Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 322598 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Repair
Cartilage has limited repair capabilities: Because chondrocytes are bound in lacunae, they cannot migrate to damaged areas. Therefore cartilage damage is difficult to heal. Also, because hyaline cartilage does not have a blood supply, the deposition of new matrix is slow. Damaged hyaline cartilage is usually replaced by fibrocartilage scar tissue. Over the last years, surgeons and scientists have elaborated a series of cartilage repair procedures that help to postpone the need for joint replacement.
Bioengineering techniques are being developed to generate new cartilage, using a cellular "scaffolding" material and cultured cells to grow artificial cartilage.[6]

Just to show the reason why cartilage is lacking a healing tag. Because in RL, it does not have one either.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Repair
Cartilage has limited repair capabilities: Because chondrocytes are bound in lacunae, they cannot migrate to damaged areas. Therefore cartilage damage is difficult to heal. Also, because hyaline cartilage does not have a blood supply, the deposition of new matrix is slow. Damaged hyaline cartilage is usually replaced by fibrocartilage scar tissue. Over the last years, surgeons and scientists have elaborated a series of cartilage repair procedures that help to postpone the need for joint replacement.
Bioengineering techniques are being developed to generate new cartilage, using a cellular "scaffolding" material and cultured cells to grow artificial cartilage.[6]

Just to show the reason why cartilage is lacking a healing tag. Because in RL, it does not have one either.

It's justified for knee joints. It's not so justified with noses and ears, where it pops up in-game.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My steel dwarf demigod adventurer got pwned by a naked dalesman werebeast. Did they get buffed even in human form? He was incredibly muscular...
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Yeah. Werebeasts in my mod are not pansies you encounter in vanilla. You have to bring a group to kill them.

Check this thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=124127.0
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah. Werebeasts in my mod are not pansies you encounter in vanilla. You have to bring a group to kill them.

Check this thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=124127.0

Ah, so he turned because one of my companions landed a hit, not because our party was made of Bad Luck Brians  :D Not that it matters, I kept missing him even before.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

General
- All wooly creatures produce generic "wool", so now you have "wool shirts" instead of "auroch wool shirts".
- Removed "make mead candy" broken reaction.
Adventure mode
- Fixed rock anvil reaction name.
- New adventure mode-only building: smelting pit. Smelt weapon/armor/helmets/shields into bars.
- Removed useless buildings from construction list.
- Only dwarves can build Deep Furnace, Soul Forge and Tinker's Workbench.
- You cannot use "melt metal object" in smelter in adv. mode (no items are designated) so use Smelting Pit for that.

As I said weekend is the time when I work during nights, so I don't have much free time (barely got time to sleep, eat and work out a bit after work), but here's another release. Soon I will expand the "race-specific adventure mode buildings" idea.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage

Big_James_B

• Bay Watcher
  • Veteran Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hey Deon, took my semi-internet a while but I got it...a while ago...many hours ago...
Now starts the adventures of Ragnar...

Eh, I now cant be bothered.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 12:22:14 pm by Big_James_B »
I think I am going crazy. I start to understand and actually follow Rumrusher along with his ideas...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

What do you mean? I am not going to bother you!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Can't be bothered to do a story on the adventures of Ragnar.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Can't be bothered to do a story on the adventures of Ragnar.
You too? Why does everyone what to do this story.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a way to use this with the Lazy Newb Pack?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

The LNP is pretty out-of-date, so I think it'd be better to just get the individual parts, I.E, the graphics pack (which comes with it) and DFHack.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

No, everything is customized, LNP would break tiles/graphics/other things. Why would you want to? If you want some customization, I can tell you how.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 108