Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Innocent safehouse raid?  (Read 1777 times)

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
Innocent safehouse raid?
« on: May 19, 2012, 02:55:34 pm »

So, after the LCS basically turned everyone liberal, the majority of house and senate seats were taken by elite liberals and liberals, and all the justices turned elite liberal, my leader basically went into retirement. He only did illegal things when he needed money or when the public's opinion turned less than liberal. He lived in an apartment that only ever got up to four percent heat, which is pretty good. However, recently his other apartment filled with people who only have committed crimes as severe as vandalism got raided. The place is filled with weapons, but none of them know how to use them. First of all, why did they raid a safehouse filled with innocent people, and second of all, how am I going to get them out alive?

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
Re: Innocent safehouse raid?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 03:16:11 pm »

I have no idea how you'll survive that. I really don't know why that would happen. If laws were too conservative, I could understand it. But when law and public opinion are both liberal, that kind of thing shouldn't happen, short of "deus ex conservativa".
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 03:19:22 pm »

Luckily enough my leader's not in there, and none of them have particularly amazing stats. If/when they do die, I can replace them. Still, I'd like to avoid liberal deaths.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 05:16:46 pm »

Could I at least edit the armor files and have my fashion designer make a bunch of super-togas so they could just tank through the SWAT officers?

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 05:43:08 pm »

Alfie Stone, professional bad ass, will take revenge for the lives of the innocent. One-man rampage time!

"Want to hear something disturbing?"
"What?"
"A bunch of innocent civilians convicted of vandalism were just gunned down by highly trained SWAT officers."
"That *is* disturbing! Is there anything I can do?"
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 05:45:35 pm by ShoesandHats »

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 05:46:06 pm »

If you're getting raided by SWAT officers, you can just surrender. Corporate mercenaries, CCS vigilantes and the CIA will just shoot everyone, but the cops will happily take your liberals in as prisoners instead of corpses if you give them the chance. If they're innocent (or mostly innocent), and the public opinion is liberal, you shouldn't even have any difficulties with the ensuing trial. You'll lose all the stuff in the house, but most things are easy enough to replace.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 05:48:04 pm »

Oh. Woops.

That means a bunch of my guys just got killed for no reason, unless I can somehow get the save back.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2012, 03:22:26 pm »

Characters guilty of vandalism are criminals, they're not innocent.  So the cops raided a house filled with criminals. 
Remember, LCS is a horrible place where, if the Conservatives had their way, vandals would be shot on sight (and are if you play Conservative Nightmare mode, or get laws to such a point in a normal game).

Also, the more characters you have in a building, the easier it is for the cops to see that you've got a safehouse full of criminals.  Apartment buildings are the worse for housing a lot of liberals.  See the "secrecy" indicator next to the heat?  It typically drops to around zero once you have a full squad of liberals stationed there.

Buy a flag.  It'll help, but generally you don't want large groups of people stationed in an apartment building.  Use an abandoned building instead.  They start with less secrecy than the apartments, but they don't drop as fast from having a large groups stationed there.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2012, 03:26:06 pm »

The thing is, they're already dead and I won that game.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 03:48:00 pm »

The thing is, they're already dead and I won that game.

Best response ever.  Congratulations on beating LCS.  My post was just an explanation of game mechanics, in case you or anyone else was curious.