Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 365

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 646039 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2895 on: September 13, 2017, 10:17:33 pm »

"Ant Man 1" and "Ant Man 2" are just names. They have no bearing on anything. That's standard behavior. Look after the comma, that's where the caste name is.

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
  • I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: September 13, 2017, 10:32:11 pm »

"Ant Man 1" and "Ant Man 2" are just names. They have no bearing on anything. That's standard behavior. Look after the comma, that's where the caste name is.
Does it only show the caste in fortress mode or something? Spawning them in in arena mode only shows the standard "Ant Man" title.
I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: September 14, 2017, 02:12:31 am »

Does it only show the caste in fortress mode or something? Spawning them in in arena mode only shows the standard "Ant Man" title.

Ah, you're correct. It usually doesn't show the caste, in fact, you'll have to indicate that with the DESCRIPTION token or similar.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #2898 on: September 14, 2017, 08:15:54 am »

1. Is it possible to make a race only use a single type of metal craftable with a reaction, foregoing all other types?

2. I've already asked this but couldn't get an answer - is it possible to have a material that you can ingest which makes you immune to interactions of a certain class? If so, what are the tokens used for that?

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: September 15, 2017, 10:39:15 am »

Is there a tentacle attack someone has that I may use?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: September 15, 2017, 12:55:46 pm »

Ah, you're correct. It usually doesn't show the caste, in fact, you'll have to indicate that with the DESCRIPTION token or similar.

Obviously one is the sequel to the other, duh.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: September 15, 2017, 05:32:06 pm »

1. Is it possible to make a race only use a single type of metal craftable with a reaction, foregoing all other types?

2. I've already asked this but couldn't get an answer - is it possible to have a material that you can ingest which makes you immune to interactions of a certain class? If so, what are the tokens used for that?

1. If you make a custom reaction and only give access to that reaction to the race, they should only use that one (barring salvaged goods from wars and whatnot).

2. Perhaps? If it works, the tags would probably be [CE_REMOVE_TAG:POISON_CLASS:whatever] or add a poison class that the interaction is set not to affect (via CE_ADD_TAG).
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

FakeGamerCrow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: September 15, 2017, 08:43:51 pm »

@Bearskie

Here is the current Greasy shroom details.
Ive tried to give them a layer of skin like Grease but it doesn't seem to recognise GREASE as a tissue layer though I thought I defined it earlier?
Similarily the SECRETION doesnt seem to be working, or at least I cant see it working.

MATERIAL

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:GREASE:FAT_TEMPLATE] #taken from fat template, adjust accordingly
      [STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:grease]
      [STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:grease]
      [STOCKPILE_GLOB]
      [BUTCHER_SPECIAL:GLOB:NONE]
   [TISSUE:GREASE]
      [TISSUE_NAME:shroom grease:NP]
      [TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:GLOB]
      [RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
      [SUBORDINATE_TO_TISSUE:MUSHROOM_OUTER]
      [COSMETIC]
      [STYLEABLE]
      [INSULATION:250]
      [TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
      [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:RENDER_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:TALLOW]

GREASY SHROOM

[SELECT_CASTE:GREASY_SHROOM]

[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:MUSHROOM_OUTER:GREASE] #Layer Body with Grease (ontop of mushroom tissues)
   [SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:GREASE]
   [SECRETION:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:GREASE:LIQUID:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:MUSHROOM_OUTER:CONTINUOuS]

[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BROWN:1:DARK_BROWN:1:DARK_PEACH:1:DARK_TAN:1:PALE_BROWN:1:PALE_CHESTNUT:1:PALE_PINK:1:PINK:1:TAN:1:TAUPE_PALE:1:TAUPE_SANDY:1]
      [TLCM_NOUN:grease:SINGULAR]
      [TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:0:40:80:100:120:160:200]
         [APP_MOD_NOUN:grease:SINGULAR]
         [APP_MOD_RATE:4:DAILY:0:360:0:0:NO_END]   
         [APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE:12:60:120:180:240:330]
      [SHEARABLE_TISSUE_LAYER:LENGTH:150]      

Currently the Juicy Shroom and the Toothy shroom appear to be working mostly as intended!
Juicy Shroom can be milked and that extract can then be brewed into Shroommead.
Toothy Shroom has some description problems but otherwise fine

Unfortunately the other appear to be having more incomprehensible Problems

Greasy Shroom: Currently unshearable for some reason??? Im working on switching it over to the secretion tag

Elephant Shroom: Functions perfectly except that the Skin is still unTannable
EDIT: Skin obtained by butchering the shroom IS tannable and works properly, but the 'Elephant Shroom Head Skin' is not

EDIT: I know I can fix the fuz by just making it natural hair, but I want it to be classed as a Plant material for flavour

EDIT: I've fixed the Fuzzy shroom and its all working properly
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 11:47:48 pm by FakeGamerCrow »

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: September 16, 2017, 03:34:13 am »

[TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:GLOB]

This is wrong, you do not have a local material named glob. You do however have a local material named grease.

[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:MUSHROOM_OUTER:GREASE]

The format is tissuelayer-bycat-BODYtoken-tissuetoken. In your case, it should be [TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:GREASE], since presumably you'd want to layer all bodyparts with grease. You need not bother with layering over previous tissues - it happens automatically.

The secretion tag does not require the set_tissue tags, it should be an independent tag placed elsewhere. This is what's messing up your shearing code.

blapnk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: September 16, 2017, 10:31:57 am »

1. Also need to remove [PERMITTED_JOB:FURNACE_OPERATOR] from the entity to prevent them getting metal from ores naturally. In addition, worldgen reactions don't check for reagent availability so vanilla dwarves for example will produce steel even when they have no access to iron. Best remove all those too. Check out fortress defense mod. This is assuming we're talking about an npc invader type race. For a playable race, it seems possible to do it with dfhack based on some old stuff in this thread, while still allowing the production of other metals in fortress mode. There's a script there that removes access to wood types, I assume it could be adapted to remove metals apart from your chosen metal. But I can't make sense of it myself.

2. If you take a look at the werewolf and vampire interaction examples. A vampire has [IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:WERECURSE] [IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:VAMPCURSE] while imparting a syndrome that has [SYN_CLASS:VAMPCURSE]. I guess you'd have to manually add that immunity to all the syndromes themselves rather than being able to confer blanket immunity to all of them via one syndrome. Less than ideal if you don't want to edit the target interaction because say it's a mini-mod that's designed to plug and play with other mods with minimal fuss. CE_REMOVE_TAG only works with certain tags anyway, pretty sure CREATURE_CLASS isn't one of them.

FakeGamerCrow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: September 17, 2017, 05:19:58 am »

Update on the Funguy Shroom
Ive fixed the Greasy shrooms by making them milkable for plant oil which seems simpler and easier.
Im still trying to get them to SECRETE but can't see any evidence of it in game

[SECRETION:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:OIL:LIQUID:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:MUSHROOM_OUTER:CONTINUOUS]   
                    =The code for secretion, Oil is defined in the material section using the Plant_Oil_template

The Elephant shrooms are still producing "Head Skin" when sheared, which can't be tanned or used for anything I can see.
I tried defining the leather templates and such but it didn't seem to help.
The skin obtained by butchering the Elephant shrooms can be tanned and used normally but Id like to be able to do it without killing them.

Materials

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SKIN:SKIN_TEMPLATE]
      [TISSUE_NAME:shroom dermis:NP]
      [INSULATION:250]
      [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:LEATHER:LEATHER_TEMPLATE]
      [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:PARCHMENT:PARCHMENT_TEMPLATE]
      [USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:SKIN:SKIN_TEMPLATE]
      [RELATIVE_THICKNESS:5]
      [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TAN_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:LEATHER]
      [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TAN_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:HARDENED_LEATHER]

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:LEATHER_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:HARDENED_LEATHER_TEMPLATE]

Elephant Shroom

[SELECT_CASTE:ELEPHANT_SHROOM]
   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:BODY_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS:FUZZ]
   [SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:FUZZ]
      [TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:RED:1:ORANGE:1:YELLOW:1:GREEN:1:BLUE:1:PURPLE:1:DARK_VIOLET:1]
      [TLCM_NOUN:fuzz:SINGULAR]

[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:SKIN] #Layer head with skin (ontop of mushroom tissues)
   [RELSIZE:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:100]

[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:SKIN]
      [TL_RELATIVE_THICKNESS:200][TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BROWN:1:DARK_BROWN:1:DARK_PEACH:1:DARK_TAN:1:PALE_BROWN:1:PALE_CHESTNUT:1:PALE_PINK:1:PINK:1:TAN:1:TAUPE_PALE:1:TAUPE_SANDY:1]
      [TLCM_NOUN:leathery cap:SINGULAR]
      [TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:0:40:80:100:120:160:200]
         [APP_MOD_NOUN:leathery cap:SINGULAR]
         [APP_MOD_RATE:16:DAILY:0:400:0:0:NO_END]   
         [APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE:12:60:120:200:340:400]
      [SHEARABLE_TISSUE_LAYER:LENGTH:300]      

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: September 17, 2017, 08:55:27 am »

For secretions, if MUSHROOM_OUTER isn't the most external layer of your shrooms, of course you wouldn't see the secretions. It's like saying "if my muscles secrete adrenaline, why can't I see the adrenaline?" Well because it's not coming out of your skin. If I recall rightly, your grease shroom's external-most tissue layer was grease wasn't it?

Mundus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: September 17, 2017, 05:30:02 pm »

This is most likely due to my own inexperience, but I have been trying to create humanoids with tails and found that it has lead to a multiplication in body parts when actually playing. In arena testing mode the creature below has dozens of upper bodies, lower-bodies, heads arms, you name it with seemingly no limit (as in, I have scrolled down for about five minutes with no end) and I have absolutely no idea quite why. I would add an image if I knew how.

The body plan I am using is basically HUMANOID_NECK with the following line added

[BP:TC:tail:tails][CONTYPE:LOWERBODY][CATEGORY:TAIL]
   [DEFAULT_RELSIZE:500]

This is the body in the creature code:

[BODY:HUMANOID_TAIL:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:5FINGERS:5TOES:MOUTH:TONGUE:FACIAL_FEATURES:GENERIC_TEETH_WITH_LARGE_EYE_TEETH:RIBCAGE]

Can anybody explain this?

Z49000

• Bay Watcher
  • [HERETIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: September 17, 2017, 07:53:55 pm »

-snip-

[BP:TC:tail:tails][CONTYPE:LOWERBODY][CATEGORY:TAIL]
   [DEFAULT_RELSIZE:500]

This is the body in the creature code:

[BODY:HUMANOID_TAIL:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:5FINGERS:5TOES:MOUTH:TONGUE:FACIAL_FEATURES:GENERIC_TEETH_WITH_LARGE_EYE_TEETH:RIBCAGE]

Can anybody explain this?

I'm going to guess that the tail's LOWERBODY contype might be causing the duplication effect.
"Science isn't about why. Science is about WHY NOT?"- Cave Johnson, Portal 2

FakeGamerCrow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: September 17, 2017, 08:50:13 pm »

@Bearskie

I figured that that would be the problem so I stripped off the grease layer and left them without Hair or anything else so Mushroom_Outer should be the outermost layer?

Heres all the stuff in their entry

[SELECT_CASTE:GREASY_SHROOM]

[SECRETION:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:OIL:LIQUID:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:MUSHROOM_OUTER:CONTINUOUS]   

[MILKABLE:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:OIL:1200]

[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:MUSHROOM_OUTER]
      [TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:RED:1:ORANGE:1:YELLOW:1:GREEN:1:BLUE:1:PURPLE:1:DARK_VIOLET:1]
      [TLCM_NOUN:grease:SINGULAR]
      [TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:GREASY:10:50:100:150:200:250:300]
            [APP_MOD_NOUN:grease:SINGULAR]
            [APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE:10:100:150:200:250:300]

Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 365