Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 362

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 635197 times)

Hetsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3765 on: June 24, 2019, 02:32:13 am »

Is there a way to make a creature completely nonexistent?

The [DOES_NOT_EXIST] token, according to the wiki says, "Creature does not physically exist, but is known by civilizations and can be used for artistic purposes such as engravings." Is there a way to make them not known and not physically exist?

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING][BLOODSUCKER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: June 24, 2019, 08:31:29 am »

The [DOES_NOT_EXIST] token, according to the wiki says, "Creature does not physically exist, but is known by civilizations and can be used for artistic purposes such as engravings." Is there a way to make them not known and not physically exist?
Don't make a creature.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Naga/Lamia race

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: June 24, 2019, 10:20:09 am »

I need interaction code for harpy hero of transform female with spouse_conversion_target into another harpy.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: June 24, 2019, 10:42:41 am »

I presume it's as simple as putting the aforementioned [DOES_NOT_EXIST] token into a creature's raws.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: June 24, 2019, 11:47:01 am »

I think that's correct yeah. They need the fanciful tag to be known to everyone iirc

You could also just make the creature but not add biomes or pet info. It effectively won't exist because it has nowhere to spawn

I need interaction code for harpy hero of transform female with spouse_conversion_target into another harpy.
Copy the raws out of the interaction examples file for werebeasts, the one for the bite, not the deity curse. Iirc it should say i_source:creature_action. This is mostly all set up, but you need to change the reference to the werebeast in the syndrome to reference the Harpy creature Id and caste you want, and remove the ce_intermittent that follows it, because we only want it to occur once, right, and remove the end:x from the syndrome too. That's all I can think of right now because I don't have a computer in front of me. But you'll still need a can_do_interaction in the creature file to allow the to do it.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 12:14:27 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3770 on: June 24, 2019, 02:03:56 pm »

[FANCIFUL] makes them well known, and also prevents civs from using their materials if they can access them, [DOES_NOT_EXIST] just makes it do they don't, well, exist.

So just using [DOES_NOT_EXIST] will be enough to make a "never known creature" that can still be defined as one (for transformations, or curses)

Hetsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: June 25, 2019, 01:33:11 am »

Thank you all for the clarification. 😊

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: June 25, 2019, 01:55:06 am »

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #3773 on: June 25, 2019, 04:06:08 am »

Study this partially working transformation code, found in the forums:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: June 25, 2019, 07:43:10 am »

Study this partially working transformation code, found in the forums:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I not understand how make interaction in creature code.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3775 on: June 25, 2019, 01:30:08 pm »

That part is complicated, yeah. Look at the code in the cat raws from creature_domestic, where they have a cleaning interaction. You'd basically want to copy that, and replace the reference to the cleaning interaction with your transformation. But make sure it doesn't allow them to transform themselves, so remove those parts that reference self. I think that one also has can_be_mutual, and you should remove that just because it doesn't make sense since the target should never be another harpy.

Also, make sure your transformation reaction can't target anyone that is already a harpy and has cannot_target_if_already_affected.

Oh, and by the way this won't make the target a spouse of or in any way affect their relationship with the creature that initiated the transformation, all you can do is change their creature/caste. If they were enemies before they'll still tear each other to pieces. Theres no way to do a spouse conversion or directly influence relations on command in the game at the moment.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: June 25, 2019, 09:29:51 pm »

That part is complicated, yeah. Look at the code in the cat raws from creature_domestic, where they have a cleaning interaction. You'd basically want to copy that, and replace the reference to the cleaning interaction with your transformation. But make sure it doesn't allow them to transform themselves, so remove those parts that reference self. I think that one also has can_be_mutual, and you should remove that just because it doesn't make sense since the target should never be another harpy.

Also, make sure your transformation reaction can't target anyone that is already a harpy and has cannot_target_if_already_affected.

Oh, and by the way this won't make the target a spouse of or in any way affect their relationship with the creature that initiated the transformation, all you can do is change their creature/caste. If they were enemies before they'll still tear each other to pieces. Theres no way to do a spouse conversion or directly influence relations on command in the game at the moment.
I not make spouse conversion. I just use spouse_conversion_target token for harpy-sized humanoids. Harpies not convert enemies, they convert allies - stolen girls in harpy civ and another civ members if harpy is hero.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #3777 on: June 26, 2019, 01:10:04 am »

Spouse conversion only works for night trolls - civilized creatures will not convert others.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: June 26, 2019, 07:15:21 am »

Can a [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION] syndrome change a creature into a demon?

EternalCaveDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: June 26, 2019, 08:58:43 am »

Spouse conversion only works for night trolls - civilized creatures will not convert others.

Well darn, that's a shame, answers an earlier question of mine though.
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 362