Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 323810 times)

Relicknowles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello forgive me if my questions would be better asked else where but i know that many things are different in genesis than DF original. Such as weapons. Been searching to try and figure out which weapons are one handed and which are 2 handed. only thing i can think of is going by weight. cobalt for each they weigh broardsword 4r, bastard sword 6r and longsword 8r. so does that mean the longsword is the 2 handed sword? cause in DF original longsword is a onehander i thought. btw if there is a link to where this info is listed that would be great since DF wiki only talks about the original and not your sweet ass modded version :P thanks again :D

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Broadsword is one handed.

Bastard sword is, according to Wikipedia, a sword midway in length to that of a short and long sword.

Long swords in ancient times are pretty long, so yeah, longswords are twohanded.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Relicknowles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ok sweet i am a noob but managed to figure out to look into the raw files to see what size requirements are thanks to smake but how do i know what size i am? says i am average size for a dalesman size (70) but the measurements in the raws are in the thousands. I.E.
[ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_LONGSWORD]
   [NAME:longsword:longswords]
   [SIZE:900]
   [SKILL:SWORD]
   [MINIMUM_SIZE:55000]
   [TWO_HANDED:85000]
   [MATERIAL_SIZE:5]
   [ATTACK:EDGE:100000:8000:slash:slashes:NO_SUB:1250]
   [ATTACK:BLUNT:100000:8000:slap:slaps:flat:1250]
   [ATTACK:BLUNT:100:1000:strike:strikes:pommel:1000]

So i am guessing u have to be at least 55000 to even equip it and if u are under 85000 then u are using it with 2 hands. is that right? and so how do i know how big my dalesman is?   again thanks for your help :D

Also i just tried scanning the raws to see if it was in there but couldnt find it. on the DF vanillla wiki humans are 70000. is that the cause for a dalesman? :D
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 07:08:16 am by Relicknowles »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Size 70 is equivalent to [BODY_SIZE:12:0:70000]

So, basically, every single dalesman is using the longsword ([TWO_HANDED:85000]) with two hands by default.

If you want to wield it with one hand, you can lower that number to 65000 or something. Downside is that other races who are about the same size as you are going to wield it with one hand too.

==========================================================================================

One thing, I find the lack of kobolds... I dunno, kinda disappointing. My favorite punching bags are nowhere in sight. But niths, their smaller relatives are. :c
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 07:13:41 am by New Guy »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

You can still wield it with one hand, it will just require twice as much skill to use.

Regarding other info, there's a manual in the first post. It does not have everything this mod has, I haven't got time to put that in, but now that you've mentioned it I will add armor and weapon properties next to that manual.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Urist Mcfortwrecker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I feel a beastiary would be good to explain what all these new animals do, without digging through the raws, even if you just included "common" creatures such as saprolings and griffons, it would be helpful, especially for fantasy creatures

Relicknowles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ok yeah thanks for the info new guy! To Deon, yeah I am kinda new to DF in the first place and so i am not sure which parts of your mod are Different than DF vanilla. I am use to having a WIkI that can hold my hand lol. I really do try and search  for answers to my questions before bugging u guys but i can't find updated info if any for the genesis mod. Maybe if i knew more about the moding process in general i could figure it out on my own. Going to start research on that and the Raws. any links that u can provide on updated  info on this mod or moding in general would be awesome and thanks again for the help.  :D

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

I feel a beastiary would be good to explain what all these new animals do, without digging through the raws, even if you just included "common" creatures such as saprolings and griffons, it would be helpful, especially for fantasy creatures

Concerning the venom glands, you can find most of them on subterranean_1.txt, but it does not cover all the glands.

I think deep spiders have the paralysis gland, sand rats for the fever gland and maybe scorpions for sepsis?

burchalka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there any sense to strive to get venoms to try and use against undead in reanimating biome?

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Really amazing, I got a dwarven civilization that took over an undead settlement and (i think) allied itself with the void dwellers. Or took over their town. Maybe.

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Genesis Reborn 5.23

Great mod, Deon. So glad you added Phoebus graphics. Ironhand was ok, but never was updated for minecarts or tracks.

Timberyard seems to behave strangely with DFHack/workflow constraints. Add Limit from a Saw Wood task in a timberyard gives only the option of blocks any material, ignoring any constraints of blocks any wood. Make Bedroom Set behaves normally with workflow.

Aside: I always thought the idea of making stone cabinets and beds was much more dwarfy. I sometimes mod the old furniture workshop to accept rock blocks.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 10:19:04 pm by There Is No Vic »

Urist Mcfortwrecker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Doesnt this mean that the axebow uses hammer skill despite being a slashy weapon?
if so a fix would me much apreciated (i have it fixed on my copy, raws are easy to change) this way axe-wielders can sacrifice a little power for range, but how ould this affect combat behaviour? as it is a ranged weapon my guess would be they stand ground while shooting, then switch to slashing away with the axe bayonet, however in some situations this may not be the desired mode, for example, if my voidsteel axebow is the weapon i want to use against a bronze collosus to slice its limbs off, i dont want to chip it to death is there a way to help this? or is it hardcoded?

burchalka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe make sure they don't have any bolts? So they won't have another choice.
Another thing I remember reading here is that if you give markdwarf squad a kill order - they will engage in melee (provided they can path to target).

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Doesnt this mean that the axebow uses hammer skill despite being a slashy weapon?
if so a fix would me much apreciated (i have it fixed on my copy, raws are easy to change) this way axe-wielders can sacrifice a little power for range, but how ould this affect combat behaviour? as it is a ranged weapon my guess would be they stand ground while shooting, then switch to slashing away with the axe bayonet, however in some situations this may not be the desired mode, for example, if my voidsteel axebow is the weapon i want to use against a bronze collosus to slice its limbs off, i dont want to chip it to death is there a way to help this? or is it hardcoded?

Crossbows use HAMMER weapon skill. It's to allow seamless transition. And I think one of the reagents used to make an axebow is a crossbow, so it would make sense if it used the HAMMER skill.

Otherwise, just switch the HAMMER to AXE if you're inclined to do so.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 108