Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 324221 times)

wugawuga

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [ GENESIS Reborn5.40 ] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk || Hotfix, spell immunity!
« Reply #1425 on: October 29, 2013, 06:18:47 pm »

Deon probably has it on STANDARD print mode, which is incompatible with TrueType. Switch it to 2D to allow TrueType, though it'll break Rendermax. Baughn has said that it's not impossible to include truetype support for STANDARD print mode, though, so that could be arranged at some point or another.

It was on STANDARD mode in the init. Switched it and it works fine now, thanks alot.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [ GENESIS Reborn5.40 ] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk || Hotfix, spell immunity!
« Reply #1426 on: October 29, 2013, 07:08:38 pm »

Yeah, it was set to standard to allow lighting engine. If you don't care about that, just change print mode. I should probably add it to launcher.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: October 30, 2013, 07:42:25 am »

So I'm currently testing out starting a fort with any of the random Civs(script) on your mod and rolled up a Fallen fort. So far the fallen only necessity are fresh clothes to keep their undead minds at bay or they would go insane from unhappiness from nudity.
Need to write a script to add a noble profession that unlocks military screen later but the fort's Band Leader/Leader Band is a fallen miner who decided that her base needs to be under a human bridge. so far I started with no silk and the plants aren't giving me any thread. I hope there's a good leather clothes option I can give to my immortal men. I haven't tested what would happen if they murdered any of the wildlife but a buzzard been harassing them lately.

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Kiberkiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jack Trades' Lair
« Reply #1429 on: October 30, 2013, 04:43:28 pm »

I was looking for a good Adventure mode mod and I got recommended Genesis.
I have to say that it looks very good but I'm wondering if it's possible to somehow merge Genesis with  things that Accelerated DF does? It makes Adventure Mode much less cluttered and much more fun to play.
I could be wrong.  What would you call it when you spend that much time obsessing over something that it turns out you don't even like?
Relationships?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: October 30, 2013, 11:09:53 pm »

It's not possible to merge unless you re-do the whole mod. However you can leave suggestions and I will look into them! What do you want from Accelerated DF to be added?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Kiberkiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jack Trades' Lair
« Reply #1431 on: October 30, 2013, 11:35:11 pm »

It's not possible to merge unless you re-do the whole mod. However you can leave suggestions and I will look into them! What do you want from Accelerated DF to be added?

I see, well here's some stuff I like about Accelerated DF in order of importance:

* Simplified bodies. Creatures only have basic bodyparts that matter in a fight, no toes or fingers or anything like that.
It makes the "What bodypart to attack?" list much much shorter.

* Standartized animal materials. Skinning animals for example produces "leather" rather than "[animalname] lether". Same with bones and meat.
Less clutter in inventory and shops.

* Less clothing types. No clothing types that don't do anything different gameplay-wise. Socks for example, are pretty much useless.
I could be wrong.  What would you call it when you spend that much time obsessing over something that it turns out you don't even like?
Relationships?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: October 30, 2013, 11:56:15 pm »

1) Simplified bodies is something I would not go for, mostly because I like details about fingers being cut off. However it's possible to make it an option you can toggle in the launcher, so I will do it. Thanks for the suggestion.

2) Simplified leather is already in. Simplified meat is not that important because you don't make anything out of it (and you cannot stack it yet anyway, so it does not matter if you have wolf meat [5], jaguar meat [3] or meat[5], meat[3]). The reason why leather names are important is that items made out of animal leather tend to have rather longer names, so using standirtized leather makes "spotted wobbegong leather hood" into "leather hood".

Also note that Genesis has DIFFERENT types of standirtized leathers. Suede, leather, hide, scale, tanned chitin, dragonscale. They all have different material values and price, but they are generalized, so you won't have "abcdefghijklmnopqrstyvwzyz suede trousers".

3) Clothing is much more different in Genesis than in vanilla. Different armors/clothing types have different coverage values, so it means that you can hit past even a platemail (in some slit I suppose) if you are using a dagger if your skill is very high/you are lucky.
Also clothing does a lot. Socks for example soften blows, can save from nasty cuts and really well shield from temperature. You will get frostbite if you travel in cold areas without socks, and sometimes they can protect you even against magma if you walk on some spilled magma shortly.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Kiberkiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jack Trades' Lair
« Reply #1433 on: October 31, 2013, 12:12:14 am »

1) Simplified bodies is something I would not go for, mostly because I like details about fingers being cut off. However it's possible to make it an option you can toggle in the launcher, so I will do it. Thanks for the suggestion.

I understand that it's mostly a matter of taste but having an option would be amazing.
Relationships?

Kiberkiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jack Trades' Lair
« Reply #1434 on: October 31, 2013, 12:25:29 am »

Yeah, it was set to standard to allow lighting engine. If you don't care about that, just change print mode. I should probably add it to launcher.

I suppose that there's no way to have Rendermax and TrueType on at the same time?
Relationships?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: October 31, 2013, 12:27:58 am »

Currently it's impossible.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ GENESIS Reborn5.39 ] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk || Magical items!
« Reply #1436 on: November 02, 2013, 03:09:54 pm »

Thanks for the report, I've been away from modding for a bit so discussion kinda halted, and stuff like this is important to make the mod better.

Do you mean beholder gas which spills when the creature is pierced?

Ok new embark with beholders and it's definately them.  Latest game version, and only people outside were my miners digging channels before the beholders enraged and attacked.  There's no combat report beyond them enraging so I don't believe my miners were fighting back, and afterwards my idlers def ran out to clean up the ashes left.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: November 02, 2013, 07:18:06 pm »

I recently got a migrant wave, and one of the dwarves has stormbringer next to their name. I assumed it was a curse, and checked DFHack (cursecheck verbose) but he hasn't changed (DFHack says he should be a werebeast). Anyone know what a stormbringer is?
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: November 03, 2013, 02:59:45 am »

I have no idea why would Beholders do that and Cave Floaters in DF not (they have the similar type of gas). I will try to figure it out.

Strormbringers are a type of wizards. That dude who immigrated has learned a secret of lightning in worldgen, Icefire.
He could be a werebeast at the same time.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: November 03, 2013, 12:01:12 pm »

I have no idea why would Beholders do that and Cave Floaters in DF not (they have the similar type of gas). I will try to figure it out.

Strormbringers are a type of wizards. That dude who immigrated has learned a secret of lightning in worldgen, Icefire.
He could be a werebeast at the same time.

Ah, ok. Thanks :)

Dunno why DFHack is reporting that though; he's been in my fort for a year now and not changed once.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 05:18:49 pm by Icefire2314 »
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 108