Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 320952 times)

Big_James_B

• Bay Watcher
  • Veteran Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

From our succession fortress - no.  :P
But What occured to me is the succubi. Did you have them set to female specific? If not, you might need to change the male succubi to inccubi...just a minor error.
I think I am going crazy. I start to understand and actually follow Rumrusher along with his ideas...

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

fun thing Advfort will allow you to do, body cabinets. never thought I could cram so much into a corpse but hey that's the beauty of Advfort.
now to add back in the 'shove unit into a bag' ability that child snatchers have and see if I could mix that into a cool mechanic. though I think I need the prisioner profession.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I think I am going crazy. I start to understand and actually follow Rumrusher along with his ideas...
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Big_James_B

• Bay Watcher
  • Veteran Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=124300.0

There you go, I've decided to write about my Nordic Adventurer.

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a way to use this with the Lazy Newb Pack?
No, everything is customized, LNP would break tiles/graphics/other things. Why would you want to? If you want some customization, I can tell you how.
I appreciate the insane response time, and the offer, but I was really leaning more on the lazy part than the knowing. I assume all the stuff in the options of LNP can be modded in the raws? For me, it really boils down to population caps (children, mostly) and aquifers.

Since I have you here, Deon, are there any plans to expand your mod like the Masterwork one (or merge the two)? I absolutely love the work you do (I mostly play adventure), but I like some of the ideas that Meph has in his/her mod for DF Mode. For example, making all clothing have an armor value really alleviates one of the most irritating things in the game (decaying clothing). Also, armored pets sounds pretty cool. I'll be honest, I've only actually read about the things that the Masterwork mod has; yours is the only one I've used (again, adventuring rules). Occasionally though, I get that itch to build a fortress (and pillage it with my adventurer later, lol), and a lot of the Masterwork reactions look cool.

I hope I'm not out of line in asking or bringing any of this up.
All those settings are in init files, not raws.
It's kinda funny how you want to merge Genesis and Masterwork, because Masterwork started with Genesis + a few other mods, it was one of the first things Meph merged in ^^.

I didn't know that; kind of funny. I just like to use my world for both my fortresses and adventuring. Your adventuring ideas are awesome, and Meph's fortress stuff is interesting. Although it would be really cool to completely merge the two so I could have a functioning fortress AND play my hero at the same time, I was originally looking for something that just allowed me to use both your mods in the same generated world. After having talked to you, I'm starting to wonder if it is possible to have both games at the same time.

I'd say I was interested in making my own mod to try such a thing, but school would not permit it at this time. Hopefully this summer will change that.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 11:55:50 am by dirty foot »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

It's impossible because Meph uses a very old version of Genesis, and there would be too many conflicts. Also both mods are total conversions, so yeah...
We don't plan to "merge" these two mods for a few reasons.

1) Meph has created a very big "basis" by merging many large mods together already. Swapping old genesis with new one would be a colossal work.
2) Meph has already lots of cool stuff made by himself and people who work with him, so again we're kinda going our own ways (although we help each other with ideas and news, Meph constantly keeps me up to date on new scripts for dfhack and stuff).
3) I am not interested in it because I'd like to keep my world under control. I like to control everything I have in my mod and keep current game balance, design etc in my head. If I merged a few big mods I would not be able to keep track of everything due to big differences in modders' thinking and designs.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile

I was working on a mix mod a long time ago with Masterwork, Genesis, and LFR + other mods and it was a nightmare to merge.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I like some of the ideas that Meph has in his/her mod for DF Mode. For example, making all clothing have an armor value really alleviates one of the most irritating things in the game (decaying clothing).
I dont even use this. ^^

And yeah, when I started modding I was playing oldGenesis myself and deon is one of the people who helped me start with modding. And we indeed switch ideas a lot, and indeed we are both not interested in merging anything. Genesis, Fallout and Lordofthe Rings (kudos for writing 3 mods at the same time and not going crazy btw) have a very distinct lore and feeling, while MasterworkDF is more a MashUp Crossover thingy, with the settings and all that. I personally never even considered a consistent lore or background story for MasterworkDF. And my adv mode support is non-existant.

Speaking of adv mode and merging stuff, deon, didnt you want to write a module on advfort and leave me a PM when its done? You mentioned I might be interested in the results. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

It's currently experimental for Fallout mod, but it won't be hard to remake for fantasy setting if it's playable enough. I am going to start a succession adventure world to see how it works.
I also slowly work on a fantasy version for LOTR mod, that version I am going to show to you once it's done (no time for everything, damn it :O).

Basically there will be different resources: ingots, blades, shafts, planks etc which do not appear in fort mode as intermediate products, and there will be less workshops which will still allow to create most of the stuff. If it's not too tedious, it's going to be o-kay.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

rosareven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi Deon, love the Genesis mod since version 3 when I first started playing. I have a question with Reborn Fortress mode and please forgive me if it was already answered: are we still able to make rock tools like back in version 3? Also I saw a lot of "make wooden tool" options repeating in the carpenter's workshop. What are they?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 05:38:51 pm by rosareven »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I should check wooden tools, don't remember seeing them there. You cannot add new reactions to carpenter's workshop, so it's probably a side-effect of something.

You can make rock-tip arrows and bolts in fletcher's workshop, but no tools. Work for them! :D
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

rosareven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I should check wooden tools, don't remember seeing them there. You cannot add new reactions to carpenter's workshop, so it's probably a side-effect of something.

You can make rock-tip arrows and bolts in fletcher's workshop, but no tools. Work for them! :D
Ah fair enough. I'm a noobish player and the rock tools were handy when they lasted. I generated a world with a lot of resources though so I'll survive XD

Another question, I can't seem to find large pot in the craftsdwarf workshop even though they're in un-modded DF. Is it intentionally removed as well?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

They are avaliable, check again. It's under rock-> ...
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Rammon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I started playing as an outsider, but I can't get and equip a bag, is this some bug or there's some bags you cant equip??

BTW, Im playing as a lord

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

You can't equip bags; you can equip backpacks.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 108