Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 320928 times)

milo1109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uhm, no. You probably pick such regions, and remember that embark time is early spring. The maps are the same as in vanilla, just with 0 generated secrets/weather/regional curses to allow custom ones (when you generate advanced world).

I settled on the name "vulcanite".

Meteoric iron is like steel for now, but it will have bonuses against a certain type of enemy which appear in the mod soon.
I have generated 5 worlds, and picked warm with wood land. They all turn out to be the same map. No trees and frozen water

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

How do you make it? :D

Send me a save please.

Meanwhile, I am trying to add steam engines from DFHack thread.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Amazing, DFHack minds helped me to add steam engines. Now if only I could find a way to make workshops to require power, then sawmill and a few foundries would require it. We'll see what dfhack guys will say.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

Awesome. She is that great because she was born in -119. A human born at the same time would die of old age BEFORE the world was created. How badass is that?
Nah, the pantheon did not create the world at year zero, that year is when the primitive tribes figure out they can Spread and Wage War.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Wiro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] GENESIS [5.6] - DFHack, Steam engines, Caverns, Axebows...
« Reply #289 on: November 10, 2012, 09:12:07 am »

Maybe I'm missing something, but any chance we might see this mod with Phoebus Tileset?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 10, 2012, 09:13:07 am »

- DFhack and Dwarf Therapist come with the game.
- Removal of most of double-named gems. The gem types are just a few now, it's easier to understand and a preparation for the alchemy update.
- New alloy - vulcanite. Requires adamantine, obsidian and Deep furnace. A dense/heavy version of adamantine with better cutting edge.

- Big overhaul of cave populations. Lots of new animals and insects with custom bodies.
- Cavern layer 1. Theme - caves. Insects, slimes and slimy animals.
- Cavern layer 2. Theme - underground jungle. Amphibians, giant insects and weird creatures.
- Cavern layer 3. Theme - hollow caves (wasteland). Giant sandworms, wasteland type animals (dwarven robots will be here soon).
- Magma layer and magma pools: new creatures and rework of existing ones. Ifreet, imp, hellbat, magma rock, fire spirit and magma guardian.

- Any dwarf can now throw a rock at his enemy from time to time (interaction).

- New workshop: Tinker's workbench.
- Tinker: make axebows here (a hacking crossbow, uses hammer skill to keep your hammer-crossbow dwarves useful in melee and avoid treecutting).
- Tinker: make soulgems from copper bars and small gems.
- Tinker: make bronze centurion frame from many bronze bars.

- New workshop: Soul forge.
- Soul forge: animate centurion. Requires bronze centurion frame, soulgem and a dwarf. Dwarf transforms into bronze centurion.
- More constructs are scheduled, I am reworking them.

- New workshops: steam engine and magma steam engine.
- Build them over a downstairs tile which leads to water.
- Stock boiler (uses coal) to power up the workshop. Then you can connect axles and gears to the tiles with gears on the workshop to get power.
- If the reaction is not there, you have not built the steam engine over downstairs leading to water.

- Lots of small additions I cannot remember right now.

I forgot to add some stuff I want, like cavern bees into the underground jungle and some gem shapes. I need to run now, my wife waits for me in a shopping center.

Next update will include those minor things, as well as new alchemy update. The fact that I am using DFHack now allows me to do fancy stuff. Like alchemical brewing of poisons which you will be able to apply to weapons to make them poisonous.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 10, 2012, 09:19:40 am »

DFFD is down for now, so I re-uploaded the mod files to Mediafire.

Maybe I'm missing something, but any chance we might see this mod with Phoebus Tileset?
The problem here is that I can manage working with two versions (ASCII/Ironhand) using Winmerge (although it leads to some errors). Working with 3 versions is 3 times harder and will bring more problems and possible bugs. In the future, quite possible, but right now I am focused on core mod mechanics. You can ask someone else or port the mod to Phoebus yourself using utilities like Raw Tile Selector with ease.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Dibber6

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 10, 2012, 01:11:23 pm »

Hey, guys. Sorry if I'm completely missing something, but I'm new to using mods on DF. Whenever I try to use genesis, it says "The program can't start because fmodelx.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." I looked, and fmodelx.dll is there. Thanks in advance!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #293 on: November 10, 2012, 01:20:54 pm »

- New workshops: steam engine and magma steam engine.
- Build them over a downstairs tile which leads to water.
- Stock boiler (uses coal) to power up the workshop. Then you can connect axles and gears to the tiles with gears on the workshop to get power.
- If the reaction is not there, you have not built the steam engine over downstairs leading to water.

Just wanted to ask how you made anything that requires water, and/or produces power ?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 10, 2012, 01:37:12 pm »

DFhack has the functionality by default.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 10, 2012, 02:12:14 pm »

Yes, it's a dfhack library, and I plan to study DFhack a bit more to expand the modding possibilities. Modding pure RAWs becomes a bit too tight for me, I want more.

Hey, guys. Sorry if I'm completely missing something, but I'm new to using mods on DF. Whenever I try to use genesis, it says "The program can't start because fmodelx.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." I looked, and fmodelx.dll is there. Thanks in advance!
It's probably DFHack issue, did you try to put that DLL in your system32 folder?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Dibber6

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 10, 2012, 02:48:38 pm »

Yes, it's a dfhack library, and I plan to study DFhack a bit more to expand the modding possibilities. Modding pure RAWs becomes a bit too tight for me, I want more.

It's probably DFHack issue, did you try to put that DLL in your system32 folder?

Could that mess up my computer? I am computer illiterate, and I had to look up what system32 was, and it said most of the files are vital for my computer to function. Is it safe to put the file in there?

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 10, 2012, 02:51:40 pm »

Could that mess up my computer? I am computer illiterate, and I had to look up what system32 was, and it said most of the files are vital for my computer to function. Is it safe to put the file in there?

If you paste the DLL to there and doesn't get a note about replacing files, then it's usually safe. Though that assumes that it's not a malware, which DFHack shouldn't be.

I don't uses DFHack so I don't know if it'll fix it!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 10, 2012, 03:02:51 pm »

Ask in DFHack thread why did your problem happen in the first place. I can run it without any additional copy-pasting.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 10, 2012, 03:15:51 pm »

Just a little request:

Would you be able to provide the plain raws (just the raws) as with the previous version please? Its just that I can download and install DFhack myself and its a smaller download just to get the raws.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 108