Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 362

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 635186 times)

MachinaMandala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2970 on: November 12, 2017, 07:16:26 am »

How do you strip out the creature names on creature materials? As in, if I want to have just generic "bone" across all creatures instead of having "crocodile bone" or "dwarf bone", how would I go about doing that?

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: November 12, 2017, 11:51:20 am »

What exactly is wrong with my quagga that causes the game to be unable to find any of it's tissues?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: November 12, 2017, 01:20:51 pm »

What exactly is wrong with my quagga that causes the game to be unable to find any of it's tissues?

you never called them thats whats up... you need:
   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_TISSUES]

i'm guessing unless your planning to use non standard materials in which case you need to define them individually.  in either case, it needs to be before the line:
   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]

otherwise the game has no clue what is skin, fat, muscle, bone, or cartilage.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #2973 on: November 12, 2017, 01:23:13 pm »

How do you strip out the creature names on creature materials? As in, if I want to have just generic "bone" across all creatures instead of having "crocodile bone" or "dwarf bone", how would I go about doing that?

[SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL]
[PREFIX:NONE]

EDIT:
but if you mean to generalize all materials for all creatures, thats some extra steps

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: November 12, 2017, 03:20:41 pm »

you never called them thats whats up... you need:
   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_TISSUES]

i'm guessing unless your planning to use non standard materials in which case you need to define them individually.  in either case, it needs to be before the line:
   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]

otherwise the game has no clue what is skin, fat, muscle, bone, or cartilage.
Thank you

Breinhardte

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: November 12, 2017, 06:25:12 pm »

Are there any additional SITE types for entities other than:
  • DARK_FORTRESS
  • CAVE
  • CAVE_DETAILED
  • TREE_CITY
  • CITY

The WIKI mentions PLAYER_FORTRESS and MONUMENT, but these do not seem to work for a playable fortress mode entity.
I was trying to put together a new civilisation, but none of these sites really fit, it would be great to narrow things down to their default sites being a Hillocks, etc.

I have tried CAVE, which also would be okay, but it doesn't seem to allow selection of the entity when embarking, only adventurers.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: November 12, 2017, 06:48:29 pm »

• DARK_FORTRESS
  • CAVE
  • CAVE_DETAILED
  • TREE_CITY
  • CITY

Nope.

Breinhardte

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: November 12, 2017, 06:53:32 pm »

Nope.

Gotcha - I guess additionally, any way to have more granular control of what specific location types an entity will build within those site types?

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: November 12, 2017, 08:31:02 pm »

Nope.

Gotcha - I guess additionally, any way to have more granular control of what specific location types an entity will build within those site types?

Still nope.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: November 13, 2017, 12:51:34 am »

If you want them to only build hillocks, try giving them CAVE_DETAILED but don't let them settle on mountains. I think that should work.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #2980 on: November 13, 2017, 04:37:28 am »

They'll just build fortresses in that case instead of mountain halls.

Breinhardte

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: November 13, 2017, 07:55:50 am »

If you want them to only build hillocks, try giving them CAVE_DETAILED but don't let them settle on mountains. I think that should work.
They'll just build fortresses in that case instead of mountain halls.

Yep, the end result was a regular fortress under grasslands (Which is pretty cool, but didn't seem to have a natural exit).

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: November 13, 2017, 11:05:10 pm »

• DARK_FORTRESS
  • CAVE
  • CAVE_DETAILED
  • TREE_CITY
  • CITY

The WIKI mentions PLAYER_FORTRESS and MONUMENT, but these do not seem to work for a playable fortress mode entity.
I was trying to put together a new civilisation, but none of these sites really fit, it would be great to narrow things down to their default sites being a Hillocks, etc.

I have tried CAVE, which also would be okay, but it doesn't seem to allow selection of the entity when embarking, only adventurers.
MONUMENT technically works, but the game usually crashes on trying to load all the site-residents. Besides, it's not all that impressive; it's a miniature pyramid, like a tomb (which is technically a variation on it) but about 4X4x3, if memory serves.
PLAYER_FORTRESS "works," in that it creates "hillocks" devoid of any features, which also tend to crash.

Sites are the perhaps the most considerable obstacle to modding. DFHack can deal with a lot of hard-coded things, e.g. Vanilla workshops, but good luck making a sci-fi mod when everyone's still living in trees and wooden huts. Whoever finds a way to produce custom sites may well unleash a golden age of modding.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Breinhardte

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: November 14, 2017, 05:59:35 pm »

MONUMENT technically works, but the game usually crashes on trying to load all the site-residents. Besides, it's not all that impressive; it's a miniature pyramid, like a tomb (which is technically a variation on it) but about 4X4x3, if memory serves.
PLAYER_FORTRESS "works," in that it creates "hillocks" devoid of any features, which also tend to crash.

Sites are the perhaps the most considerable obstacle to modding. DFHack can deal with a lot of hard-coded things, e.g. Vanilla workshops, but good luck making a sci-fi mod when everyone's still living in trees and wooden huts. Whoever finds a way to produce custom sites may well unleash a golden age of modding.

That's great, very informative thanks!  :)

On a little more experimenting, Cave seems to work pretty great if no other entities are allowed to be playable, can embark in fortress and adventure mode, not able to produce any crashes so far (Can't seem to find my entities' capital, but I guess that's like mountain homes in 0.34.

Totally agree, more site control would be spectacular.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #2984 on: November 14, 2017, 06:58:43 pm »

The issue with caves is that they dont "spread" unlike other site types.
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 362