Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.10 Released  (Read 55040 times)

Ganthan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.10 Released
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2012, 09:10:08 am »

The mantis tracker entry says...  While paused, placing designations causes cat adoptions, martial trances, liaison meeting/negotiations.  Sometimes you'd see a large list of announcements pop up when the game was paused, no longer!

Aw, that means we can no longer exploit this glitch to make caravans pack and unpack their goods instantly.

Raven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2012, 09:42:47 am »

Yes, I found one or two of these a bit confusing at first, but the bug tracker page has a more detailed breakdown that helps.

Added ability to set up generic armor options in uniforms (like the ones the defaults have);
The default armour sets (leather, metal etc.) have an option that says "Any helmet" or "Any leather helmet" etc. which wasn't available for players to use in their own custom sets.  It is now.

Stopped dwarves from looping between civ/squad equipment if they can't follow their orders;
I didn't know about this, but seems quite elf-explanatory.

Stopped aspects of the game from advancing when designations were placed;
The mantis tracker entry says...  While paused, placing designations causes cat adoptions, martial trances, liaison meeting/negotiations.  Sometimes you'd see a large list of announcements pop up when the game was paused, no longer!

Stopped adventurer from turning into an underground creature when in the ocean/etc.
Adv. Mode travel (near oceans) teleports player underground and turns them into an underground creature.  Hmm, can't say I ever experienced this one, but seems pretty freaky.

thx

that one about designations is pretty rare to me, never happened

about the one in adventure mode, i remember that there is a similar bug about sleeping on an iceberg and waking up as a demon lol
http://dwarffortressitalia.tumblr.com/

Italian blog about Dwarf Fortress

Il primo blog italiano su Dwarf Fortress

Logic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2012, 10:32:09 am »

Ha, I had been trying to make Merpeople build cities underwater, but I kept turning into demons and such when I tried to play as a merperson. I guess I can put their cities back underwater now. :D

Edit: Oh, wait, actually, I think that if you start underwater then you still become a cave creature. I would be fine with this if I could get out of the caves. ;-;
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 12:09:27 pm by Logic »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]