Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 363

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 643556 times)

MachinaMandala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3015 on: December 13, 2017, 04:19:02 am »

You can definitely put in a value over 5000. God knows what it does, though.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: December 13, 2017, 04:20:34 am »

i'm saying that you can, syndromeless, increase them to essentially any arbitrary amount, since there's no cap to attribute caps

I thought the Cap was 5000 for the tag [PHYS_ATT_RANGE:STRENGTH:450:950:1150:1250:1350:1550:2250]

Yes, absolutely, but you can set the cap with PHYS_ATT_CAP_PERC to any arbitrary value and make them gain attributes at any arbitrary quickness with PHYS_ATT_RATES, allowing that soft 5000 cap to be busted easily

You can definitely put in a value over 5000. God knows what it does, though.

linear growth as expected

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: December 29, 2017, 04:00:07 pm »

You can also mod in a strength-boosting syndrome to exceed it. Make it affect [SELF].

Huaaaaa
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: January 06, 2018, 12:21:13 pm »

what are people's experience with egg-laying sentient creatures ? Do they work ? can you build a fort with citizens that lay eggs ?

Also, for a creature that has castes of different body shapes, lets say, horned creatures where only one caste has horns, then, if the castes have the same body size, then the horned one is slightly smaller, right ?

so, for a creature that uses the humanoid_neck body pan, the default relsizes add up to 5,530.
Now, if you add horns to that creature, horns default relsize is 100 each, so 2horns means the creatures relsizes add up to 5730, right ?

So, to make the castes the same body size, the one with horns, you'd make their body size larger, by 5730/5530, or about 3.6% larger, right ?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: January 06, 2018, 04:54:23 pm »

The new kobold cave sites have egg laying sites, if you put other civs in there (like say move lizardpeople or snakepeople up from underground) they might yet achieve the same effect. From what i have heard in play, its reliant on locking away the eggs safely because no such behaviour as the kobold egg-hatcheries exist to have eggs free on the ground and generally turns out to be impratical.

> Think of the same issues in world generation with creatures that lay eggs in water, they can't access the nest box because it disallows them from doing the action and pathing onto it, so all breeding for them has to be done in world-generation even if you are fortunate to tame them.

I would think so on your relative size question i think, though you have to attribute relative size of what the head is in conjunction to the horns determined by the neck connection joint but it'll still be its relevant max growth progression-age rather than forcefully, its just a proportional thing.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 04:56:38 pm by FantasticDorf »

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: January 06, 2018, 06:09:11 pm »

The new kobold cave sites have egg laying sites, if you put other civs in there (like say move lizardpeople or snakepeople up from underground) they might yet achieve the same effect. From what i have heard in play, its reliant on locking away the eggs safely because no such behaviour as the kobold egg-hatcheries exist to have eggs free on the ground and generally turns out to be impratical.

So you can't built nestboxes and have the citizens use those in a fortress ?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: January 06, 2018, 06:39:33 pm »

Yes you can but the second half of locking away the eggboxes is impractical as i said, the individual would need to be confined or burrowed into their room with a larder or some kind of communal arrangement. Live birth is always a better option for fortress play as all nest boxes are treated as containers of fortress property to be sorted into piles.

Least to say you don't want your peach faced lovebird (wo)man's eggs to be pulled out of the nestbox prematurely by other fortress members.

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: January 06, 2018, 06:52:52 pm »

Yes you can but the second half of locking away the eggboxes is impractical as i said, the individual would need to be confined or burrowed into their room with a larder or some kind of communal arrangement. Live birth is always a better option for fortress play as all nest boxes are treated as containers of fortress property to be sorted into piles.

Least to say you don't want your peach faced lovebird (wo)man's eggs to be pulled out of the nestbox prematurely by other fortress members.

Ah, a lot of micromanagement required, so citizen eggs don't end up on the food stockpiles. Forbidding eggs so they're not taken out the box and all that.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #3023 on: January 06, 2018, 07:38:50 pm »

Quick question: is it possible to simulate some kind of life-drain spell that causes syndromes in a target while also buffing the caster?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3024 on: January 06, 2018, 08:22:33 pm »

Kinda but then you're dealing with bounce around interactions which are finicky at best. so would be best for a creature you know would mostly be solo so you can just have the buff target that drainer class. But the target would have to be conscious enough to give the buff back after the life drain.

However there are triggers for "Drank blood" so I'm not sure if a "SPECIAL_ATTACK_FLAG_SUCKS_BLOOD" resets that trigger or not. So the life drainer could be buffed if they recently drank blood and the blood/life drain attack also applies debuffs

in Theory. Unless you DFhack it?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #3025 on: January 07, 2018, 03:18:25 am »

Hmmm, I was hoping there'd be a way without the bounce-back thing - I know that you can make interactions that can only self-target, given that multiple targets can be defined for one interaction I was hoping you could do something with it.

I'm not well-versed at all in scripting so DFhack is out of the question for me.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: January 07, 2018, 09:09:20 pm »

well since stuff is limited to combat atm you can make it an interaction with no usage hint so it gets used no matter what, and have the buff look for self, and the drain for a random GENERAL_POISION target?

Just that would break once Toady fixes interactions

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #3027 on: January 08, 2018, 05:29:11 am »

Just tested it now - the multi-target method works.

The only problem is with TARGET_VERB, since I cannot seem to specify different strings for the target and the caster.

GuentherTheBarbarian

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: January 08, 2018, 07:02:53 pm »

I'd like to ask if there is a more efficient way to do """procedural""" chimeras than the system I currently have, which is many castes with different combinations of animal heads and then a few different snake tails.

I've never really touched the creature variation stuff, is there something there that could do it? Just wondering out of curiosity, the chimeras I added seem to be working fine as is.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: January 08, 2018, 09:45:33 pm »

do you want them to be separate creatures, or castes of one? in that case just define the basic body (Upper, lower, legs?) then in the castes define the further body parts (head 1, head 2, head 3, viper tail, etc)

then after that in a select_caste:all apply tissues with a body_detail_plan (or a customized one, since the snake tails would have scale, lion/wolf heads fur, bird heads feathers, etc)

then you might need to group certain castes together to add certain attacks (peck, gore), then a select all for generic ones (claw, bite)

if some of these chimeras are "magical" you can also group them to say ones that have a lion head can breathe fire, ones with bird heads can spit ice (as examples)
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 363