Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 365

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 646165 times)

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2460 on: January 21, 2017, 04:19:25 pm »

Well, anything I really need to change or?

(Also, how do you make the change instant?)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: January 21, 2017, 04:29:16 pm »

Well, anything I really need to change or?

(Also, how do you make the change instant?)

I'm not the best with syndromes in the world, especially those two, but I believe the wiki page would basically walk you through it.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Rubik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: January 22, 2017, 07:29:30 pm »

Ok, I have advanced a bit with my race of dwarf-like creatures that bio-synthetizes alcohol for various reasons
They can know produce various types of alcohol by 'puking' them, they can consume or give them to others to gain passive temporal bonus. They also were able to inject alcohol directly in the enemy's bloodstream

My doubt is
I want to make these atacks dependant on their body parts (hand, mouth) and a specific organ close to the heart that ''produces'' the alcohol
If this organ is damaged, they basically loose all powers, and Im planning to make this organ be able to be restored in a dramatic way
With my noob-like limited knowledge, I think this is fairly viable when limiting normal atacks, but I really dont have any idea on how that would work at forbidding interactions (throwing a alcohol gas cloud, to ignite enemies)
Besides, making an atack dependant on a body part(hand i.e) and an organ (the mentioned) would mean that any damage to that organ would cause me to lose the whole atack, not the ability to inject venom by scratching, right?
Any help would be great

Also, a paralell question, If I create a caste-based species, and go play an adventurer from that race, can I actually play as different castes every time I play? please say yes
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 11:36:23 am by Rubik »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: January 23, 2017, 05:49:03 pm »

You cant make an organ the sole source of an extract, and if a scratching attack injects the extract then damaging that organ wont affect it, but damaging the hand doing the scratching will. As far as I'm aware an attack can only be linked to a single body part. However, you can switch to using that organ as the source of the attack. You could for instance make organs attached to the hands that can then be damaged there, and are responsible for the scratch attack rather than nails. You can have similar "alcohol glands" in the mouth or something. But unless a single centralized organ is the only one being used in attacks, damaging it wont affect those attacks.

The exception being if it is the brain or spine: if nervous system damage is taken, say to the lower spine, then the creature loses the use of its legs (or any limb attached to the lower body) even if the legs themselves are unharmed. Similarly each limb has its own motor nerves and if an attack damages those nerves that limb from that point down tot he end becomes unusable. But this travels from the brain through body parts that have a nerve connection to it. So damaging your organ in the torso would only hinder peripheral organs if those organs, or the limbs they are connected to, are directly connected to the primary organ somewhere along the chain.

Interactions have [CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY (or BY_TYPE or BY_TOKEN:your organ here] which can be used to make that interaction dependent on that body part. If it is damaged to the point it can no longer be used, the interaction is no longer available. Don't think you can have multiple dependencies there either, but I havent tried and the wiki doesnt directly mention it. I figure multiple dependencies would just mean it requires only one of those parts to still be functional anyway.

And yes, you can play as any caste of a species by cycling through them where you would normally name your character and determine their gender (each gender is associated with a caste that possesses the MALE/FEMALE tag) If they all have the same caste name, then it will be hard to tell which one you've selected, though, so in multi-caste creatures it helps to name each caste differently.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rubik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: January 23, 2017, 06:10:34 pm »

Bless you, you are a huge help

That would be an interesting new tag, to make a certain atack dependant on many body parts

Ok, lets think of it this way. I inyect alcohol with my nails, and ''link'' that atack to this hipothetic organ
I can 'atach' every atack I want to this organ, right?
I only want the nail atack to be lost if the body part in question (hand, nail) is lost or if the organ is damaged

On the interactions bit, can I link the functionality of an organ to another?
Its  very unnecesary, but I wanted to make certain glands responsible of certain interactions, and I want those glands to stp functioning if the main organ is damaged
Can that be done?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: January 23, 2017, 06:45:21 pm »

Your first question, the only thing I can think of to link the organ to the fingernails is by having the arms attach to the organ rather than to the upper body. I'm not sure what other shenanigans could occur as a result of that, but then if the organ is damaged the arms will stop working. Otherwise, there's no way to make the attack dependent on both the hand and the organ being available.

Second question, no, unless those glands are directly connected to the organ instead of another body part. Otherwise what happens to one won't affect the others and thus won't prevent the interaction from being used.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rubik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: January 23, 2017, 07:18:21 pm »

You know what, let's asume for the sake of simplicity that you can still inyect alcohol with half a nail, as long as you have your hand

for the second part, can I actually join organs? how does that work?
Also, I wanted to play with fire a little bit, If I made an interaction to spray alcohol gas over the place (and my enemies) could I lit them up somehow? I know fire is not in its final version as of now

Also, if the main hipothetic organ is broken, I want the creature to experiment constant fatigue and weakness, on top of not being able to produce alcohol, is that possible, making an interaction to inflcit a constant syndrome on the creature?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 08:27:50 pm by Rubik »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: January 24, 2017, 01:53:09 am »

You can't really join organs, unless you just mean having one attached to the other. You could use only one and reference it in all of the cases that the group would have been referenced. They could also share the same category type and you can reference that

You could probably have an interaction spray pools of a liquid or vapor flows that can then be ignited if its heated up, but I wouldn't know where to start with that. A firejet would almost certainly ignite it, but if you're going to use a fire jet why bother with pools of liquid to boil? An alternative is spraying them with molten rock or a fireball; once their body/clothes ignite the alcohol probably will too.
You could just use a firejet and say they're combining both steps of the process really really quickly.
Whatever you do with that, you will have to make the creature fireproof entirely, and maybe provide some easily accessible fireproof material for clothes.

As for the last part, I have never been able to come up with a reliable way to accomplish that, no. I would think it not worth the effort.
I make Spellcrafts!

Rubik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: January 24, 2017, 12:54:46 pm »

Glad to know all that

Im very naive in interactions

More precisely, their triggers

Can I trigger a certain interaction by breaking a certain body part or organ?

Also, in another creature Im designing, I plan on making him able to make a lot of interactions. But the interaction menu in adventure mode is kinda spoilering them
Can I somehow categorize or even obscure interactions in the actions menu up until you can actually do them (all the needed elements are close, or something)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: January 24, 2017, 08:21:10 pm »

[IE_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[BLAHBLAH:OTHER_STUFF:WHICH:IT:DOES:START:0]
[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:0]
[CDI:INTERACTION:start your chain here]

[INTERACTION:first part of your chain]
[IE_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[BLAHBLAH]
[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:0]
[CDI:INTERACTION:repeat with later steps/branches]

There are a few location based effects but they're like, in water, in magma, something like that.

If you want to make something which requires a particular object/material you can use a reaction which takes that element and produces something that can be consumed/vaporizes/whatever and gives the related interaction.

Rubik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: January 25, 2017, 12:33:39 pm »

Hmm, so it is entirely possible to craft some kind of enciclopedia that gives the player temporal abilities to do certain crafts, right?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: January 25, 2017, 01:36:20 pm »

Uhhh, no, don't think you can do that with reactions.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: January 25, 2017, 06:53:14 pm »

If you're meaning making those reactions dependent on an "encyclopedia" object then yes; such an object can be a necessary, preserved reagant for a reaction.

But there's no good way to link interactions and reactions.
I make Spellcrafts!

Rubik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: January 28, 2017, 09:06:46 am »

hmm, stuff like turtle shells and cat claws, you know, retracting body parts and so,
That type of thing isnt very polished out out right? because I kinda wanted to make humans `spawn´ bone spikes from their body at will, to atack enemies, but Im not sure if its gonna work

Also, can an atack inflict more than one syndrome?

Oh, and how does trading with modded creatures work?
I know you can make them arrive at the same time as other civs but, If I make certain items, liquids etc. only availbale to them, can they sell it to me?

Also, when you create an adventurer, can you choose what type of objects will he spawn with?

Another one. If I putted a random organ in the arm, like an eye on the face, and made them big enough, hitting the arm would always damage this organ?

« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 01:10:54 pm by Rubik »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: January 28, 2017, 06:01:39 pm »

hmm, stuff like turtle shells and cat claws, you know, retracting body parts and so,
That type of thing isnt very polished out out right?

It's not in the game in any respect.

Also, can an atack inflict more than one syndrome?

No idea, try it.

Oh, and how does trading with modded creatures work?
I know you can make them arrive at the same time as other civs but, If I make certain items, liquids etc. only availbale to them, can they sell it to me?

Dwarves, elves, humans, goblins and kobolds are already modded creatures. There is no intrinsic difference between modded creatures and vanilla creatures.
And yes, if they have foreign weapons and such they can trade them.

Also, when you create an adventurer, can you choose what type of objects will he spawn with?

No.

Another one. If I putted a random organ in the arm, like an eye on the face, and made them big enough, hitting the arm would always damage this organ?

Try it.
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 365