Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 323808 times)

howitended

• Bay Watcher
  • Real men wear pink
    • View Profile
Re: [ GENESIS Reborn 5.35 ] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk ||
« Reply #1335 on: August 21, 2013, 03:58:21 pm »

I can't figure out if I'm just doing it wrong or what.
Whenever I attempt to make a weapon at the weaponsmithing workshop, I pick my material (which is already in bar form, and right there with me) and then get a blank page where the weapon types should be.

I haven't modified anything in any way and have no idea what's wrong.

Same goes for armor, I've tried making chitin armor about 20 times and been presented with a blank screen in both the clothesmaking and leatherworking workshops. I have the chitin (and just in case, some thread) right under my feet and the option just doesn't appear.

Otherwise I LOVE this mod. (there are bound to be some bugs)
Keep it up, you're doing something great. :)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 04:02:32 pm by howitended »
They built this whole neighborhood out of wood, out of wood
I guess I'll still be around when they burn, burn it down
I will be standing around when they burn it down

Here in the Museum of Idiots

afoninv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: August 22, 2013, 07:33:55 am »

A couple points regarding rivebow and chakri. First, chakri are heavy. 50 iron chakri weight 134u, and a dwarf with a rivebow and quiver of ammo slows to a crawl, which renders this weapon rather useless. Second, chakri are very expensive (~5 times more expensive than armor of the same metal and quality), which makes trading them feel like an exploit.

Fallen are awesome, I really enjoyed reading battle reports. Marksdwarves falling in extreme pain behind their "secure" fortifications came as a big surprise. Perhaps remaking troops to clockworks is not so weird an idea after all.
Can't wait for other enemies to appear!
-
V.

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: August 22, 2013, 09:42:31 am »

Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.

I updated the wrong version. This is what happens when you work at work, at home and on wifey's Laptop. So 5.35 is based on 5.33. It should be fairly trivial to fix, sorry for that. I am going to bed now but I will re-add calcinator and elixirs back tomorrow.

So was this ever fixed?

Not yet.

Regarding fire and inferno blocks used as catapult ammo, it appears as though the blocks are not being destroyed on impact, but remain in the stockpile list, invisible and undumpable.

Savegame:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7926

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: August 29, 2013, 12:14:43 pm »

Are inferno blocks supposed to destroy bridges made from magma-safe materials?

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: August 29, 2013, 03:13:36 pm »

Are inferno blocks supposed to destroy bridges made from magma-safe materials?

They are supposed to be dragonfire, so I guess yes.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Nat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: September 01, 2013, 08:25:16 am »

One of my dwarfs managed to get nerve damage in both arms, so I wanted to transform her into an automaton. Unfortunately, no arms means she can't use the building. Same goes for the Flesh Studio -> Reborn.

Any ideas on how I can fix this problem?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: September 03, 2013, 08:31:37 am »

Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.

I updated the wrong version. This is what happens when you work at work, at home and on wifey's Laptop. So 5.35 is based on 5.33. It should be fairly trivial to fix, sorry for that. I am going to bed now but I will re-add calcinator and elixirs back tomorrow.

So was this ever fixed?

Not yet.

Regarding fire and inferno blocks used as catapult ammo, it appears as though the blocks are not being destroyed on impact, but remain in the stockpile list, invisible and undumpable.

Savegame:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7926

I will check that, that is most likely the utility issue.

I haven't updated this yet, sorry :). I just had my son go to school today for the first time, so I was a bit busy with stuff lately.
Also I am finishing a tileset for Cataclysm Dark Days ahead roguelike, but I will be back :).

One of my dwarfs managed to get nerve damage in both arms, so I wanted to transform her into an automaton. Unfortunately, no arms means she can't use the building. Same goes for the Flesh Studio -> Reborn.

That is a tricky situation... Only making someone else able to apply an interaction can fix it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

trekkie5249

• Bay Watcher
  • Phaser Rifleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: September 03, 2013, 08:18:02 pm »

Hi, I've been modifying the reaction_adventurer file to give me adamantine everything for free. I've got everything working except for the gauntlets, which I can't equip, although I can make them.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is the reaction I'm using.
[REACTION:TRANSMUTE_METAL_HALBERD] works for the other ones, so it's not the problem.
Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

The only problem with The Next Generation was Wesley never had a terrible airlock or engineering bay related accident that left just slush.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: September 03, 2013, 08:48:36 pm »

Hi, I've been modifying the reaction_adventurer file to give me adamantine everything for free. I've got everything working except for the gauntlets, which I can't equip, although I can make them.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is the reaction I'm using.
[REACTION:TRANSMUTE_METAL_HALBERD] works for the other ones, so it's not the problem.
Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Yes, I can.

Searching is good!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 08:50:24 pm by Putnam »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: September 03, 2013, 08:49:12 pm »

The gauntlets, which I can't equip, although I can make them.

That's a vanilla issue. Custom reactions that create any type of hand item will not have a "handedness", so to speak. Instead of having "left glove" or "right gauntlet" you instead just have a nondescript glove that cannot be worn on either hand.

I think there is a DFHack script that fixes this.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: September 04, 2013, 04:09:44 pm »

If the reaction and building are still there in this version, you can build a Mushroom Shrine, make a lot of shimmering crystals, build an Occult Grove, station this cripple guy there, and set the druid-making reaction on repeat. If she becomes a druid, make her a civilian, and use an enemy to frighten her so she flees- at this point she transforms into a Direwolf, then back to a dwarf after a while, with all injuries healed.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1346 on: September 06, 2013, 02:57:23 am »

et the druid-making reaction on repeat.
Bad idea, autosyndrome does not work if the reaction is set on repeat.

I think there is a DFHack script that fixes this.
Correct, autofixhandedness.rb by Kurik Amudnil.

Deon, where are thou?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Nat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: September 07, 2013, 11:38:17 pm »

I was working on druiding up the cripple, but I just lost her and most of my military to a voidling ambush, so now everything's spiralling out of control. The constant spam of stunning spells is just too powerful for normal dwarves to deal with, and the one military clockwork I have was made incredibly weak and slow by the process so couldn't get to the fight in time.

It was a fun fort though. The only metal I really found in the ground was cobalt and I was at war with most of the humans most of the time because their silly diplomats kept falling into my moat. I had four 11x11 refuse piles full of corpses and my biggest problem was cleaning up the entrance in time for the next siege or trader. By year 8 I had 25 melee military dwarves wearing bloodsteel (I brought almost nothing but bauxite on embark and looted the iron from the battlefield) and another 30 crossbowdwarves in a mix of dragonbone, dragonscale, mithril, titanite and bloodsteel.

I really liked having a hospital setup where I put a magma sauna in the middle, surround it with 12 beds, and surround the beds with a ring of alternating tables and traction benches. Pretty neat design and all the patients get the sauna buff when it's running.

I learned that a 3 tile wide entrance is a big risk when you have so many different races to trade with. I got a traffic jam when some were coming out at the same time others were going in. The wagons couldn't move, but eventually the wagons all disappeared when I wasn't watching.

I had problems with activating bronze centurions and spiders. I had all the inactive centurions and spiders standing around in the room with the workshop, but nothing ever happened when the jobs ran, apart from the puff of smoke.

One of the clockworks I made lost all his steam and his strength went down to 208. I'm not sure if these things are related, or if there's some kind of random chance for things to go wrong when you turn a dwarf into a clockwork?

The werebeasts are terrifying, but far from unkillable. I remember playing an older version in adventure mode and those things were untouchable killing machines. I was a bit worried when one showed up and sprinted straight into the fortress. It only managed to kill a few relatively useless dwarfs though and a few decently trained military dwarves took it down.

I'm not entirely sure what to do with the ox strength compound, focusing concoction etc. I made a bunch and just stored them in the food stockpile, but I'm not sure if that's all you're supposed to do with the stuff.

oreganor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: September 14, 2013, 07:45:42 pm »

I recently tried this mod because looked very "Adventure mode" friendly and I stumbled on a strange situation.

I'm trying to play with a serpentfolk adventurer... I tried this in 3 different generated worlds with "advanced features" (in the default templates provided but stoping early in history, around year 200) and I have the following situation:

- There are Serpentfolk Civs reported as a valid Adventure option (I'm not trying the outsider approach), up to 3 on one of the worlds.

- Doesn't matter which Civ I choose, the starting town is friendly to me, populated by an unrelated race (Nords, Daleman, Dherim and goblins are the ones I have encountered). When I check the entities list on the quest log I have decent reputation with some non-serpentfolk settlements and there is always an entity properly assigned to serpentfolk civ that's invisible (When I press "zoom" the cursor doesn't move at all... As it happens, for example, with sites of the "host" race friendly to my adventurer).

Other hostile races doesn't seem to have this issue (goblin or ratking adventurers, when available, have a proper inhabited town).

What I'm missing? A parameter at world creation? Or maybe aborting history after just 200 years is triggering this behaviour?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1349 on: September 15, 2013, 03:53:21 am »

I had problems with activating bronze centurions and spiders. I had all the inactive centurions and spiders standing around in the room with the workshop, but nothing ever happened when the jobs ran, apart from the puff of smoke.
Pasture them ON the workshop. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 108