Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 365

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 645562 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3225 on: June 11, 2018, 11:44:01 am »

Yeah, its because of the dark fortress site type, plus the world actually having generated demons enabled - if you disable them with advanced worldgen then dark fortress civs wont show up at all.

Tubercular Ox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: June 11, 2018, 12:07:43 pm »

What happens if they're playable?  Will the demon come to your fortress if it gets big enough (Is the demon a monarch?) Can the default behavior, whichever it is, be changed?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #3227 on: June 11, 2018, 12:18:44 pm »

No idea if they do - they have a technically-procedural (I use technically because its the same in every world, like necromancers) position called "master", which fulfills the same role.
The behavior is hardcoded so, no, we cannot change it.

Tubercular Ox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: June 11, 2018, 04:24:14 pm »

Has anyone ever extracted the Master position from the raws?  I thought it might be something I could do, but, uh, alternate question: is there any kind of tutorial on how to poke around in the generated raws?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3229 on: June 11, 2018, 06:16:34 pm »

Has anyone ever extracted the Master position from the raws?  I thought it might be something I could do, but, uh, alternate question: is there any kind of tutorial on how to poke around in the generated raws?

Inside the init, set "compressed saves" to off. gen a world (or open a compressed world, and then save) then go into the save folder and open "world.dat" enjoy the clusterf**k

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: June 14, 2018, 01:21:59 pm »

There are also tools that can decompress save files (it's not too hard of a process):
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=3895
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/User:Quietust/rawextract.pl
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/User:Quietust/rawextract.php
https://github.com/lethosor/df-savecheck (okay, this one doesn't actually save the decompressed result anywhere)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

fishboyliam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: June 17, 2018, 04:55:59 pm »

Has anyone ever given [ADOPTS_OWNER] to a sentient creature? Anyone have any idea if your citizens, if they had this tag, would be in an endless cycle of adopting each other?

Also, anyone know if citizens getting embarrassed from lack of clothes is hard coded?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 04:59:25 pm by fishboyliam »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3232 on: June 17, 2018, 05:20:52 pm »

I think if you lower their personality trait of BASHFUL they won't care much about being naked

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: June 17, 2018, 08:32:01 pm »

if the entity is one that wears clothes, then they'll be bothered by nakedness

but Hugo is also right in that personality traits are instrumental in how much they're bothered by thoughts like that, from mortified to utterly carefree

I know I had an extremely easygoing baron who didn't give two shits that he lived in squalor and received diplomats at the bar. the thoughts were there, but he was immune to the stress effects
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 08:37:36 pm by scamtank »

fishboyliam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: June 17, 2018, 10:13:21 pm »

Lowering bashful might be a good idea for other reasons actually, even though just not wearing clothes is enough. That said, now I can't get [CASTE_TILE] working. Is it bugged or something?

Yalishandaw

• Bay Watcher
  • Thanks I could help, bro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: June 21, 2018, 09:59:06 pm »

I'm trying to accelerate the rate at which a new human caste learns skills, so I've tried using [SKILL_RATES:1000:8:16:16] and [SKILL_LEARN_RATES:1000] to no effect.  Is there a max value that I don't know about, or should I be trying this somewhere other than creatures_standard.txt?
My avatar is Basil the Minotaur.  Go read Gunnerkrigg Court.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #3236 on: June 21, 2018, 10:12:56 pm »

I'm trying to accelerate the rate at which a new human caste learns skills, so I've tried using [SKILL_RATES:1000:8:16:16] and [SKILL_LEARN_RATES:1000] to no effect.  Is there a max value that I don't know about, or should I be trying this somewhere other than creatures_standard.txt?
might be that 1000% is too much, try again with 380% and some easily doable task, like engraving. No max value is mentioned on the wiki.

I and Deon have a mega-learner caste as well.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Yalishandaw

• Bay Watcher
  • Thanks I could help, bro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: June 22, 2018, 02:15:05 am »

Thanks!  I've been testing by punching goblins in the arena, so far I've dropped it as low as 200 with no noticeable change in skill gained by a single punch.  I'm going to do a bit more in depth testing in the arena and see if there's really not a bonus to skill rate.

Edit: I put 4 normal humans and 4 superlearner humans in separate rooms, each with a dagger and no skills, and fed them two goblins(one at a time to ensure victory).  So far they all seem to be gaining knife user and fighter skills at about the same rate.  I'm going to undo the other stat modifications I did to this caste and keep testing, I might also do control groups of elves and dwarfs in addition to humans so I can be sure I'm not upping the skill gain of all human castes.

Edit2: So the default setting is [SKILL_RATES:100:8:16:16], I did a test in the arena with it set to [SKILL_RATES:1:8:16:16] and that seemed to work to greatly slow down skill learning, but I'm not noticing an appreciable difference with values above 100.  When you tested the Jade Dwarves were you in fort mode, adventure mode or the arena?

« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 02:43:44 pm by Yalishandaw »
My avatar is Basil the Minotaur.  Go read Gunnerkrigg Court.

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: July 24, 2018, 08:28:15 pm »

I've been trying to mod the raws for certain creatures I've been war training (tigers & rhinos) to give them the ability to gain skill/experience and improve their stats.

I originally gave them [CAN_LEARN] [CANOPENDOORS] (because they kept starving while locked in random bedrooms) and removed [STANDARD_GRAZER] because that was too hard to manage. The animals immediately starting becoming Dabbling Observers, Persuaders, Comedians, ect. but I had lost all control of them and they basically ate and drank every drop in my stocks and I couldn't get them to leave the tavern.  Trying again I added  [NO_DRINK] [NO_EAT] [NO_SLEEP] to avoid the issues and they all went into comas basically, I'm guessing it's the [NO_SLEEP] never wake up error, though none of them said they were sleeping.

So I removed [NO_SLEEP], re-added [STANDARD_GRAZER] because I wasn't sure if they would continue to eat my stocks even though they didn't need to.  I also changed [CAN_LEARN] to [SLOW_LEARNER]  and added all this I copied from the wiki, for things I thought a war animal should improve.

[PHYS_ATT_RATES:STRENGTH:50:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [PHYS_ATT_CAP_PERC:STRENGTH:1000]
   [PHYS_ATT_RATES:AGILITY:50:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [PHYS_ATT_RATES:TOUGHNESS:50:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [PHYS_ATT_RATES:ENDURANCE:50:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [PHYS_ATT_RATES:DISEASE_RESISTANCE:50:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [PHYS_ATT_RATES:RECUPERATION:50:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [MENT_ATT_RATES:ANALYTICAL_ABILITY:50:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [MENT_ATT_RATES:FOCUS:50:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [MENT_ATT_CAP_PERC:FOCUS:1000]
   [MENT_ATT_RATES:INTUITION:50:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [MENT_ATT_RATES:PATIENCE:50:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [MENT_ATT_RATES:MEMORY:50:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [MENT_ATT_RATES:SPATIAL_SENSE:50:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [MENT_ATT_RATES:WILLPOWER:50:NONE:NONE:NONE]

So they act like animals again which is cool but I haven't noticed any skill or ability improvement since.  Is there a better way to do what I'm trying here?

Also is there a way to stop war animals from running to burrows with civilians? I'd like them to move with they squads they are assigned to while alerts are in effect.

Thanks

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: July 25, 2018, 08:06:45 am »

Is the [ANIMAL] tag forced? As in, will the entity always be using the animal if it has the tag?
Like:

Code: [Select]
[ANIMAL]
[ANIMAL_TOKEN:DIRE_BOAR]
[ANIMAL_NEVER_MOUNT]
[ANIMAL_NEVER_WAGON_PULLER]
[ANIMAL_NEVER_PACK_ANIMAL]
[ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PET]
[ANIMAL_ALWAYS_SIEGE]

and then all sieges are bacon
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 365