Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 365

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 645896 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1560 on: February 16, 2016, 10:20:06 pm »

Makes sense. Why's ASSERTIVE culled? That might help if you don't do that.

SwedishLemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: February 16, 2016, 10:52:23 pm »

Didn't work. Their names are still Aslez and Uzo, and the similar counterparts when I change their language to elven, dwarven, and human.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: February 16, 2016, 11:13:02 pm »

What the hell is your [SELECT_SYMBOL:NATURE:NAME_WAR] supposed to do? It reads like two ideas that merged together by accident.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 11:14:43 pm by scamtank »

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: February 17, 2016, 05:08:16 am »

Good grief, my adventurer ended up being left-handed. I need to switch the main hand to right hand.
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: February 17, 2016, 09:38:39 am »

Good grief, my adventurer ended up being left-handed. I need to switch the main hand to right hand.

That's not something you can do in the raws.

DFHack, maybe.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: February 17, 2016, 09:47:33 am »

DFHack, maybe.
You could try swapping the LEFT and RIGHT tags in the HUMANOID_NECK template (without changing the bodypart tokens).  That might make the game refer to your character as using his/her right hand.

If this works, it will make the vast majority of that world lefthanded.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: February 17, 2016, 10:11:00 am »

DFHack, maybe.
You could try swapping the LEFT and RIGHT tags in the HUMANOID_NECK template (without changing the bodypart tokens).  That might make the game refer to your character as using his/her right hand.

Crap, inability to customize whether your character is left or right handed or what description he/she has is tiresome. I just wanna enjoy the game already not waste 10+ hours trying to fix/mod shit. *falls on the floor, frustrated and exhausted*

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: February 17, 2016, 10:47:36 am »

DFHack, maybe.

Crap, inability to customize whether your character is left or right handed or what description he/she has is tiresome. I just wanna enjoy the game already not waste 10+ hours trying to fix/mod shit. *falls on the floor, frustrated and exhausted*
What is wrong about being lefthanded?  Are you dead set on re-enacting a scene from The Princess Bride?
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: February 17, 2016, 11:27:55 am »

DFHack, maybe.

What is wrong about being lefthanded?  Are you dead set on re-enacting a scene from The Princess Bride?

No, I'm just adamant about having my character use right hand to use scimitar and left hand for a shield. My brain gets confused to the point of frustration if I have to imagine the battle with the left hand as the main hand with my character and on a side note I don't know anything about that movie let alone what scene is in question.

So I used my calm passive-aggressive limbo state to make my character from scratch AGAIN.. *sigh* who's personality isn't as forgiving this time around to some things thanks to my frustration and luckily she ended up being a right-hand user. Whew. Sorry I'm just exhausted and haven't gotten much sleep.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: February 17, 2016, 11:37:16 am »

Handedness is chosen at random, regardless of whether they have two hand or twenty.

Besides, there are more than a few different characters that are left-handed. Like Link, or, uh... Ned Flanders?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: February 17, 2016, 11:40:23 am »

Handedness is chosen at random, regardless of whether they have two hand or twenty.

Besides, there are more than a few different characters that are left-handed. Like Link, or, uh... Ned Flanders?
Hellboy.  Inigo Montoya (sometimes).  A ridiculous number of professional baseball pitchers.
Just got back, updating:

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: February 17, 2016, 06:01:57 pm »

Handedness can be adjusted in DFHack quite easily with you.body.weapon_bp. weapon_bp refers to a body part index. For humanoids, that would be 10 for right hand and 11 for left hand IIRC (at the very least, right hand == left hand-1)

SwedishLemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: February 17, 2016, 07:24:43 pm »

What the hell is your [SELECT_SYMBOL:NATURE:NAME_WAR] supposed to do? It reads like two ideas that merged together by accident.
So that they name their wars after nature.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: February 17, 2016, 07:32:47 pm »

With the way it is arranged, they would name nature after wars, if NATURE was an allowable SYMBOL tag. The allowable symbols are, according to the wiki, as follows:
ALL, REMAINING, BATTLE, BRIDGE, CIV, LIBRARY, MILITARY_UNIT, RELIGION, ROAD, SIEGE, SITE, TEMPLE, TUNNEL, VESSEL, WALL, WAR

Replace NATURE with WAR, and replace NAME_WAR with NATURE. Like this:
Code: [Select]
[SELECT_SYMBOL:WAR:NATURE]
Now wars will be named after animals, plants, and any other word listed under the NATURE symbol in the file language_SYM.txt

SwedishLemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: February 17, 2016, 07:59:48 pm »

With the way it is arranged, they would name nature after wars, if NATURE was an allowable SYMBOL tag. The allowable symbols are, according to the wiki, as follows:
ALL, REMAINING, BATTLE, BRIDGE, CIV, LIBRARY, MILITARY_UNIT, RELIGION, ROAD, SIEGE, SITE, TEMPLE, TUNNEL, VESSEL, WALL, WAR

Replace NATURE with WAR, and replace NAME_WAR with NATURE. Like this:
Code: [Select]
[SELECT_SYMBOL:WAR:NATURE]
Now wars will be named after animals, plants, and any other word listed under the NATURE symbol in the file language_SYM.txt
THANK YOU! My lycans have normal names now! Does SELECT_SYMBOL:BATTLE need to be adjusted as well?
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 365