Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

[MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD

(1/1090) > >>

Meph:
The modding questions thread sometimes gets very cluttered, and different people know more about some categories, and less about others. For creatures, I would ask hugo, for interactions I would ask narhiril, for entities, deon. I hope it is a good idea to split the old questions thread into fields. If you disagree, simply dont post here, and it will disappear from itself after a few days ;)
All creature or entity related questions go here.Modding Guide on Wiki
All Creature Token
All Body Detail Plan Token
All Body Token
All Tissue Token

Deon:
I don't know where did you get the impresion "who knows what", I am pretty sure we all know the creatures, the entities, the items and the interactions in more or less the same level. Everyone has his own tricks though. And I am not a pro in material stats, I still do not fully understand how do different shear, tear etc. values interact with each other.

Meph:
Just what I saw... I know that most modders here know the usual stuff on any topic, but I really havent seen anyone who pulled of your trick with different creature sprites in one entity, or can do body/body detail plans as well as hugo (he did creatures for his mod, automation fortress, masterwork, LfR) or set up interactions like narhiril (with two mages that boost their powers, co-op spells, creature spawning in workshops, illusionary copies of mages)

So, anyway, I hope this helps new modders a bit. And if it does not, no harm done, if no one uses these categorized threads, they will dissappear by themselves.

Putnam:
narhiril actually did the "different creature sprites in one entity" first with her Shedim, I'm pretty sure.

Tirion:
I have a question: what does [FIREIMMUNE][FIREIMMUNE_SUPER] do? I had an adventurer in 34.09 who started melting when coming in contact with some interaction-induced fire, despite having these tokens.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version