Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 363

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 643518 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1440 on: November 15, 2015, 03:41:02 am »

Just a quick question to know if it's possible before I attempt to do so - is there a way to make it so any Wild Animal tagged animal men (like the Anaconda Man wandering around above-ground in my current fort site) can be 'tamed' into becoming a 'citizen'? (aka still an animal but actually does stuff around the place) Or if then just as a person who hangs around without scaring the crap out of my animals? I know I can probably slap the war training tag on it to make it into a tamable war critter with the tag that let's it equip stuff, but yeah. Curious.

You can make them tame, but you cannot make them into proper citizens. Even humans and elves could not be proper citizens, as the game only accepts the ENTITY race.

DrunkGamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Beer loving Gentledwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: November 22, 2015, 07:31:12 am »

Is there any guide or anything on creature descriptors/appearance modifiers?

I just can't seem to get my head around how they work.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: November 24, 2015, 11:20:57 pm »

How do I go about making an underground sieging/trading civ? At the moment I'm just copying from Masterwork's, but I'd like to know which tags are the ones causing such a behaviour. (because regular animal men in vanilla behave much differently)

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: November 27, 2015, 10:59:39 am »

Entity Question.  I wanted to try making a metal-less world, where you need to use rock weapons and bone armor and such, but as far as I can tell, there's no way to make caravans or siegers bring rock weapons and bone armor.  I've heard that using "generic" materials would work, like leather armor instead of cow leather armor, but I would like for there to be differences in quality, obsidian swords sharper than chert swords, rockadile bones tougher than kelenken bones, etc.  Also related, would it be possible for a civ to have access to the bones of animals it can hunt rather than domesticate?  For example, let's say rockadiles only live in rocky wasteland.  Would a civ that has sites in rocky wastelands be able to harvest rockadile bones and hide without domesticating rockadiles? 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: November 27, 2015, 03:47:05 pm »

As far as I know, it is impossible to make entities use bone or rock equipment, other than using a pseudo-material that is treated as a different material altogether; for example, a "bone" metal. Though that would cause weirdness with smelters and forges.

I am pretty sure that they will use the materials of creatures they can hunt, however. Caravans seem to bring the materials of creatures that aren't domesticated. Not something I have tested before though.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: November 28, 2015, 11:32:02 am »

I'm an absolute neophyte to df modding, and I wanted to try my hand at a creature/entity. The entity half is very-much-so human derived, as you can see, the main difference being ethics, values, a lack of sieges, and biome-start.

However, I'm having an issue finding individuals of the species in their own groups and civilizations. Tragu civs are present, I just can't find any non-human leaders. I have a fairly vague idea as to why, but I found that I'd be better off turning to the experienced.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Probably Not Important (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Important Part (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 12:23:34 pm by Laptisen »

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: November 28, 2015, 01:47:30 pm »

First thing to know is if you have exported one of these world's data and looked at the "sites and pops" file to make sure the TRAGU have a population in the world.
If they exist and are the main population of their sites (which can be seen in that file) that is multiple potential causes out of the way.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: November 28, 2015, 02:00:40 pm »

First thing to know is if you have exported one of these world's data and looked at the "sites and pops" file to make sure the TRAGU have a population in the world.
If they exist and are the main population of their sites (which can be seen in that file) that is multiple potential causes out of the way.

Thanks for that: please note that I toy very little with legends, so forgive me for not knowing such a basic thing.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: November 28, 2015, 02:40:07 pm »

From here it could be that you haven't found the easiest way to find civilization rulers. The "World History" text file you search for the plural of your creature name for TRAGU and you search those names in Legends.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: November 28, 2015, 04:12:31 pm »

From here it could be that you haven't found the easiest way to find civilization rulers. The "World History" text file you search for the plural of your creature name for TRAGU and you search those names in Legends.

There are Tragi, but it appears as though they're by far the smallest population of the civ-builders. Thanks very much for the help, I'll see how I can fix that.

EDIT: Fixd
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 05:12:11 pm by Laptisen »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: November 28, 2015, 08:02:40 pm »

Is there any guide or anything on creature descriptors/appearance modifiers?

I just can't seem to get my head around how they work.
Yeah, I've only got trial and error understanding of things like changing the beard styles on my adventurers, that's why I haven't fixed the color errors and appearance errors in my .dfVic/errorlog.txt, which reminds me that Wendigo still need a horn material or something for the antlers? I couldn't see what was wrong myself.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: November 28, 2015, 09:15:54 pm »

Yet another question, what's the easiest way to modify tissue for fingers? I know 'digits' are available, but will that result in an error if my creature has no toes? Am I restricted to a BODY_DETAIL_PLAN template featuring just fingers?

EDIT: Fixd
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 11:31:10 pm by Laptisen »

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #1452 on: November 29, 2015, 02:55:47 pm »

After several attempts to raise my mini-hydras in test forts, I have never gotten a single clutch of fertile eggs from them.  I don't have any trouble hatching cave crocodiles, nor my mini-dragons.  Can anyone tell me what I'm missing that stops these things from reproducing when tamed?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: November 29, 2015, 03:36:05 pm »

It's hard to parse because the order is all mixed up. I don't know what creature_class:male/female is supposed to do, the [MALE] and [FEMALE] under caste define mating behavior I thought. Same with the block of creature_class tags at the top, general_poison is needed for poisoning/being sensed by vampires, and the lays eggs tag under the castes should cover that fine.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: November 29, 2015, 11:38:54 pm »

Are the females consistently on their nestbox while they have eggs? Did you set the eggs not to be collected for stockpiles?

Are the males capable of coming into close contact with females? Are you certain that the creatures are not afraid of commitment or are heterosexual? Animals that are unwilling to marry will not have children.

I'm not sure if the creature being able to learn would have any effects on this.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 363