Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 362

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 635166 times)

Achanei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1530 on: February 12, 2016, 02:50:43 pm »

Greetings, you grandmasters of the raws - i'm not quite 100% that this is the right thread, but I need some raw-fu advice for my !!science!! project. Specifically, as the wiki is far from up to date on that front, how I can find out the (average?) size of all those new, potentially weaponizable animal people. For some, the wiki provides what I need to know: Panda Man, for example, the "adult size" of 100 000 is what I want to know. however, there are plenty of animal creatures like Polar bear men, elephant men and so on that aren't in the wiki yet, and I do not know how to find the size value of those. If anyone can give me a quick how-to, that'd be great.

Bonus dwarfbucks for an explanation about how the animal people actually work in the raws, from looking at those in the wiki it seems to be a combination of a parent creature and the [APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:ANIMAL_PERSON] that does magic things.
I am trying to find out how some animal people inherit useful/nasty additional traits from their parent creature, and others don't. For example, brown recluse spider men have six arms, while bark scorpion men apparently don't, even though both parent creatures have the BODY:SPIDER tag.

Also, if anyone can tell me whether two (residing/citizen) animalpeople of opposing gender will breed, that'd be extremely useful to know, too.

sv-esk

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry for my bad english
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: February 12, 2016, 05:41:58 pm »

CV  tags modify raws. And game stores modified raws in memory. You look at creature raws ingame(by gui/gm-editor df.global.world.raws). You will not see any CV tags.
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:ANIMAL_PERSON] will be replaced with all CV tags from ANIMAL_PERSON variation described in c_variation_default.txt
CV_NEW_TAG adds token on its position .
CV_REMOVE_TAG deletes all matching tags before itself.
CV_CONVERT_TAG converts all matching tags before itself.
Creature variation tags are applied in reverse order - from bottom to top. And doesn't require an exact match.
[CV_REMOVE_TAG:BODY_DETAIL_PLAN] will remove any token that begins with BODY_DETAIL_PLAN
[CV_REMOVE_TAG:BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]  will remove any token that begins with BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS

[CV_NEW_TAG:GRAVITATE_BODY_SIZE:70000]- this token adds [GRAVITATE_BODY_SIZE:70000] token.
This token changes the adult body size to the average of the old adult body size and the target value and scales all intermediate growth stages by the same factor.
Polar bear man will be (400000+70000)/2 = 235000
Fly man will be (1+70000)/2 = 35000 or 35001 not sure about rounding rules
Code: [Select]
[CV_CONVERT_TAG]
[CVCT_MASTER:BODY]
[CVCT_TARGET:SPIDER]
[CVCT_REPLACEMENT:HUMANOID_6ARMS:3FINGERS]
If base creature has SPIDER inside BODY tag - SPIDER will be replaced with HUMANOID_6ARMS:3FINGERS
Bark scorpion men and brown recluse spider men both have 6 arms and 3 fingers on each arm.
Bark scorpion men have also TAIL, TAIL_STINGER, UPPERBODY_PINCERS because bark scorpion has those and no CV tags changed this
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 06:33:26 pm by sv-esk »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: February 12, 2016, 05:44:13 pm »

Intelligent creatures will only breed together if they are of the same species, and are married.

Achanei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: February 12, 2016, 06:20:17 pm »

[CV_NEW_TAG:GRAVITATE_BODY_SIZE:70000]- this token adds [GRAVITATE_BODY_SIZE:70000] token.
This token changes the adult body size to the average of the old adult body size and the target value and scales all intermediate growth stages by the same factor.
Polar bear man will be (400000+70000)/2 = 235000
Fly man will be (1+70000)/2 = 35001

This is precisely the information I was looking for. Thanks a lot!

[CV_CONVERT_TAG]
[CVCT_MASTER:BODY]
[CVCT_TARGET:SPIDER]
[CVCT_REPLACEMENT:HUMANOID_6ARMS:3FINGERS]
If base creature has SPIDER inside BODY tag - SPIDER will be replaced with HUMANOID_6ARMS:3FINGERS
Bark scorpion men and brown recluse spider men both have 6 arms and 3 fingers on each arm.
Bark scorpion men have also TAIL, TAIL_STINGER, UPPERBODY_PINCERS because bark scorpion has those and no CV tags changed this

Strange, I did some wrestling matches in arena mode, and unlike for the brown recluse spider man, there was never any mention of "second left arm" or somesuch. Maybe I made a mistake, will repeat theses tests.

melmarkian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: February 13, 2016, 01:29:49 pm »

When I set a tissue to [TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:IRON] does it still heal when it gets injured? My ironskin stays smashed open or dented forever it seems.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: February 13, 2016, 11:16:15 pm »

As long as the tissue has some sort of [HEALING_RATE:XX], it will heal. Otherwise, the damage is permanent.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: February 14, 2016, 11:33:52 pm »

Somebody, please tell me where to find and calculate how big the 'gigantic' tag and 'with incredible muscles' in my character's description make my character. I'm quite confused at this point.
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: February 14, 2016, 11:42:27 pm »

I don't know where exactly you would find the internal unit arguments, but size descriptors are usually based on the unit's height and broadness. Being gigantic would mean that you would be somewhere near the top-end of both scales. In the Dwarf raws, they look like this:

[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:75:95:98:100:102:105:125]
[APP_MOD_IMPORTANCE:500]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:75:95:98:100:102:105:125]

The base dwarf is size 60,000. If both modifiers are cumulative, then a maxed dwarf would be 50% larger than this.

The 'incredible muscles' descriptor tell you how strong you are, but I don't know of the mathematical effects this has on creature size.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: February 14, 2016, 11:48:29 pm »

56.25% bigger, actually.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: February 15, 2016, 12:01:10 am »

56.25% bigger, actually.

Yikes, going by that my Dingoth already is 80000. :o Explains why I carry a backpack of a giant dingo and dwarven clothes not fitting on me beast.

I don't know where exactly you would find the internal unit arguments, but size descriptors are usually based on the unit's height and broadness. Being gigantic would mean that you would be somewhere near the top-end of both scales. In the Dwarf raws, they look like this:

[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:75:95:98:100:102:105:125]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:75:95:98:100:102:105:125]

The base dwarf is size 60,000. If both modifiers are cumulative, then a maxed dwarf would be 50% larger than this.

The 'incredible muscles' descriptor tell you how strong you are, but I don't know of the mathematical effects this has on creature size.

Woah.. and going by that it's 90000. :o

EDIT: Wait, that was for dwarves. Ugh.

EDIT2: Well, turns out that the APP_MOD_IMPORTANCE is absent from my customized dingo race.. all of the beast races lack it and that means my character is STILL 45000... oih
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 12:19:01 am by Droggarth »

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: February 15, 2016, 12:18:52 am »

Somebody, please tell me where to find and calculate how big the 'gigantic' tag and 'with incredible muscles' in my character's description make my character. I'm quite confused at this point.

Is your creature affected by HEIGHT and LENGTH modifiers at the same time? If it is, the description is bugged to super duper overkill levels.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: February 15, 2016, 12:25:12 am »

Is your creature affected by HEIGHT and LENGTH modifiers at the same time? If it is, the description is bugged to super duper overkill levels.

Just edited my post to tell that none of the playable beast races even have that! The description is there but the function not and I learned that the incredible muscles is tied to Strength of the individual a day or two ago. Well time to fix this.. it'll be easier to attach that modifier somehow to to ANIMAL_PERSON thing so the bloody thing works for all.

EDIT: Wait - A - Minute.. hold on:
[CREATURE:DINGO]

[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:90:95:98:100:102:105:[b]110[/b]]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:90:95:98:100:102:105:[b]110[/b]]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:90:95:98:100:102:105:[b]110[/b]]

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

All these confusing numbers. Look, I do apologize for my lack of skill in math. I can do it (used to get great grades too but it was very taxing for me, school ruined it for me and damaged me due to my then unknown mental disorder that's basically about anxiety and extreme rage and not able to cope with reality) but first I gotta heal myself and get out of this bloody "come on quickly give us the answer/number to the solution or you lose" bullcrap mentality.

Alright so all the three 110 max sizes (height, length, broadness) combined is 330 now I need to to know how it applies correctly to 45000. I know from the calculators that its 130000-139999. Ugh, math.

..screw it. I just added [APP_MOD_IMPORTANCE:500] to the three BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIERs and called it a day. I seem to posses a longer gait now.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 05:45:22 am by Droggarth »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: February 15, 2016, 05:46:14 am »

Is it possible to have a creature that is unique on its kind ?
I mean there can be only 1 of them in your world .

With FREQUENCY, POPULATION_NUMBER and CLUSTER_NUMBER i know you can make the creature appearing rarely and only 1 in the same map as you currently are, and making the creature with only 1 possible sex/caste will prevent multiplying but still in the whole world that can be hundred of them , something i don't want (assuming worldgen does not kill them with some random thing).

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: February 15, 2016, 12:08:40 pm »

Is it possible to have a creature that is unique on its kind ?
I mean there can be only 1 of them in your world .

With FREQUENCY, POPULATION_NUMBER and CLUSTER_NUMBER i know you can make the creature appearing rarely and only 1 in the same map as you currently are, and making the creature with only 1 possible sex/caste will prevent multiplying but still in the whole world that can be hundred of them , something i don't want (assuming worldgen does not kill them with some random thing).

I'm interested to know that too as I sort of wanna create a playable Dingoth deity sometime.

Also I finally solved my issue: did this 45000 x 168% = 75600 and then added this [CHANGE_BODY_SIZE_PERC:168] right under [SELECT_CASTE:ALL] where the data for [CREATURE:DINGO_MAN] is. I have my race's big body size that I wanted 75,600 and I'm still able to wear human gear as long as it stay's below 80,000 it seems.

Took me an entire bloody day but.. worth it.

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
  • make due with what you have
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: February 15, 2016, 10:19:43 pm »

i believe its 3 separate 110% if each category hit 110 on the size values.  so... 60k *1.1 *1.1 *1.1

also "just" broadness translates to fatness (As of 0.40.xx)... "unbelievably fat but extraordinarily agile" dwarf was achieved.

new question... what can i do to elves to nerf them >.> unless they were nerfed in 0.42.06 because their population is horrifying in even vanilla world legends info, between 40% to 60% of civilization world population.  dwarves twice out of 7 times were less than kobolds... once out of 11 they were less than my struggling custom civ's max recorded (post history) pop of 2.7k
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 362