Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 365

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 645879 times)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3465 on: March 29, 2019, 05:20:35 pm »

Can [MILKABLE] be used to milk materials other than milk, such as blood or wood or iron

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #3466 on: March 29, 2019, 05:38:34 pm »

Can [MILKABLE] be used to milk materials other than milk, such as blood or wood or iron

Yes, you just need to input another material. [MILKABLE:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:20000] should give you a bucket full of blood every 17 or so days. I’m unsure how it would deal with non-fluid non-food materials being put in the bucket though. Worst case scenario it might just get stuck there (in stead of being carried off to a barrel) and you’d have to use some reaction to get it out of there. Some more research is needed for that scenario.

Thank you, Fish Preferred.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: March 30, 2019, 02:03:20 pm »

Yes, you just need to input another material. [MILKABLE:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:20000] should give you a bucket full of blood every 17 or so days. I’m unsure how it would deal with non-fluid non-food materials being put in the bucket though. Worst case scenario it might just get stuck there (in stead of being carried off to a barrel) and you’d have to use some reaction to get it out of there. Some more research is needed for that scenario.

Would a nether-cap bucket protect a dwarf from melting? I want to know if it's possible to mod in a requirement for a nether-cap bucket and milk magma from something.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Mundus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: March 30, 2019, 05:17:50 pm »

Has anybody ever seen only a single individual of a semimegabeast/megabeast be created in world gen? Have modded in two semimegabeasts and yet when I create a world with 20 semimegabeast caves only 1 are of one type and 19 are the other. Their frequencies, trigger numbers and many other things are similar, so any advice would be much appreciated.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: March 31, 2019, 01:00:00 pm »

Would a nether-cap bucket protect a dwarf from melting? I want to know if it's possible to mod in a requirement for a nether-cap bucket and milk magma from something.

You could just add a reaction to make buckets from iron or other metal to the forge.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: April 05, 2019, 11:07:19 am »

Is there a way to limit a civ's max number of sites during world gen? I'm thinking something along the lines of world gen's "maximum number of sites" but affecting only a specified civ.

I guess kobolds are hardcoded to not settle outside of caves/ruins since their raws would allow them to expand in (pretty much) everywhere
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: April 05, 2019, 01:34:00 pm »

No, theres no control on the number of sites a civ can have. The only exception is caves. As youve surmised, cave civs cant found new sites, but if they have likes site tags they can conquer and hold onto them after a war. But thats pretty unlikely being they always have tiny populations, so cant really field armies necessary to win wars against other civs. And kobolds are wimps anyway.

The other possible exception is a mountain hall civ with no valid settlement biomes and starting on mountains. Theyre stuck in their starting fort then. Again, wont usually have the population to conquer much either.
But if you let them start anywhere besides a mountain, even without valid settlement biomes, theyll found hillocks everywhere around them. In fact, even with proper settlement biomes and hundreds of hillocks, they will never found another fortress, unless they started on a mountain. Mountainhalls are weird.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: April 05, 2019, 03:20:36 pm »

Thank you
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Flying Teasets

• Bay Watcher
  • another nation, or a non-governmental entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: April 06, 2019, 04:33:19 pm »

Will modifying the default human personality cause entity corruption?
Not here at the moment

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: April 06, 2019, 09:12:56 pm »

no

Flying Teasets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Not here at the moment

Flying Teasets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: April 06, 2019, 09:47:32 pm »

Legends Viewer fails to recognize a civilization whenever I add these lines to humans:

Code: [Select]
[PERSONALITY:ENVY_PROPENSITY:0:55:100]
[PERSONALITY:VANITY:0:55:100]
[PERSONALITY:GRATITUDE:0:55:100]
[PERSONALITY:IMMODESTY:0:55:100]
[PERSONALITY:VENGEFUL:0:55:100]
[PERSONALITY:PRIDE:0:55:100]
[PERSONALITY:CRUELTY:0:45:100]
[PERSONALITY:BASHFUL:0:55:100]
[PERSONALITY:CLOSEMINDED:0:60:100]
[PERSONALITY:SWAYED_BY_EMOTIONS:0:55:100]
[PERSONALITY:TRUST:0:55:100]
[PERSONALITY:GREGARIOUSNESS:0:60:100]
[PERSONALITY:EXCITEMENT_SEEKING:0:55:100]

Have I missed a typo or formatted the lines incorrectly?
Not here at the moment

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: April 06, 2019, 09:51:12 pm »

Where are you adding them, when are you adding them and how?

Flying Teasets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: April 06, 2019, 10:08:27 pm »

Where are you adding them, when are you adding them and how?
1. Between [SWIMS_LEARNED] and [MANNERISM_FINGERS:finger:fingers]
2. Before creating a new world from the Dwarf Fortress main menu.
3. copy-paste and hand editing.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 10:10:11 pm by Flying Teasets »
Not here at the moment

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: April 06, 2019, 10:30:59 pm »

Hmm. I can't see any reason those would cause that issue.
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 365