Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 364

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 645125 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3045 on: January 14, 2018, 08:35:28 pm »

Spoiler: hint (click to show/hide)

So with this, i could create an item that all humanoid creatures give when butchered. This item could be "pressed" or "juiced" in a custom workshop specifically for this that gives out an alcohol drink and with the [SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE] token I can make my Illithids immune to the mentioned syndrome while still getting good feelings because I made them [ALCOHOL_DEPENDANT] and restricted the use of other drinks. That would effectively, in flavor anyway, make them Brain dependant. Maybe I can create multiple different drinks that each do the same thing, but with different names so they don't get tired of drinking the same thing.

But would that all work in theory?
Anything works "in theory" ;) haha but yes, you're getting it! The best way to learn though is to try it out :)

I tried doing some testing with a custom reaction to see if I could accept only brains. Surprisingly, I've never found a need to use a specific bodypart in a reagent. The reaction's reagent was set up similar to this:
Code: [Select]
[REAGENT:A:1:CORPSEPIECE:NONE:NONE:NONE][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][UNROTTEN]
where the NONEs are, I tried using BRAIN_TEMPLATE as the material (thinking, could material templates be used as a material?) however that didn't work, it accepts any body part (as I figured it would if it didn't only take brains). I tried messing with the item subtype as well but I couldn't get it to work. Perhaps I'm just missing something, so I figured I'd post this for reference and if anybody knows about using body parts in reactions, let us know!

Can't use a material_template as a mat but you can add a REACTION_CLASS to the BRAIN_TEMPLATE itself. CORPSEPIECE reagents are tricky things to work with

EDIT:

Derp Brains are a butcher result, so you'd need MEAT as the base item, however you'd still need a REACTION_CLASS as there is no way to just state it has to be a MATERIAL called BRAIN without a target IE CREATURE_MAT:DOG:BRAIN
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 08:47:16 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #3046 on: January 14, 2018, 09:26:05 pm »

Can't use a material_template as a mat but you can add a REACTION_CLASS to the BRAIN_TEMPLATE itself. CORPSEPIECE reagents are tricky things to work with

EDIT:

Derp Brains are a butcher result, so you'd need MEAT as the base item, however you'd still need a REACTION_CLASS as there is no way to just state it has to be a MATERIAL called BRAIN without a target IE CREATURE_MAT:DOG:BRAIN
Oh I see... I was mistaken the whole time, my bad! I completely forgot about creature_mat. And the meat part :/ And unfortunately you can't just brew a brain :'(
'ere the Chias get hungry...

Brutaka001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: January 15, 2018, 09:33:07 am »

I knew it WAS possible since meph has created a Soul after butchering corpses and then you could "trap" that soul into an hourglass through a custom workshop, I just didn't feel like going through the complex mindfuck that is MWDF.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: January 15, 2018, 01:40:20 pm »

well you'd have to make custom reaction to "brew" it I think the brewery you can add custom reactions too now, since I noticed the list on the wiki has grown since last I saw.

and yeah adding "new" stuff to butcher is easy, either attach a new bodypart/organ and give it a EBO (Extra Butcher Object) or add a new material + tissue

DaStormDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: January 16, 2018, 01:27:50 am »

Does anyone have any idea how to make an entity only start at a terrain feature instead of a biome?
I'm making a race that is slightly dragon-like and lives around volcanoes

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: January 16, 2018, 02:40:09 am »

Does anyone have any idea how to make an entity only start at a terrain feature instead of a biome?
I'm making a race that is slightly dragon-like and lives around volcanoes
I honestly don't think that's possible. The raws can be frustratingly limited in certain ways...

Glares at necromancer towers.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

DaStormDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: January 16, 2018, 11:45:41 am »

Also, is it possible to limit reactions that are in the main reaction files (i.e masterwork or vanilla main file) or increase food consumption for a particular caste/creature? Btw thx for clarifying the terrain feature thing

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: January 16, 2018, 12:00:53 pm »

Also, is it possible to limit reactions that are in the main reaction files (i.e masterwork or vanilla main file) or increase food consumption for a particular caste/creature? Btw thx for clarifying the terrain feature thing
No on both counts, I'm afraid, if I rightly understand your question. If I were you I'd give DFHack a try. You can change a heck of a lot more with it.
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

DaStormDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: January 16, 2018, 12:48:53 pm »

One more (i think) question: is it the name of the interaction (e.g [INTERACTION:FIRE_SECRET]) that determines how they get it (via reaction) or do i need anything else beyond the same name in the reaction file (e.g [REACTION:LUA_HOOK_SUCCUBUS_UPGRADE_FIRE_SECRET])?

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: January 16, 2018, 01:33:07 pm »

One more (i think) question: is it the name of the interaction (e.g [INTERACTION:FIRE_SECRET]) that determines how they get it (via reaction) or do i need anything else beyond the same name in the reaction file (e.g [REACTION:LUA_HOOK_SUCCUBUS_UPGRADE_FIRE_SECRET])?
That's DFHackery, courtesy of Boltgun, so I can't be of too much help. Vanilla secrets are gained by reading slabs (bestowed in worldgen by objects of worship with the appropriate spheres.) For more info, see here and here.
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: January 19, 2018, 06:23:25 pm »

Messing with some new spiders, theyre supposed to live underground and aboveground in wetlands. They build colonies like honey bees and are collectible. However, theyre not showing up underground, either in game or in the sites + pops files. They appear aboveground just fine, however. Ive double checked the biome and depth tokens in the raw file, and cant find anything wrong with it. Is it just a matter of hive critters not being available underground?

Additionally, the errorlog keeps posting something about ducks not having a cheese template defined. I cant see any reason this should be the case. No other critters are having issues, im not seeing any evidence of a duplicate raw cascade and it only showed up after creating the new spiders, which are in a different file. I havent modified the domestic creatures file recently, and the modifications I did previously have nothing to do with cheese. What the fuck could be happening here?
And I did check the duck's raws for anything related to milk or cheese, and there's definitely nothing there. Removing the new creature file and copying over a duplicate of the unmoddified domestic creatures file dont solve this.

Okay, I got rid of that duck cheese by adding another plant to a different file I've recently modified. There is nothing related to ducks or cheese/milk in that file either. However, if I delete one of the plant definitions, any of them, it will show up again. If I delete a second, so -1 from what the file had, then it will say cavies are having cheese problems. If I delete another it says chickens have cheese. But if I delete a fourth the problem disappears again and it doesnt occur again if I delete either or both of the remaining two. I feel like shoegorath has possessed this file and was trying to wabbajack my ducks into sheep through cavern grass. Does anybody smarter than me know wtf could possibly cause this?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 10:42:06 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: January 19, 2018, 10:49:03 pm »

I feel like shoegorath has possessed this file and was trying to wabbajack my ducks into sheep through cavern grass. Does anybody smarter than me know wtf could possibly cause this?
Have you duplicated an entry by mistake? That's the obvious solution. Failing that, I'd blame a typo; perhaps a deleted bracket somewhere.
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: January 20, 2018, 12:50:50 am »

If not having the cascade effect it's gotta be a missing ']' that Urlance has mentioned, since you've noticed it's something in your new Plants? so check around in there for an unclosed tag.

As for the spiders, if you have their biome as a surface and an underground I think that causes issues, I'd copy it, rename the ID with a _UNDERGROUND and have all their tissues use materials from the surface varient plus other materials to do the same

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: January 20, 2018, 01:35:07 am »

Ill search for an open bracket, havent thought about that. Definitely not a duplicate cascade issue ive triple checked for that. But the problem vanishes again if i simply copy the new plants to a different file, and i triple checked the header and name of the file they were in, id kinda expect if a bracket were missing there it would persist, if at least affecting a different creature or something.

For the spiders i might make them exclusively cavern dwelling if that is the issue, but other creatures like my witchlights and nosferatu show up just fine both above and underground. Could it be exclusively a restriction on vermin or specifically colony-based vermin then? Odd that would matter but none of this is making sense to me today so your worst guess is better than mine
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: January 20, 2018, 01:38:29 am »

Hmm I guess it could be a limitation to colony based vermin? I've never modded one "yet" I plan too, since BEEs need to be OUTSIDE to function correctly (hives) but that's cause they are surface?
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 364