Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 364

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 645086 times)

mradam5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2820 on: August 15, 2017, 08:28:32 pm »

few more questions

1) what does the [immolate] tag do i read the wiki but it doesn't seem to do anything in game

2) is it possible to make a syndrome do 2 different things depending on if it was swallowed or contact if so how

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: August 15, 2017, 10:21:31 pm »

few more questions

1) what does the [immolate] tag do i read the wiki but it doesn't seem to do anything in game

2) is it possible to make a syndrome do 2 different things depending on if it was swallowed or contact if so how

1)it's kinda iffy, it doesn't always work, but if there's nothing flammable nearby (ie booze stockpile) you probably won't notice it do anything

2)have 2 different syndromes attached to 1 substance
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: August 16, 2017, 07:09:40 pm »

I've been having trouble adding a syndrome to a creature's blood. I want it to cause necrosis on contact, but there's little documentation on the wiki that I can find to assist with this.

This should call the interaction with the id MUTANT_BLOOD, correct? It should initiate the interaction on whatever touches the blood.
Code: [Select]
[CE_BODY_MAT_INTERACTION:MAT_TOKEN:BLOOD:PROB:100:START:0]
[CE:INTERACTION:MUTANT_BLOOD]
[CE:SYNDROME_TAG:SYN_CONTACT]

Is the problem with I_SOURCE? Looks like INGESTION is the only one that allows it to start without some kind of specific action. If so, is there a way around this?

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Ralkesh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: August 16, 2017, 07:18:04 pm »

Good news with a little/major update with my mousefolk race... when through their raw file along with the error log and corrected what was conflicting... turns out that mashing a human with a rodent man results in an error log; at least when they die it now reads 'corpse' instead of 'nail' and adjusted their inebriation rate to be 50 instead of the default 100... Going to be fun when taverns are built.
A small mouse-like humanoid with a long tail, short silky fur and a twitching nose.  He has a preference for cheese and requires coffee to get through the working day.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: August 17, 2017, 04:46:44 pm »

How do I get an intelligent domestic creature that does jobs? Mine will do a stockpile job, but end it when they pick the item up, then just stand there holding it.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

burrito25man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: August 17, 2017, 07:42:09 pm »

Has anyone found a workaround for butchering sentient creatures? I know this version even with proper ethics creatures are unbutcherable with the 'can_learn' tag
It's a slippery slope.  You start out modding, then move on to hard DFHacking, and next thing you know you're making your own games...

LUA Script: Workaround for butchering Sentients
 - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=165414.0

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: August 17, 2017, 08:24:51 pm »

Has anyone found a workaround for butchering sentient creatures? I know this version even with proper ethics creatures are unbutcherable with the 'can_learn' tag
no

My game giveaway

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: August 18, 2017, 11:16:53 am »

Either an interaction to remove can_learn or dfhack toggle dead_dwarf to false.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: August 19, 2017, 01:08:48 pm »

How can I make a creature drop a mechanism upon death? I know I need the ITEMCORPSE tag, but [ITEMCORPSE:MECHANISM:INORGANIC:TIN] doesn't seem to work.

My game giveaway

Nilsou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: August 19, 2017, 02:09:51 pm »

Don't listen these fool. There is a workaround and i have even reported it on the wiki :
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Butcher

At the section, butchering sentient.

It exist a DFhack script which is included in dfhack version since long time, it is named fixcorpestockpile. Just select the stockpile with the sentient corpses and write this in your dfhack. It will made all dead sentient creature in this corpse stockpile as butcherable.

Note that your dwarf have to have the ethic which fit with it and that if there is dwarves corpses mixed with the corpse you want to butcher you must wait that they burrow corpse before fixing the corpse stockpile. otherwise it will lead to go and back infinitly with your dwarf that try to burrow thing that are not burrowable anymore. If this happen (because you made an error) a quick solution is to quantum smashed the part of corpses that is in fault.

Well, with little practice it works fine. I imagine that this could be better if someone has figure out how to make corpse stockpile dedicated to dwarf and corpse stockpile dedicated to other sentient, but i don't know how.
A quick thing to simplify the process is to always have a lot of burrow available, this lead to have very quickly after a battle only dead ennemy in your stockpile.

And it works : In my fortress i have a lot of that currently :

And also lot of elf bone arrow . What is a better use for elves to let them bones used to kills gobelins :)

Notice that despite previous digging that have found that this could be related to the bug which make tame animals dead from other thing than slaughter not butcherable, this seems to be not. At least with inteligent pet. I had managed to have inteligent pet which was killed, and this workaround doesn't seems to help. So i guess the tame animal bug :
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=1180

Is not related with the butcher/ethic/sentient bug. Or, at least, not exactly... :
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=9171
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 02:23:07 pm by Nilsou »

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: August 19, 2017, 04:58:21 pm »

How can I make a creature drop a mechanism upon death? I know I need the ITEMCORPSE tag, but [ITEMCORPSE:MECHANISM:INORGANIC:TIN] doesn't seem to work.
If you check the item token page here you will see it should be:
[ITEMCORPSE:TRAPPARTS:NONE:INORGANIC:TIN]

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: August 19, 2017, 05:39:37 pm »

If you check the item token page here you will see it should be:
[ITEMCORPSE:TRAPPARTS:NONE:INORGANIC:TIN]
Thanks mate

My game giveaway

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: August 19, 2017, 06:33:10 pm »

Legends Mode is calling some (but not all) of my tribal animal people (site building, animal-person variant) "nothing". As in "Kulber: Female nothing" > "Kulber was a nothing, she was one of the first of her kind". If I export, Legends Viewer is able to read her correctly "Kulber was a female tribal bear person".
There doesn't seem to be a pattern. Other tribal female bear people, including ones from the same civ, living in the same site read just fine in Legends Mode. Happens throughout my animal-person based tribes which read a variation template but not to any other tribes (or general civs). Nothing in the errorlog.
Any idea what's up?

Tribal Creatures:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Variant template:
Entity (bear people):

--edit
The third caste all seem to work OK too. It only happens to normal male and female tribal animal people.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 06:38:03 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #2833 on: August 20, 2017, 07:01:04 am »

That's odd, normally it happens when CASTE_NAME is missing, but its present in this case.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: August 20, 2017, 07:28:15 am »

That's odd, normally it happens when CASTE_NAME is missing, but its present in this case.
Yeah, I had that before so it was the first thing I checked. Weird how it doesn't apply to everyone.
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 364