Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 364

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 644853 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2550 on: April 25, 2017, 01:30:48 pm »

Does [SAVAGE] do anything for civilized races, similarly to [GOOD] and [EVIL]?

Z49000

• Bay Watcher
  • [HERETIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: April 25, 2017, 03:36:44 pm »

From what I've seen, no.
"Science isn't about why. Science is about WHY NOT?"- Cave Johnson, Portal 2

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: April 25, 2017, 07:58:05 pm »

hey ZM5 what was you hoping it would do?
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #2553 on: April 26, 2017, 02:03:51 am »

hey ZM5 what was you hoping it would do?
Mostly wanted civs to have easier access to pet creatures from savage regions - I usually only see them as predators in worldgen, with civ sites not having any populations of them.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: April 26, 2017, 04:27:25 am »

Mostly wanted civs to have easier access to pet creatures from savage regions - I usually only see them as predators in worldgen, with civ sites not having any populations of them.

I looked into this whole deal some time ago. what you're looking for is the USE_ANY_PET_RACE entity tag. that's what gives elves their ability to tame everything that walks by.

Hinaichigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: April 26, 2017, 08:05:40 am »

I made a creature with the [MEGABEAST] and [POWER] tokens.
Some of them settled in lairs, some of them claimed human civilizations as deities.
However when I went to visit one in a mead hall in adventure mode, it claimed I was a dangerous beast and immediately killed me. When I went back with another adventurer, I notice it killing the noble in charge of the town as well.

I'm guessing this is because of the [MEGABEAST] tag. Is there any way around this? In other words I would like to have them all be historical figures and go on rampages, etc. but then when they pose as a deity to try to blend in and not attack people on sight.

Is there a way to do this? Is it possible to have every member of their population be a historical figure without being a [MEGABEAST]?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: April 26, 2017, 08:31:42 pm »

Semi/Mega tag makes everyone in adventure mode flip their shit and panic when they see you.

Hinaichigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: April 27, 2017, 05:30:22 am »

Semi/Mega tag makes everyone in adventure mode flip their shit and panic when they see you.
Ah, so I guess I have to make them non-megabeasts.
Is there any way to make them generally hostile but non-hostile when they take over a civ?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: April 27, 2017, 03:59:46 pm »

Make them a large predator. In the wild theyll attack people and become hist. Figs and attack adventurers on sight assuming theyre big enough, but civilized they should still behave as per normal.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: April 27, 2017, 04:53:48 pm »

I was looking into making chicken people, and I wondered if it was possible to somehow make them survive without a head for a few minutes (much like real life chickens) ? I guess just moving the thought center token out of the brain would work since after getting your head cut off you're likely to die of blood loss anyways, but that would probably cause other problems. Can someone think of another way ?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: April 27, 2017, 05:19:25 pm »

The head itself cant have the head token, because losing that part will result in instant death. You can put the head token on the upper body with the body token, but you will probably have to male some new body parts for any that try to attach directly to the head token body part, so that they properly attach to the false head. You can put a nerve center in the upper body that can be destroyed instead, but it too will be vulnerable without a skull to protect it (not that skulls do much)

To make sure they die when losing the head, make the mouth a breathing body part and remove breathing from the lungs. This will mean they suffocate after losing their head (or mouth) but survive lung damage unphased. Theres not a perfect solution, really. I dont think you can rely on bleeding out from a head wound unless their head bleeds a lot and theyre really very small.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Hinaichigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: April 28, 2017, 06:57:02 am »

Thanks for the help.
For some reason when I remove the MEGABEAST tag and add LARGE_PREDATOR, it doesn't spawn.
I'm not sure why. Is there something wrong with this?:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #2562 on: April 28, 2017, 08:14:16 am »

It lacks population and cluster numbers.

Hinaichigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: April 28, 2017, 09:08:53 am »

I added
Code: [Select]
[POPULATION_NUMBER:100:200]
[CLUSTER_NUMBER:10:1000]
but it didn't spawn.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: April 28, 2017, 01:01:17 pm »

Any idea on how to make a drider-like caste for a creature?
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 364