Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 324183 times)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Minor request: more skills from library, please...diagnosis, dying, glazing, weaving, armor/shield user and actual weapon skills would be awesome, with diagnosis and glazing being the most important- they are hard, or in the latter case impossible, to learn.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been using dfhack workflow for a while now, today I got this error when trying to automate coal:

Command line in dfhack window will workflow coal normally.

Maybe it's Genesis, maybe not. Thought I'd let you know

from stderr
Code: [Select]
Invoking: gui/workflow
UNKNOWN CLASS 'dfhack_lua_viewscreen@DFHack': vtable = 0x77a7da1c
Invoking: gui/workflow

from dfhack window

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Sorry, I don't think it's mod related. Coke is hardcoded. Try asking in workflow thread perhaps?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

- new werecreature curse - werelizard. Smaller than werebeasts but can hide when running.
- fixed "nickel argentan" name (now argentan).
- argentan added to the list of undead/werecreature harming materials.
- husks and wights from curses and religious actions are now weak to silver, argentan and moonsilver.

- clockwork and remade metal tissues are splintable and settable.

- fire, inferno and web blocks/ammo are "wood" types (for stockpiling).
- living metal has to be made from void stalks instead of any type of wood.

- dragons drop dragonbone carcasses on death.
- dragonbone carcass can be transmuted in thaumaturgy guild.
- transmute a dragonbone carcass into 20 dragonbone and dragonscale bars (new metals for weapons and armor).
- fixed voidspawn crazy material resistances, reduced their frequency and cluster sizes.

- fixed wicker bed reaction.
- added diagnosing, animal training, smelting, weaving, dyeing, glazing, beekeeping, wax working skills to library.
- fixed previously missing crafting tablet for library, sorted library menu.
- reduced amount of items required to build thaumaturgy guild/library/chapterhouse.
- reduced amount of blocks required to build religious buildings; removed plants as a component of occult grove (to prevent building withering).
- improved odds of titanite smelting in deep furnace.
- added quartzite smelting in deep furnace (makes clear glass out of quartzite boulders).

Next version I will release a new alchemy/geomancy feature, then I will move onto Cavern 3 abyss.
I plan to start SVN to keep smaller changes easily accessible ASAP.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile

Man, and I -just- downloaded the previous version. Ah well, it's a good time restart and use my knowledge of castes better I guess :P

I did find it odd, though - shortly after I started playing on a fort, I had two dead hellbats. Does this happen normally?

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sweet. Minor question- are caps and other civilian headwear still [SHAPED] in this version?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Yep, however I plan to fix it later, just forgot. Caps under helmets make a perfect sense.
Once I set up SVN is will be much easier to submit patches.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, someone with a better knowledge of dfhack should check if caste and clockwork transformations eliminate the recently discovered bug where most fortress-born citizens remain child-sized pygmies.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

okay so here's what I know about building traps in adventure mode, you disarm it(?) by observing it, but if you get someone else to build, the trap stays armed. So having a separate script that runs fort mode commands to companions is key. though getting companions to build stuff causes their AI to flip out if you order them to build far from you.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What does the Eldorado map do?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

It's a pretty good USA map.
I plan to add a lot of custom worldgens, I just need to find them and sort through them. If you have favourite maps, please suggest.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile

I did find it odd, though - shortly after I started playing on a fort, I had two dead hellbats. Does this happen normally?

I find that dead hellbats are a very common occurrence. The only explanation that I can come up with is that they have [BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_LAVA] and [UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:3:4], but they do not have [NOBREATHE], causing any that spawn within the magma sea to drown almost instantly.

Within a year in one of my forts, I had over a dozen dead bats :P

Edit: [AMPHIBIOUS] may work too.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 02:52:14 pm by BlackFlyme »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Thanks for the observation guys :). I just forgot that they may suffocate in lava.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Centurions and utility spiders are only importable now?

Magma steam engine says it requires rock pipe section and chain. Metal works for pipe section and does recognize iron chain.
Which tile should the down stairs be on? I have down stairs to magma at upper left corner. Still says I need magma.

Jade cannons are awesome.

[Edit: steam engine, not sauna vent.]
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 12:42:20 pm by There Is No Vic »

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Due to the recent bug found out here: Fort-born creatures stay around baby-size you may want to go through your creatures and have everything born at their adult size just until this issue gets fixed by Toady or the DFHack team work up a binary work around.

In short each fort born dwarf will almost never get larger than a cat in size (essentially they're too small for the game to assign them butcherable brains, sweetbread, lungs, and guts) and this adversely affects their blunt damage output, ability to wield larger weapons, and general combat survivability. Fort-born animals are born pitifully small and give little, occasionally no resources when butchered. Migrants and other immigrating creatures do not suffer this issue in any.

Giving your forces slashing and piercing weapons balances out their size but if you've ever wondered why tamed animals tend to get slaughtered in mass or how longer run forts/succession games tend to have a harder time dealing with sieges, this appears to be why... besides the odd bought of bad luck.

This isn't a problem with the mod but since you have a pretty active release cycle, and the next DF release isn't for a while, you may want to look into this as this could affect balance one way or the other. Good work as always Deon!
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 108