Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 363

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 643071 times)

Iota

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2445 on: January 18, 2017, 08:07:23 pm »

So I'm trying to create a creature that secretes a contact poison from their skin that turns gaseous at room temperature, but when I test it in adventure mode it says that I am covered in creature's skin instead of poison and humans that stand next to me conspicuously fail to develop any symptoms, does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

raw:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: it looks like I can fix being covered in skin by changing LIQUID to GAS in this line(no clue why): [SECRETION:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EITR:LIQUID:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN:CONTINUOUS],
but the poison still doesn't seem to be affecting anyone.

2nd Edit: no that didn't fix it, it just took a while for me to be covered in coatings of skin.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 09:00:28 pm by Iota »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: January 19, 2017, 01:11:47 am »

You called the material POISON, not EITR.

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: January 19, 2017, 02:06:51 am »

I have a whole thread with my question due to it being so major, though maybe if i put it here, instead of where only one or two people I know will check... So my bad there.

The game crashes at the end of placing civilizations. I only removed playability from dwarves in lieu of my own custom civ. The creature works in the testing arena, so I doubt its the problem, but either way, it doesnt give me anything in the error report. I even tried a completely clean install, and it still failed.

The creature

The entity

Anyone got a fix to this?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 03:31:42 am by Kyubee »
My mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0
The litten is wandering around the dump now, occasionally exploding.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: January 19, 2017, 04:54:44 am »

Remove mayors or any other kind of population requirement (use land holders & renamed expedition leaders for basic site governance) for unknown reasons they seem to cause the game to crash when used outside of dwarves, atleast i've never personally managed to get the perfect conditions to make them work.

> This also extends to any noble with [RESPONSIBILITY:RELIGION] found on elf druids etc, which will also cause the game to crash when they are used on site.

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: January 19, 2017, 05:14:53 am »

Remove mayors or any other kind of population requirement (use land holders & renamed expedition leaders for basic site governance) for unknown reasons they seem to cause the game to crash when used outside of dwarves, atleast i've never personally managed to get the perfect conditions to make them work.

> This also extends to any noble with [RESPONSIBILITY:RELIGION] found on elf druids etc, which will also cause the game to crash when they are used on site.

Thank you. I didn't understand a word of that, unfortunately, call me dumb all you want, i'm still new to entity modding
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 05:28:12 am by Kyubee »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #2450 on: January 19, 2017, 07:52:43 am »

Fairly sure that's wrong - it appears to be caused by having a full set of nobles (and more specifically a type of monarch) along with the dark fortress site type.

With city/fortress sites you can have a full set of nobles and everything will still work fine.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: January 19, 2017, 08:15:33 am »

Fairly sure that's wrong - it appears to be caused by having a full set of nobles (and more specifically a type of monarch) along with the dark fortress site type.

With city/fortress sites you can have a full set of nobles and everything will still work fine.

Monarchs & all other nobles (beside druids and religion nobles) work fine on those kind of sites, as kyubee's entity has a example of a custom monarch instead of a demon lord (demon lords are listed as 'monarchs' by default for appointment reference) and as you logically point out, it does make sense that identical raws would work on mountainhome mayors & town mayors but not any other site.

requirement population of 50 is the only deviant token (as position succession works fine) on the mayor entry. This is a example land holder i have in the place of a mayor for my goblin civilisation that fills the fundamental roles of receiving diplomats & ruling from the site. (im looking into changes into making them practically replace the 'expedition leader' goblin at each site too)

Code: [Select]
[POSITION:VISCOUNT]
[NAME_MALE:viscount:viscounts]
[NAME_FEMALE:viscountess:viscountesses]
[SPOUSE_MALE:count consort:counts consort]
[SPOUSE_FEMALE:countess consort:countesses consort]
[NUMBER:AS_NEEDED]
                [REQUIRES_MARKET]
[LAND_HOLDER:1]
[LAND_NAME:a dominion]
[RESPONSIBILITY:LAW_MAKING]
[RESPONSIBILITY:RECEIVE_DIPLOMATS]
                [RESPONSIBILITY:MILITARY_STRATEGY]
                [RESPONSIBILITY:MILITARY_GOALS]
[SUCCESSION:BY_HEIR]
[APPOINTED_BY:MONARCH]
[PRECEDENCE:30]
[MENIAL_WORK_EXEMPTION]
[MENIAL_WORK_EXEMPTION_SPOUSE]
[SLEEP_PRETENSION]
[PUNISHMENT_EXEMPTION]
[FLASHES]
[BRAG_ON_KILL]
[CHAT_WORTHY]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[KILL_QUEST]
[COLOR:5:0:0]
[ACCOUNT_EXEMPT]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[DEMAND_MAX:1]
[MANDATE_MAX:1]
[REQUIRED_BOXES:2]
[REQUIRED_CABINETS:1]
[REQUIRED_RACKS:1]
[REQUIRED_STANDS:1]
[REQUIRED_OFFICE:1000]
[REQUIRED_BEDROOM:1000]
[REQUIRED_TOMB:1000]

Iota

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: January 19, 2017, 08:22:56 am »

You called the material POISON, not EITR.

Thank you!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #2453 on: January 19, 2017, 09:51:05 am »

Monarchs & all other nobles (beside druids and religion nobles) work fine on those kind of sites, as kyubee's entity has a example of a custom monarch instead of a demon lord (demon lords are listed as 'monarchs' by default for appointment reference) and as you logically point out, it does make sense that identical raws would work on mountainhome mayors & town mayors but not any other site.

requirement population of 50 is the only deviant token (as position succession works fine) on the mayor entry. This is a example land holder i have in the place of a mayor for my goblin civilisation that fills the fundamental roles of receiving diplomats & ruling from the site. (im looking into changes into making them practically replace the 'expedition leader' goblin at each site too)
Was mostly referring to the crash issue, as I've experienced the same thing in the newest version when trying to incorporate higher noble positions. Regardless I haven't seen any issues with the population requirement - here's the raws for the "mayor" position from my fel elf race, for example. The token is still present but they occur normally - no issues or crashes in worldgen.
[POSITION:MAYOR]
[NAME:steward:stewards]
                [NAME:stewardess:stewardesses]
[SITE]
[NUMBER:1]
[RESPONSIBILITY:MEET_WORKERS]
[REQUIRES_POPULATION:50]
[RULES_FROM_LOCATION]
[PRECEDENCE:60]
[FLASHES]
[BRAG_ON_KILL]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[KILL_QUEST]
[COLOR:5:0:0]
[ACCOUNT_EXEMPT]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[DEMAND_MAX:2]
[MANDATE_MAX:1]
[REQUIRED_BOXES:2]
[REQUIRED_RACKS:1]
[REQUIRED_STANDS:1]
[REQUIRED_OFFICE:500]
[REQUIRED_BEDROOM:500]
[REQUIRED_DINING:500]
The crash issues happen whenever I try to add the "higher" positions like the general/lieutenant/captain or the monarch - but for whatever reason I only noticed that with 42.xx and later versions - early on I modded my Vrykul civ to use dark pits instead of towns and they used this for the monarch - no crashes then.
[POSITION:MONARCH]
[NAME:thane:thanes]
[SUCCESSION:BY_HEIR]
[RESPONSIBILITY:LAW_MAKING]
                [RESPONSIBILITY:MILITARY_STRATEGY]
[PRECEDENCE:1]
                [SQUAD:10:thane's bodyguard:thane's bodyguards]
[SPECIAL_BURIAL]
[RULES_FROM_LOCATION]
[MENIAL_WORK_EXEMPTION]
[MENIAL_WORK_EXEMPTION_SPOUSE]
[SLEEP_PRETENSION]
[PUNISHMENT_EXEMPTION]
[FLASHES]
[BRAG_ON_KILL]
[CHAT_WORTHY]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[KILL_QUEST]
[EXPORTED_IN_LEGENDS]
[DETERMINES_COIN_DESIGN]
[COLOR:5:0:1]
[ACCOUNT_EXEMPT]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[DEMAND_MAX:10]
[MANDATE_MAX:5]
[REQUIRED_BOXES:10]
[REQUIRED_CABINETS:5]
[REQUIRED_RACKS:5]
[REQUIRED_STANDS:5]
[REQUIRED_OFFICE:10000]
[REQUIRED_BEDROOM:10000]
[REQUIRED_DINING:10000]
[REQUIRED_TOMB:10000]
When I tried to use the same requirements now with dark pits races it would always crash during worldgen.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: January 19, 2017, 11:52:47 am »

The best resolution in dark fortresses is to leave the basic two generated jobs intact (monarch & general are the only ones that exist) and instead personally edit the site & background nobles, generals will be automatically picked, and from there you can structure downwards.

For example, here is a lieutenant appointed and put under the command of the general who then is passed down the rung to be in charge of all the site militia units, all the rest of the nobles are defined manually. As long as you know which noble's position to expect, you can do all the work there.

[POSITION:LIEUTENANT]
[NAME:high warband lieutenant:high warband lieutenants]
[SQUAD:10:high warband guard:warband legion]
[APPOINTED_BY:GENERAL]
[COMMANDER:WARBAND_COMMANDER:ALL]
                [COMMANDER:OVERSEER_WARBAND_COMMANDER:ALL]
[PRECEDENCE:100]
[MENIAL_WORK_EXEMPTION]
[FLASHES]
[BRAG_ON_KILL]
[CHAT_WORTHY]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[KILL_QUEST]
[ACCOUNT_EXEMPT]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[DEMAND_MAX:1]
[REQUIRED_BOXES:1]
[REQUIRED_RACKS:2]
[REQUIRED_STANDS:2]
[REQUIRED_OFFICE:100]
[REQUIRED_BEDROOM:100]
[REQUIRED_DINING:100]
[MILITARY_SCREEN_ONLY]

Maybe alternatively its a conflict between [VARIABLE_POSITIONS:ALL] or some kind of other fixture.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: January 19, 2017, 05:15:03 pm »

The last bit isn't the case.
[POSITION:HIGH_PRIEST]
[NAME:high priest:high priests]
[SITE]
[RESPONSIBILITY:RELIGION]
[RESPONSIBILITY:LAW_ENFORCEMENT]
[SUCCESSION:BY_POSITION:PRIEST]
[SQUAD:10:holy knight:holy knights]
[MENIAL_WORK_EXEMPTION]
[PUNISHMENT_EXEMPTION]
[APPOINTED_BY:EXPEDITION_LEADER]
[APPOINTED_BY:MAYOR]
[REQUIRES_POPULATION:50]
[REQUIRES_MARKET]
[PRECEDENCE:1]
[FLASHES]
[RULES_FROM_LOCATION]
[BRAG_ON_KILL]
[CHAT_WORTHY]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[KILL_QUEST]
[EXPORTED_IN_LEGENDS]
[COLOR:3:0:1]
[DUTY_BOUND]

I've got a few of these because I was trying to instigate full on crusades.

I still can't get the conquered site versions working though.

[POSITION:PRIEST]
[NAME:priest:priests]
[CONQUERED_SITE]
[RESPONSIBILITY:RELIGION]
[RESPONSIBILITY:LAW_ENFORCEMENT]
[SQUAD:15:crusader:crusader]
[RULES_FROM_LOCATION]
[MENIAL_WORK_EXEMPTION]
[PUNISHMENT_EXEMPTION]
[APPOINTED_BY:EXPEDITION_LEADER]
[APPOINTED_BY:MAYOR]
[PRECEDENCE:50]
[FLASHES]
[KILL_QUEST]
[BRAG_ON_KILL]
[CHAT_WORTHY]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[COLOR:3:0:0]
[DUTY_BOUND]
Naturally the entity is a more warlike dwarven type, and I've also got an elf and goblin version which isn't working, I thought it was the site thing which was screwing it up but the one time I did get them to work at all there were various other problems like the actual conquered site ruler living in a house way off at the edge of the town instead of the keep. Had to use dfhack to track them down.

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: January 19, 2017, 06:24:21 pm »

I just set them back to fortresses. Having their sites as dark fortresses would give adventurers from there trouble anyways

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: January 21, 2017, 11:38:58 am »

Even after removing the second neck, the game still can't place mewtwo's body parts, so what is it about the body parts that cause it to not load correctly (although I think I have an idea)

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: January 21, 2017, 04:06:57 pm »

Not sure if I asked this before...

How do you mod the vampire interaction to spread via bite?

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: January 21, 2017, 04:07:44 pm »

Not sure if I asked this before...

How do you mod the vampire interaction to spread via bite?

It's quite similar to the werecreature bite, just instant.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 363