Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 362

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 635159 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2430 on: January 16, 2017, 03:56:07 pm »

Putnam was, as usual, correct but not necessarily clear. There used to be tags that handled those sorts of adventurers in the entity, which is why you needed a bare minimum entity if you wanted to use a one-off race to adventure with, they were replaced with creature level tokens.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: January 18, 2017, 03:03:40 pm »

So can someone explain to me what about my breath attacks cause creatures who have them to act as though made of feathers (attacks passing through them and their attacks having no force) Example:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mostali

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: January 18, 2017, 03:54:43 pm »

I changed the MAXAGE raw from 2:3 to 10:20 for a creature and it hasn't appeared to have an effect.  The captured creatures (alive before the change) died within two years.  So, my questions:  Will the children live longer?  Will newly captured creatures live longer?  Or is this a worldgen thing and won't make any difference?

Thanks in advance!

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: January 18, 2017, 04:01:05 pm »

I changed the MAXAGE raw from 2:3 to 10:20 for a creature and it hasn't appeared to have an effect.  The captured creatures (alive before the change) died within two years.  So, my questions:  Will the children live longer?  Will newly captured creatures live longer?  Or is this a worldgen thing and won't make any difference?

Thanks in advance!

You need to gen a new world every time you change the raws, iirc, or they won't have any effect.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Mostali

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: January 18, 2017, 04:17:24 pm »

Thanks in advance!

You need to gen a new world every time you change the raws, iirc, or they won't have any effect.

I modify creatures raws all the time.  Generally it only takes restarting.  This is just the first time I've tried to modify age, and MAXAGE might be different for some reason.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: January 18, 2017, 04:26:57 pm »

The point in time a creature dies from old age is set at the moment of their birth, so it is likely that is does not update for existing creatures when you change the raws. New births and newly generated creatures should live longer though.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: January 18, 2017, 04:51:31 pm »

The point in time a creature dies from old age is set at the moment of their birth, so it is likely that is does not update for existing creatures when you change the raws. New births and newly generated creatures should live longer though.

This is the correct answer.

So can someone explain to me what about my breath attacks cause creatures who have them to act as though made of feathers (attacks passing through them and their attacks having no force) Example:

Honestly, no idea how that could happen. Does it happen if you toss that interaction in creatures that already exist like vanilla dwarves? Usually passing through implies they don't have or can't apply materials for one or more tissues. That usually shows up in the errorlog. Show us the errorlog if there is one, and make sure you have defined materials for the creature you're working with and they function when this interaction isn't in their definition.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: January 18, 2017, 05:23:53 pm »

It is far more likely that it is not the interaction at all but rather where you put it or something completely unrelated. If the problem persists when removing the interaction, the problem is elsewhere; if it goes away when removing the interaction, move the interaction.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: January 18, 2017, 06:18:23 pm »

It is far more likely that it is not the interaction at all but rather where you put it or something completely unrelated. If the problem persists when removing the interaction, the problem is elsewhere; if it goes away when removing the interaction, move the interaction.

Putting the interaction next to the body tokens and not with the attack tokens fixed it... for some reason...

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: January 18, 2017, 06:23:48 pm »

So, I've applied that solution to mewtwo (haven't yet tested it) but regardless of that I'm still getting this

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: January 18, 2017, 06:24:47 pm »

Easily enough: Mewtwo's head has something wrong with it that makes the others unable to connect. Post the head and nose raws (I shouldn't need any more).

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: January 18, 2017, 06:33:21 pm »

I'm not gonna lie I put the head,body and limbs in BODY:MEWTWO

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: January 18, 2017, 06:46:48 pm »

You have the head connecting to NECK, which does not exist

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: January 18, 2017, 06:58:39 pm »

I take it that having multiple necks connecting to one head just doesn't work, I changed the connections to
and it still fails

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: January 18, 2017, 07:05:48 pm »

You can't have a part connected by two parts, no.
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 362