Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 364

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 645259 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3105 on: February 12, 2018, 08:33:29 pm »

Where would i put the creature name in CORPSE:NONE:NONE:NONE and is there a way to make it require a tag e.g CAN_SPEAK?

I don't think CORPSE or CORPSEPIECE allow direct targeting. You can try [CORPSE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:CREATURE_ID:NONE] but normally this stuff is handled easier with REACTION_CLASS if you do a SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL and add the reaction class to the whole creature mats

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #3106 on: February 15, 2018, 07:49:18 am »

What I am looking for is a way to make a regular gorilla population reliably show up in any given tropical moist broadleaf forest biome in the world I generated.
Any clue which tokens to look at to influence this?
I'd examine which creatures are allowed to appear in that biome, set their frequency to 3, and gorillas frequency 100. Then the random rolls will produce gorillas often. Gotta look at ANY_FOREST and ANY_TROPICAL creatures, and any_land. This will mess up many biomes' appearance balances.

Where would i put the creature name in CORPSE:NONE:NONE:NONE and is there a way to make it require a tag e.g CAN_SPEAK?
I don't think CORPSE or CORPSEPIECE allow direct targeting. You can try [CORPSE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:CREATURE_ID:NONE] but normally this stuff is handled easier with REACTION_CLASS if you do a SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL and add the reaction class to the whole creature mats
Might be handy to have different flesh for CAN_SPEAK races, and regular flesh for other creatures. that way a reaction class of the speaking ones.
Here's Deon's cremating reactions:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 07:53:45 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: February 20, 2018, 01:25:14 am »

I have a question, How does Realtive size work on body_parts for a creature?

Most UPPERBODY and LOWERBODY are 1000, what does that entail for a HUMAN size creature of 70000?

is it some simple ratio math?

Bodypart size = (BodyPart Rel Size / (all bodypart rel sizes, own part inclusive)) / Creature Size

With this question I have another

Doe weapon sizes scale with the creature or who made it (like armor?) because a Giant using a Mace that is actually made for a human seems a bit comical not to mention weaker? If a Giant's fist is larger than the mace, punching would be more effective than swinging a tiny mace (not factoring in the boost to size and strength for the swings momentum).

so how does weapon size factor in if I wanted to make "giant weapons" for larger creatures that obviously would be too heavy for normal creatures (weight) but wouldn't be and issue for the giants themselves (does size + strength = more carry power?)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: February 20, 2018, 04:50:14 pm »

Think body part size might be a ratio of all body parts and the creatures overall size, yes. Like the upper body gets 1000 out of x fractions of the available 70,000 cubic centimeters, where x is the total relative sizes of all the creatures parts added together. The body size token itself is supposed to describe the total volume of the creature including all body parts

Im not sure weapon size changes, when i made my beastman civ i just made new weapons for them. Shouldnt be hard to test tho, just check the weights of weapons in the arena on creatures spawned with them and made through reactions and see if theres a tangible difference.

And yeah, size and strength factor into carry weight. Bigger creatures can definitely haul more without being encumbered than smaller ones, and strength directly affects it. Like compare a weak or below average rhino man to a superkobold strength kobold. Pretty sure unless further syndrome/interaction shenanigans comes into play that the kobold cant carry as much as the rhino man without being encumbered.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: February 20, 2018, 05:42:12 pm »

(relsize/all relsizes)*creature size, but yeah

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: February 21, 2018, 10:26:49 am »

awesome thanks you two.

I have an additional question now, Does INTERNAL or EMBEDDED parts also add the the "all relsizes" variable? Would that mean a creature with no organs would technically have larger/thicker arms than a creature with organs?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #3111 on: February 21, 2018, 02:13:48 pm »

I have an additional question now, Does INTERNAL or EMBEDDED parts also add the the "all relsizes" variable? Would that mean a creature with no organs would technically have larger/thicker arms than a creature with organs?

Might want to view the creatures under development
with Dwarf Portrait program; images at https://imgur.com/a/TVxqm
and program at thread http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158930.15
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: March 18, 2018, 09:41:37 am »

Alright, this is driving me bonkers. I'm *nearly* ready to release my Bugs & Bugmen mod, but I'm having entity issues.

Fly, Tick, Leech and Mosquito Men are being appropriately virulent in the spread of their Dark Fortresses, and the Snail/Slug Men are building their Hillocks correctly, but the Moth and Mantis Men don't seem to want to spread out - at all.

Nor do Tiger/Lion/Jaguar Men, who I added for kicks as a test subject. I thought it might be Tree Cities causing the issue, but Elves - and, after an adjustment, Elephant Men - spread like wildfire. Swapping Moth Men and Elephant Men between entities showed the exact same behavior, so it's not an equipment or biome issue. And since Tiger/Lion/Jaguar men are stronger than Moth Men, why are *they* not expanding?

Any suggestions on what I could be doing wrong? What creature parameters affect spread in worldgen?
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: March 18, 2018, 10:11:37 am »

Do they have enough food to eat? Mantises & lion men seem to be hard carnivores, so probably need some tamable or common domestic species present.

Code: [Select]
//Blah blah entity tags for lionpeople
[ANIMAL]
[CREATURE_TOKEN:WILD_BOAR] // put whatever you want here
[ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PRESENT]

Will get around this without adding [COMMON_DOMESTIC] as will using [CREATURE_CLASS] tags.

• [ANIMAL] tags like 'always present' act like common domestic but allow you import [PET_EXOTIC] creatures via merchants & embark.
  • In gameplay too, [BONECARN] creatures like goblins wont eat finished meals prepared out of eggs if it isn't mixed in with meat unlike dwarves. Settlement food *NORMALLY* from farming is required.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 10:18:01 am by FantasticDorf »

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: March 18, 2018, 03:18:14 pm »

Looks like the food did the trick!

I tried adding the relevant jobs BUTCHER, TANNER, COOK, etc, as well as FISHERMAN and FISH_CLEANER for good measure. Confirmed that they are, in fact, CARNIVORE. Sure enough, through worldgen they started migrating upwards, colonizing through Fly Man territory and holding their own despite wooden weapons.

I think HUNTER is the one that was nixing it for the carnivores; turns out on second glance that the lion/etc. civ already had COOK, BUTCHER, TANNER, but was still failing to grow.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 03:21:47 pm by Warlord255 »
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: March 18, 2018, 08:51:43 pm »

awesome thanks you two.

Have we figured this out? I want to know for the purpose of determining armor contact sizes.

Orbotosh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: March 23, 2018, 08:12:18 pm »

How does the hide self effect work?
INTERACTION:
CREATURE:

It doesn't produce an error message, but it doesn't seem to do anything at all either.
It's a buyers market. The author writes what sells, catering to the lowly demands of uneducated masses. In this case, apparently, charioteers.
Can we get migrant sponge cooks, a squid for bookkeeper, a starfish peasants, squirrel mechanics, vermin invaders, and cook roast crab meats? 

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: March 23, 2018, 08:29:22 pm »

If you're using it in adv. mode or arena you will notice you go into sneak mode and become undetected (until the next few ticks when someone detects you)

however since 42.x interactions have been broken and in most terms only work during combat, IE Fleeing is not combat.

Orbotosh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: March 24, 2018, 12:10:25 pm »

however since 42.x interactions have been broken and in most terms only work during combat, IE Fleeing is not combat.

That problem didn't come up since I was assuming direct control for the sake of testing-didn't trust the AI to get scared at all. It just "happened" without any new text or anything like that.
It's a buyers market. The author writes what sells, catering to the lowly demands of uneducated masses. In this case, apparently, charioteers.
Can we get migrant sponge cooks, a squid for bookkeeper, a starfish peasants, squirrel mechanics, vermin invaders, and cook roast crab meats? 

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: March 24, 2018, 05:28:57 pm »

since the interaction doesn't have any "spit out text" it will just happen when used
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 364