Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Quick question about animal training  (Read 694 times)

chris_strain

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Overlord
    • View Profile
Quick question about animal training
« on: May 21, 2012, 12:17:35 am »

Captured invader mounts can be bred and their young will stay tame correct? I finally got a siege with good mounts (war cave dragons) so I'm suddenly interested in the new system. Just have to derail the tantrum spiral before I take anyone out of their cages.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
Re: Quick question about animal training
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 12:49:15 am »

Cave dragons don't breed unless you modify the raws - and I'm not sure you will be able to breed the units you already had before the change.

Captured mounts remain hostile. They can be used for training (to get experience for animal trainers), for butchery (preferably after dropping from a really high tower), for slaughter (once they have reverted to wild state), so they are quite useful, but I don't believe that multiplication is one of their uses.

vicwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 01:02:22 am »

Check  the raws, they can breed but remember to give them a nest box.

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 05:01:39 am »

Do the cave dragons show up on your z-animals menu for training?  I captured a bunch of War Jabberers and they weren't on the list, so training them was never an option.

So I pitted all the War Jabberers in a room with a bunch of nest boxes, which they ignored.  So I gunned them down for crossbow practice.  Hope you have better luck.

chris_strain

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 06:21:20 am »

I don't have a copy of the save here at work but poking at the raws made me sad... they lack a child tag so they should lay eggs but never hatch. Once I get home from work I'll have to try adding it in to see what happens. The up side is that since they brought them once they'll probably bring more later. Rutherers, cave crocs and cave dragons... at the very least I'll have a bountiful harvest from the pit of splattering