from nowhere, but why not? They can always pick a rock somewhere and carry it around. To balance it, it takes a while for it to "reload", but now a mob of peasants can scare away a group of animals or survive against a few enemies.

Also I am adding new endgame metal volcanite. It will require adamantine, obsidian and deep forge. It will have adamantine stats, but it will be heavier, so it will be viable for blunt weapons too, and you will get 3 volcanite bars from 2 adamantine bars and obsidian.

I would love to hear some brainstorming ideas. You never know what a random forum member can come up with.

I also develop a new cave adaptation mechanic (and a few other trigger-based mechanics). Basically different castes will get different benefits from becoming cave adapted, like spells or abilities. Also "does not care for anything anymore" will give benefits to steel caste and negative penalties to shroom dwarves.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 11:45:14 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

This is getting better and better with every update.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

I was wondering about Bogeymen ever since I came back to genesis, is it a glitch or have I been looking in the wrong areas for them?
wonder if the Flesh beards get to lightly corrupt their rocks and chuck it at animals for an explosive effect.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

milo1109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

IS there a mac version?

Siaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, is Meteoric still same/similar quality to steel, or did you change that since old genesis? Thanks.

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i love the rock throwing idea
im not so keen on the name volcanite seams a bit cheesy to me plus i think  but the ideas pretty cool plus i think it is a real rock
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 08:04:50 pm by sackhead »

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

IS there a mac version?

You should be able to drop the Mac executables, libraries, etc. on top of a fully extracted Genesis directory, and simply run it.  That's what I do on Linux, anyway.

If there's some special Windows utility to manage raw files, then that may or may not work under emulation.  (I tried that once with "old Genesis" in Wine on Linux... it was an utter disaster.)  Fortunately, the old Genesis default extraction had all features enabled, so I didn't actually need to run the manager utility.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

milo1109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Whenever I make a world every location is freezing with no trees.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Uhm, no. You probably pick such regions, and remember that embark time is early spring. The maps are the same as in vanilla, just with 0 generated secrets/weather/regional curses to allow custom ones (when you generate advanced world).

I settled on the name "vulcanite".

Meteoric iron is like steel for now, but it will have bonuses against a certain type of enemy which appear in the mod soon.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Siaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meteoric iron is like steel for now, but it will have bonuses against a certain type of enemy which appear in the mod soon.

Good to know that it'll be a bit more special soon :D

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile

Wow, while using Legends Viewer to check a Genesis 5.5 world I just created, I seem to have found the most badass sylvan ever.
She is 669 years old and is the Druid of The Emerald Island, a civilization of sylvans, since she was 351. Her skills are as follows:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Not that impressive, huh? Well, check these out:

You see all those deaths? Well, apparently, she was the only one fighting for her side in all those battles. (Warning: huge image)

So, she killed 4339 invaders AND pillaged one of the invaders' hamlets, all by herself? Besides, she isn't a werebeast, nor a vampire.

Seems pretty legit to me.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Awesome. She is that great because she was born in -119. A human born at the same time would die of old age BEFORE the world was created. How badass is that?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 108