Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 365

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 646528 times)

Showbiz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1830 on: June 10, 2016, 12:39:05 am »

I've never tried to deal with modding so please be patient with me (and my way of writing).

I don't want to suffer from hunger and thirst in adventure mode, but without altering neither the worldgeneration nor the Fortress Mode. So my question is, how do you exactly create (respectively copy) a race, remove the the hunger and thirst. The copied race should be keept out of world generation, since only the player should generate it by creating a character in adventure mode. Is that even possible?
Pardon for my mistakes
english isn't my native language

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: June 10, 2016, 12:46:29 am »

Yes it is. An Adventurer only race may be created, and can be set up so that the only time they exist is when they are created in Adventure Mode.

What you will need to do, if you are simply creating a copy of a pre-existing creature, is change the creature's ID, add in the tokens [NO_EAT] and [NO_DRINK] pretty much anywhere in the raw definitions, and if they are not playable as an outsider normally, then add [OUTSIDER_CONTROLLABLE].

To change the ID, change the token [CREATURE:X] into anything that is not currently used.

The standard creatures such as Humans, Elves, Dwarves, and Goblins are found in creature_standard.txt

Another alternative is to create an Adventurer-only reaction that creates a substance that will give your Adventurer a syndrome that will remove hunger and thirst.

Showbiz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: June 10, 2016, 01:15:45 am »

Thank you, BlackFlyme. Let's see if I can make it work. ^^
Pardon for my mistakes

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: June 10, 2016, 04:46:10 am »

Another way that may or may not be "easier" is to make a new material that boils away at normal temp (or is used for a fake plant or something you can eat) and has a inhaled/ingested syndrome to add [NO_EAT] and [NO_DRINK]. Then throw together a quick adventurer reaction to let you poof a boulder/fake plant of that material into existence and get to not needing food or drink.

No creature duplicating required, and it can be used on anything you can adventure as.

The wiki pages on Interaction and Syndrome tokens should help you figure out how to put all that together, with helpful boiling rock info at the bottom of the Syndrome page.

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #1834 on: June 10, 2016, 02:11:11 pm »

Dumb question: Is there any way to make an interaction that directly inflicts a syndrome without having to spew materials everywhere and slow down the game?
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: June 10, 2016, 03:33:36 pm »

Dumb question: Is there any way to make an interaction that directly inflicts a syndrome without having to spew materials everywhere and slow down the game?
Yes. Replace MATERIAL_EMISSION with ADD_SYNDROME. Look at the wiki or the "interaction examples" folder for more info.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: June 10, 2016, 04:35:10 pm »

No dumb questions. Only silly ideas.

Here's an example Curse from default mummies.

Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:EXAMPLE CURSE]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[IT_CANNOT_TARGET_IF_ALREADY_AFFECTED]
[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:victim]
[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[IE_ARENA_NAME:Cursed]
[SYNDROME]
[CE_SKILL_ROLL_ADJUST:PERC:0:PERC_ON:20:START:0]

Then you just need to add the ability to use the interaction to the creature.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: June 11, 2016, 05:15:44 am »

I need a little help with making one of my drolth swords multi-grasp for my new beast: Drudagul, it's an intelligent size 5100000 behemoth with fel-orcish look to it.

I have made my ischronite metal just so that it combines adamantine and platinum but the issue is that one of the drolth-swords needs to be a multi-grasp thing.

EDIT: Well... this is awkward. Once again I find the solution. You see.. thing was that my creature isn't really size 5,100,000 thanks to BROADNESS 123, HEIGHT 103 and LENGTH 101. So once again I delved into the realms of Tzeentch to seek answers and knowledge and so I did this: 5100000 x 1.27 = 6477000

And thus I did this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And it worked. Now I just need to test it in the arena in actual combat as the issue was I couldn't get the damn thing to be multigrasp.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 06:01:40 am by Droggarth »
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

Showbiz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: June 11, 2016, 03:18:55 pm »

Yes it is. An Adventurer only race may be created, and can be set up so that the only time they exist is when they are created in Adventure Mode.

What you will need to do, if you are simply creating a copy of a pre-existing creature, is change the creature's ID, add in the tokens [NO_EAT] and [NO_DRINK] pretty much anywhere in the raw definitions, and if they are not playable as an outsider normally, then add [OUTSIDER_CONTROLLABLE].

To change the ID, change the token [CREATURE:X] into anything that is not currently used.

The standard creatures such as Humans, Elves, Dwarves, and Goblins are found in creature_standard.txt

Another alternative is to create an Adventurer-only reaction that creates a substance that will give your Adventurer a syndrome that will remove hunger and thirst.

Okay, I tried and failed.

I copied all the human code, insert it the bottom and changed the name but it didn't appear in the game.

Redcolored what I changed:
Pardon for my mistakes

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: June 11, 2016, 03:25:05 pm »

For the creature to appear, you need to generate a new world based on those raws.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Showbiz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: June 11, 2016, 03:33:23 pm »

For the creature to appear, you need to generate a new world based on those raws.
That was it. Thank you!
Pardon for my mistakes

Showbiz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: June 12, 2016, 04:10:51 am »

Okay, next Problem:

A couple of skills disappeard for all races, like Armor and Shield Skill.
How did I break this?
Pardon for my mistakes

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: June 12, 2016, 05:26:07 am »

Okay, next Problem:

A couple of skills disappeard for all races, like Armor and Shield Skill.
How did I break this?

I'm guessing you added a bunch of NATURAL_SKILL stuff. Did that too.. doesn't work for an adventurer. Would honestly prefer that wasn't the case as it's really fucking irritating to waste time on trying to get necessary skills up like armor and shield as an outsider, especially now that even SKILL_LEARN_RATES:500 doesn't work and you could spends dozens of minutes just getting a single skill like leadership or sword up to legendary with 1000000000000+ I dunno something items in your inventory and then wasting more time dropping that crap with a macro. DFtool solves that for me sort of but I'm waiting for DFhack as that's something that truly can give me ALL of the skills without wasting time and without making me lose my motivation to play the game.

Honestly there have been too many cases of me leveling something up or modding something and failing and then burning out and thus when I finally get to actually play the game.. I'm too burned out and tired to even play and when I finally get back to DF after a break.. some update happens and I go "FUUUCK!!!".

Honestly once the DFhack catches up for 0.43.03+ I'm done getting bothered by updates as I'm borderline sick of having to deal with early-access kind of farce with everything and I wanna PLAY THE FUCKING GAME ALREADY THE WAY I WANNA PLAY IT GODFUCKINGDAMNIT!!!
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #1843 on: June 12, 2016, 01:29:50 pm »

Okay, I asked in a topic and maybe in here before for stuff regarding a creature meant to control ice. Well, I'm kinda out of ideas, as it's a caste of a multi-caste race that is isn't made strictly of creatures that are cold-immune, meaning I can't just make a breath attack that spews ultracold material and expect it to end well. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do with this creature?
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: June 12, 2016, 03:44:08 pm »

You can give them an interaction that launches the material as a liquid glob which will spatter on the target at range. If the materials boiling point is below its fixed temperature, it should then promptly explode into a gaseous form. If that material has a syndrome attached or is cold enough on its own it should take effect then and there. That will help keep friendlies out of harms way, mostly.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 365