Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 364

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 644704 times)

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1965 on: July 26, 2016, 05:53:34 am »

Using [RELSIZE] (to which the DF article token reference on how to apply can be found HERE and in examples in practice on animal men-vermin) you can automatically resize all body parts and specific body parts to the size of the creature without having to input the specific size differences on each.

This also applies to gravitating the overall size of a creature if you wanted to super-size what you had already.

Code: ( Taken from animal men creature variational settings) [Select]
[CV_NEW_TAG:SELECT_CASTE:ALL]
[CV_NEW_TAG:GRAVITATE_BODY_SIZE:70000]

Code: ( Taken from GIANT variants) [Select]
[CV_NEW_TAG:SELECT_CASTE:ALL]
[CV_NEW_TAG:CHANGE_BODY_SIZE_PERC:200]

sirvente

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: July 26, 2016, 10:23:54 am »

I know that, I'm asking if there's any decent options for tallying up the relsize percentages against the total creature size so that it'd be easier to calculate things like how much you have to add to the creature size to keep their bits the same size after adding more parts to them.

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: July 27, 2016, 02:27:22 am »

Having trouble with b_detail_plan, which isn't much of a surprise because I have never fully understood how any of that works.

So, I've got tank creatures, and I'm trying to create gunners. I created a material and tissue called "Flesh", a bp called "Gunner", and it should attach correctly. So then I added the tissue and material to the appropriate templates, called it "MAN" and linked it to the right templates. Then I added ":MAN" right after cartilage, and made a new layer template like so-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here's the in-creature layery bit-

The SHIP_TISSUE_LAYERS plan does exist. Despite all of this...

"TANK:DEFAULT:pilot, layer 1: Tissue ARG6 was not found, using first tissue instead
TANK:DEFAULT:gatling gun: No tissue thickness
TANK:DEFAULT:gunner, layer 1: Tissue ARG6 was not found, using first tissue instead
TANK:DEFAULT:gunner, layer 1: Tissue ARG6 was not found, using first tissue instead"

Not sure if the gatling gun is related.
Anyways, it's late so I've probably overlooked something, but after the Swimmeroon incident I half expect it to be another unfixable mess that I have to just live with.
Er, atleast I think that's right.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: July 27, 2016, 03:15:44 am »

Nah, don't feel bad. The detail plans are just hard-capped to 5 tissues.

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: July 27, 2016, 11:41:15 am »

Nah, don't feel bad. The detail plans are just hard-capped to 5 tissues.

Is there any way to fix that? Like give them a second layer plan or something?
Er, atleast I think that's right.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: July 29, 2016, 02:12:43 pm »

I am thinking of making Tarrasque. you know that unkillable creature from DND? I was thinking I'd make it really tough, but not imposible to wound. when you wound it(causing it to bleed), it'll become totally invicible([CE_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:MAT_MULT:NONE:NONE:1:2000000000000]) and continually heal, but be sleeping([CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0:END:whatever amount of ticks a year is][CE:CREATURE:TARRASQUE:HEAL]
[CE:PERIODIC:MOON_PHASE:27:0]) for a year, after that year is up it'll awake to continue it's rampage! however, anyone fighting the tarrasque when it falls asleep will probably continue fighting it for a year. is there any way to get them to stop fighting? and through the power of dfhack, could I make it invincible to cave-collapsing, ice-freezing, and obsidian making, so you can't kill it during it's sleep?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1971 on: July 30, 2016, 09:43:42 am »

I gotta wonder - is it possible to add more names for creatures with certain types of skills? For example, if you start with knife user in adventure mode, the game classifies you as a "recruit" without any specific class name. If you added the same token dwarves use so they show up as [weapon name]dwarf but for knife user skill and call it "rogue" or something, would that actually show in-game?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: July 30, 2016, 12:07:37 pm »

I gotta wonder - is it possible to add more names for creatures with certain types of skills? For example, if you start with knife user in adventure mode, the game classifies you as a "recruit" without any specific class name. If you added the same token dwarves use so they show up as [weapon name]dwarf but for knife user skill and call it "rogue" or something, would that actually show in-game?
Professions seems to be hardcoded, though you can change the displayed profession names in the creature raw.  In the creatures I modded, I changed the "wrestler" names to "marauder" to keep them from sounding too civilized as they slowly picked up combat skills.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: July 30, 2016, 01:57:28 pm »

Are sentient creatures still unbutcherable?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: July 30, 2016, 02:01:03 pm »

Yes, but i've heard reports that it only applies to neutral and local & allied sentients (merchants visitors, site map wanderers etc).

Invaders are still on the menu but i can't confirm that firsthand (given invasions are rarer with world movement, i have yet to establish a goblin fort and force/experience one). There's not very much that can be done about corpses besides modding in interactions that remove the intelligence tags from the creature/corpses before butchering to be given to your player race.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: July 30, 2016, 09:05:23 pm »

Does the tag to make an underground civ attack via the caverns work yet?
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: July 31, 2016, 04:26:41 pm »

I'm working on making a custom race based on the tenno of Warframe, but I'm running into a weird issue.  I replaced all the tissues with metallic equivalents, and everything seems to work okay (I can use the creatures in the Arena, and everything seems to work), but I'm getting massive errorlogs.

Spoiler: Creature code (click to show/hide)

That errorlog repeats for seemingly every body part of every caste of the creature.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: July 31, 2016, 04:34:28 pm »

It's been a while and Doom 1's Pinky Demon has been on my mind ever since I first created my Ischrotaur (My own custom take on Minotaur/Hell Knight).
Here are the important raw data that I'm curious about as it involves relsize and how small/big is everything else now? Is my custom take on pinky demon:

Obviously the head and torso needs to be big but how much smaller is everything else now really? Would help if there was a visualization program for this or somthing of a sort as I'm not that good with math. Wish relsize had an alternative of actual size of the body parts or is there some sort of a workaround so the arms, legs and everything else remains the same size?

Also, since I'm not fan of having fat on my super creatures, does this even work?: [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:NONE:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]

EDIT: Uhm.. err.. Gizogin. I'm pretty sure all the new tissues should be in a file like tissue_template_(custom name).txt ..something like this:

Unless the new updates have allowed this sort of thing as I'm still using 0.43.03.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 04:44:13 pm by Droggarth »
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: July 31, 2016, 05:38:54 pm »

My understanding was that using a separate tissue template file only streamlined the process of defining tissues, and you don't really need to do it unless you want to use the same tissue for multiple creatures.  Maybe it has changed for the current version, but I seem to remember being able to define custom materials and tissues within a creature's definition.

EDIT: In response to part of your question:
Also, since I'm not fan of having fat on my super creatures, does this even work?: [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:NONE:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]
I doubt that would work; you'd almost certainly run into issues where DF tries to feed a tissue named "NONE" into the body plan.  Honestly, I think the best way to do this would be to copy the tissue plan for vertebrates and just remove ARG2 (which is fat).

Fat may not sound appealing, but it provides a critical cushion to impacts, protecting the more vulnerable muscle and bone.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 05:45:24 pm by Gizogin »
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: July 31, 2016, 06:00:39 pm »

I doubt that would work; you'd almost certainly run into issues where DF tries to feed a tissue named "NONE" into the body plan.  Honestly, I think the best way to do this would be to copy the tissue plan for vertebrates and just remove ARG2 (which is fat).

Fat may not sound appealing, but it provides a critical cushion to impacts, protecting the more vulnerable muscle and bone.

Hmm, then I've been doing it the right way so far which is just not have fat there, my creatures have insane amounts of toughness to pretty much all of the body parts attached so not having fat is not remotely an issue because they can't freeze or boil. I mean just look at this current state of my pinky-demon raw:

pretty much all of the OP stuff there are for a reason there to make the gameplay the way I wanna play it. If I wanna dodge alot, I dodge, if I wanna play an impervious stand-your-ground-and-charge turtle-on-steroids I can. Without the worry of death. Need more reason for "ruining my fun"? Check Adventure thread about "Gakit the Death of Menace, a cerulean noseless fox twisted into humanoid form." I swear I was just seconds away from breaking something in real life because:

« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 06:19:33 pm by Droggarth »
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 364