Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 365

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 646410 times)

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3810 on: July 04, 2019, 11:32:52 am »

Just this would work:

[SELECT_MATERIAL:MUSCLE]
  [SYNDROME]
      [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
      [SYN_INGESTED]

Syndrome stuff is only attached to either interactions or materials. Tissue stuff is irrelevant for this.

awesome thanks

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: July 06, 2019, 08:23:46 am »

I am thinking of making a simple mod that converts all birds to vermin (because birds sitting up in the sky and taking up all of my wild animal spots annoys me). Do I just need to add the following tags to the non-vermin birds?

[VERMIN_GROUNDER]
[SMALL_REMAINS]
[NOT_BUTCHERABLE]

And these when applicable?

[VERMIN_EATER]
[NOT_BUTCHERABLE]
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 09:40:35 am by brolol.404 »

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #3812 on: July 06, 2019, 06:28:43 pm »

I am thinking of making a simple mod that converts all birds to vermin (because birds sitting up in the sky and taking up all of my wild animal spots annoys me). Do I just need to add the following tags to the non-vermin birds?

[VERMIN_GROUNDER]
[SMALL_REMAINS]
[NOT_BUTCHERABLE]

[VERMIN_EATER]
[NOT_BUTCHERABLE]

You should probably remove [LARGE_ROAMING] as well. I believe that should be it, though.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: July 06, 2019, 07:35:43 pm »

[VERMIN_GROUNDER]
[SMALL_REMAINS]
[NOT_BUTCHERABLE]

[VERMIN_EATER]
[NOT_BUTCHERABLE]

You should probably remove [LARGE_ROAMING] as well. I believe that should be it, though.

Awesome thanks

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: July 09, 2019, 12:03:44 pm »

I've got a couple questions about creature bodies,

1. Is it possible to define body parts in a creatures raws directly or do you have to use the [OBJECT:BODY] raws?
2. If I duplicate a body part (like add a second 2EYES to the BODY of the dwarf) will it work the same as creating a new body object with four eyes, or will it screw things up because the body parts will have duplicated IDs?
3. Is [BODY:HUMANOID_NECK:2EYES:2EARS] functionally equivalent to [BODY:HUMANOID_NECK][BODY:2EYES][BODY:2EARS]?

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: July 09, 2019, 02:06:23 pm »

1. Is it possible to define body parts in a creatures raws directly or do you have to use the [OBJECT:BODY] raws?
2. If I duplicate a body part (like add a second 2EYES to the BODY of the dwarf) will it work the same as creating a new body object with four eyes, or will it screw things up because the body parts will have duplicated IDs?
3. Is [BODY:HUMANOID_NECK:2EYES:2EARS] functionally equivalent to [BODY:HUMANOID_NECK][BODY:2EYES][BODY:2EARS]?

I'm pretty sure #3 will probably crash the game when the creature is loaded in game. I think the last [BODY] is used.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: July 09, 2019, 11:43:31 pm »

I'm pretty sure #3 will probably crash the game when the creature is loaded in game. I think the last [BODY] is used.

I know that isn't true for castes as any [BODY:XXX] place in a caste will be added on to any creature defined [BODY:YYY], but it may be true for multiple definitions inside the same caste or inside the same creature outside of a caste. If I don't get an answer by the weekend I'll test it out for myself (only can get to a computer that can run DF on the weekends atm)

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: July 10, 2019, 06:09:41 am »

I know that isn't true for castes as any [BODY:XXX] place in a caste will be added on to any creature defined [BODY:YYY], but it may be true for multiple definitions inside the same caste or inside the same creature outside of a caste. If I don't get an answer by the weekend I'll test it out for myself (only can get to a computer that can run DF on the weekends atm)

I thought I just did something similiar last week and it crashed when I tried to spawn the creature because it was trying to call a body part that wasnt defined in one of the [BODY] tokens, but I could be misremembering the error and crash cause.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3818 on: July 10, 2019, 09:47:22 am »

1. You have to define the body parts in the body_xxx.txt files ie [OBJECT:BODY]
2. You can do [BODY:2EYES:2EYES] to give them four, it's just the naming would feel weird, as they'd have two Right and Left eyes, so in combat you don't know "what" left eye as hurt out of the two
3. Yes

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: July 10, 2019, 09:51:00 am »

1. You have to define the body parts in the body_xxx.txt files ie [OBJECT:BODY]
2. You can do [BODY:2EYES:2EYES] to give them four, it's just the naming would feel weird, as they'd have two Right and Left eyes, so in combat you don't know "what" left eye as hurt out of the two
3. Yes

Pretty much as expected, thank you very much. One last question, do connected body parts inherit the left/right tag? For instance, if I were to remove the
from the left hand body part, would it still be treated as on the left side since it is attached to the left arm which does have the
tag?

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: July 10, 2019, 10:22:12 am »

my bad. I guess that crash was caused by something else

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: July 12, 2019, 11:17:46 am »

More questions,

1. Do connected body parts inherit the left/right tag? For instance, if I were to remove the from the left hand body part, would it still be treated as on the left side since it is attached to the left arm which does have the tag?

2. Is there anyway to replicate the [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN] BP_LAYERS, BP_POSITION, and BP_RELATION in the creature raws themselves? I know the ADD_MATERIAL and ADD_TISSUE is basically just a shortcut for USE_MATERIAL/TISSUE_TEMPLATE, wondering if the others have similar ability to be placed directly in the creature and ignore the body detail plan all together?

3. Is there anything that can't be added with creature variation templates?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3822 on: July 12, 2019, 02:58:30 pm »

More questions,

1. Do connected body parts inherit the left/right tag? For instance, if I were to remove the from the left hand body part, would it still be treated as on the left side since it is attached to the left arm which does have the tag?

2. Is there anyway to replicate the [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN] BP_LAYERS, BP_POSITION, and BP_RELATION in the creature raws themselves? I know the ADD_MATERIAL and ADD_TISSUE is basically just a shortcut for USE_MATERIAL/TISSUE_TEMPLATE, wondering if the others have similar ability to be placed directly in the creature and ignore the body detail plan all together?

3. Is there anything that can't be added with creature variation templates?

1. No they do not, Also I'm not sure if LEFT and RIGHT imply they are on that "side" anymore??? It's mainly for Hands (GRASP parts) for "handedness"
but the main answer is no it is not inherited by parent/connected parts. so you will need to add LEFT and RIGHT on parts

2. There are a few that have CREATURE token closeness, but BODY_DETAIL_PLAN as a monopoly on their special features which I will start listing below:
BP_LAYERSThis is a hard one because it does have a CREATURE variant(s) called: TISSUE_LAYER (this one is as close to BP_LAYERS) however BP_LAYERS has a special quirk that TISSUE_LAYER does not, which is to be able to override the defined tissue's thickness an example is "[BP_LAYERS:BY_CATEGORY:SPINE:NERVE:2]" NERVE_TEMPLATE is actually a thickness of "1" which means layered with BP_LAYERS it will be actually thickness "2" however on that Note since the SPINE is only made from NERVE tissue it's still going to be 100% nervous tissue (no other tissue type to ratio against)

The other variants that CREATURE object has is TISSUE_LAYER_OVER which I assume creates a relation with the previous tissue in which it's overtop (Sounds redundant but I believe it's a different relation than two TISSUE_LAYER calls back to back, I believe BP_LAYERS may also be invoking the TISSUE_LAYER_OVER behavior with the extended arg pattern)
TISSUE_LAYER_UNDER is the other one, and it does just that, when you use TISSUE_LAYER (or TISSUE_LAYER_OVER) it's basically stacking the tissues, where TISSUE_LAYER_UNDER nests the new tissue just under the last one place
BP_POSITIONNo CREATURE equivalent this is a BDP only tag
BP_RELATIONNo CREATURE equivalent this is a BDP only tag
ADD_MATERIALthe only one that is 100% related is the one you mentioned already [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE]
there is other tags for material defining in CREATURE like MATERIAL, USE_MATERIAL but they do no require a TEMPLATE to start from like ADD_MATERIAL
ADD_TISSUE you mentioned the right tag already, and like MATERIAL, and USE_MATERIAL there are TISSUE, and USE_TISSUE that function the exact same, just regarding tissues instead of materials.

3. CVs can add, modify, and remove any CREATURE tag you wish. The purpose of them is so you can define quick variant rules do you could rapidly clone other creatures that have those variant details.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: July 12, 2019, 03:25:06 pm »

Thank you, that is very helpful information

Logariter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: July 14, 2019, 03:29:26 am »

Is it possible to make a tissue that will bleed something different to the other tissues?
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 365