Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 362

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 635145 times)

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1875 on: June 24, 2016, 09:22:09 am »

How to add steel starting gear for human in adventure mode?
I don't think you can alter the starting gear willingly. You can make it so humans are CAPABLE of making steel (which in vanilla they aren't, steel is a dwarf-only thing).
In entity_default, paste this under the human civ (PLAINS):
   [PERMITTED_REACTION:PIG_IRON_MAKING]
   [PERMITTED_REACTION:STEEL_MAKING]
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1876 on: June 30, 2016, 04:46:27 pm »

I have been looking at the symbol options (select, subselect, and cull) for Entities and while the noun seems easy enough (the wiki page has a list under SELECT_SYMBOL from what I can tell, if it isn't a full list I would appreciate being told that as well) the symbol part itself doesn't seem to have a list of what is valid anywhere I can find. I have tried searching a bit here and on the wiki but haven't had any luck.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: June 30, 2016, 04:59:28 pm »

I have been looking at the symbol options (select, subselect, and cull) for Entities and while the noun seems easy enough (the wiki page has a list under SELECT_SYMBOL from what I can tell, if it isn't a full list I would appreciate being told that as well) the symbol part itself doesn't seem to have a list of what is valid anywhere I can find. I have tried searching a bit here and on the wiki but haven't had any luck.
My guess is that it's the symbols listed in language_SYM.txt.  What I'm curious about is whether the list of potential symbols is hardcoded, or if a total conversion mod could have arbitrary symbols in it.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: June 30, 2016, 05:01:50 pm »

Arbitrary symbols can definitely be added.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1879 on: July 01, 2016, 08:20:08 am »

Thank you Dirst for pointing me to that you have made what I am doing easier. Also thank you Putnam you have made my job harder but saved me from future pitfalls.

Oh and Dirst having looked at the file it is actually easy to add new symbols. The format using a pre-existing example is
Code: [Select]
[SYMBOL:ARTIFICE]
[S_WORD:ABBEY]
and then the dwarves who have [T_WORD:ABBEY:kulet] in their language file will associate the word abbey to artifice and yes a word can be associated with multiple symbols as abbey is also in THOUGHT, NAME_BUILDING_TEMPLE, and HOLY. It actually looks like it would be harder to add a new word in as if you wanted it to be recognized by everyone you would have to add it to all the language files and then add it to all the relevant symbols that and the word file itself.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 08:24:27 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1880 on: July 01, 2016, 02:11:35 pm »

Okay, new question (or two). Currently looking into spheres. The wiki entries says if you have a sphere such as water then the species can't have fire. The game doesn't break if you put both. Does it just not accept any opposing spheres to any you have first or if your dealing with a pantheon could one god have fire then another have water? Also with SPHERE_ALIGNMENT it has a number. How does the number effect the game as it doesn't have a max or min listed. When I was dealing with ART_FACET_MODIFIER and the other similar ones to it the scale was 0 to 26500 with 256 as neutral and the effect was multiplicative.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: July 01, 2016, 08:06:30 pm »

Thank you Dirst for pointing me to that you have made what I am doing easier. Also thank you Putnam you have made my job harder but saved me from future pitfalls.

Oh and Dirst having looked at the file it is actually easy to add new symbols. The format using a pre-existing example is
[SYMBOL:ARTIFICE]
[S_WORD:ABBEY]
and then the dwarves who have [T_WORD:ABBEY:kulet] in their language file will associate the word abbey to artifice and yes a word can be associated with multiple symbols as abbey is also in THOUGHT, NAME_BUILDING_TEMPLE, and HOLY. It actually looks like it would be harder to add a new word in as if you wanted it to be recognized by everyone you would have to add it to all the language files and then add it to all the relevant symbols that and the word file itself.

I think you're overcomplicating this.

SYMBOLS are for connecting the words in language_words to certain concepts.

language_dwarf and others are translations--a translated string for each word. These have nothing to do with symbols. An entity with a translation that is missing ABBEY will still use ABBEY, but it will render as " ".

Okay, new question (or two). Currently looking into spheres. The wiki entries says if you have a sphere such as water then the species can't have fire. The game doesn't break if you put both. Does it just not accept any opposing spheres to any you have first or if your dealing with a pantheon could one god have fire then another have water? Also with SPHERE_ALIGNMENT it has a number. How does the number effect the game as it doesn't have a max or min listed. When I was dealing with ART_FACET_MODIFIER and the other similar ones to it the scale was 0 to 26500 with 256 as neutral and the effect was multiplicative.

Creature SPHEREs are unrelated to pantheon SPHERE_ALIGNMENTs.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1882 on: July 02, 2016, 06:35:05 am »

And that is why I posted it here as I know that in anything like this the more sure you are of something the more likely it is to be wrong. All that is left is what the dang number means.

Edit: Knowing at least the range would be perfectly fine.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 07:29:23 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #1883 on: July 02, 2016, 10:01:00 am »

Do small or internal body parts, like lungs or ears, count in calculating the relative size of body parts?

Is there a way to add body parts to an existing creature (as in a single creature, not the whole species) without transforming them entirely?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 05:05:00 pm by leafbarrett »
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: July 03, 2016, 01:21:09 am »

1. yes

2. no, and for future reference what you use "species" for is usually called "creature" and what you use "creature" for is usually called "unit"

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: July 03, 2016, 04:59:10 pm »

I'd like to make a race that is mostly clean-shaven, but with a small minority that has long hair. Is this doable?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: July 03, 2016, 05:22:04 pm »

Entities can have [TS_MAINTAIN_LENGTH:Min_Value:Max_Value] to determine the average acceptable length for styled tissues. Dwarves have this to ensure most males will have beards, though there are still outliers who go clean-shaven.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: July 03, 2016, 05:33:16 pm »

Thanks, BlackFlyme. That's what I needed.

I don't think you can alter the starting gear willingly. You can make it so humans are CAPABLE of making steel (which in vanilla they aren't, steel is a dwarf-only thing).
In entity_default, paste this under the human civ (PLAINS):
   [PERMITTED_REACTION:PIG_IRON_MAKING]
   [PERMITTED_REACTION:STEEL_MAKING]

Also, I'm using this. Thanks Leafbarrett.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: July 04, 2016, 04:55:47 pm »

Hi i have a question about creature variation.

For a bit of background im trying to edit in a creature variational shortcut for inferring intelligence without having to rip out the creature raw and make a new one, instead putting it into practically identical castes with the variational changes in force.

Spoiler: My Project (click to show/hide)

Defining which variational tag traits i want to remove and enter at once isnt a problem, but im having a little bit of trouble thinking of a way to fix the odds of a caste being born, unless im reading it wrong. The little guidance part of C-variational about 5|6 and ARG! is a bit more difficult when trying to put them into practical means if you don't really touch the subject as per routine raw modding a lot.

I plan to use [USE_CASTE] in order to get my castes all uniform with the base male/female, though i don't have a clear plan of how to shove all these castes in and execute them without some overlap, its just a concern on the side right now while i figure out the core root of how to get them all shoved in in the first place.

A start of what im working on right now, it'll need more refinement but that's just 1 iteration and a shortcut if you don't really care about modifying the base creature. The intelligent variant is a bit more fleshed out and has room for additional variables like personality.

[CREATURE_VARIATION:SEMI_INTELLIGENT_BEAST]
        [CV_REMOVE_TAG:PET]
        [CV_REMOVE_TAG:PET_EXOTIC]
        [CV_REMOVE_TAG:MOUNT]
        [CV_REMOVE_TAG:MOUNT_EXOTIC]
        [CV_ADD_TAG:UTTERANCES]
        [CV_ADD_TAG:SLOW_LEARNER]
        [CV_ADD_TAG:CAN_OPEN_DOORS]
        [CV_ADD_TAG:LOCAL_POPS_CONTROLLABLE]
        [CV_CONVERT_TAG]
           [CVCT_MASTER:INTELLIGENT]
       [CVCT_REPLACEMENT:SEMI_INTELLIGENT]
        [CV_CONVERT_TAG]
           [CVCT_MASTER:CAN_SPEAK]
       [CVCT_REPLACEMENT:UTTERANCES]

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: July 05, 2016, 05:20:50 am »

Cool project. Don't really know enough to help out with your question, but I don't believe SEMI_INTELLIGENT is a proper creature tag. I couldn't find it on the wiki at the very least.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 362