Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 365

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 645910 times)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4395 on: March 01, 2020, 12:40:24 am »

What does prone to rage do exactly?

The wiki didnt specify when the percentage to raqe out rolls.  is it when spotting an enemy, when attacking or being attacked, or each tick or?

It's any encounter with a non-friendly creature. This is why badgers will sometimes attack randomly instead of fleeing.

I'm not sure exactly how frequent the rolls are, but even a value of 1 causes quite frequent rages, and 100 causes the creature to instantly rage in any encounter, so it might be every time the unit can make a move.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4396 on: March 02, 2020, 03:36:32 pm »

Does anyone know what impacts distraction effects?  Is there a stat or a trait that causes unfulfilled needs to have a stronger impact?

Taras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4397 on: March 03, 2020, 08:25:13 pm »

How make LAYER_LINKED civs to trade with me?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4398 on: March 03, 2020, 08:39:29 pm »

I'm afraid it's impossible to trade with underground animalmen civs. Gotta make a custom aboveground civ out of them if want caravans.
https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Entity_token#LAYER_LINKED
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Taras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4399 on: March 03, 2020, 09:02:37 pm »

I'm afraid it's impossible to trade with underground animalmen civs. Gotta make a custom aboveground civ out of them if want caravans.
https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Entity_token#LAYER_LINKED
I want trade with LAYER_LINKED because only civs with this tag have materials from levels deeper that first cavern layer (goblins may have creatures from second layer, but in current versions their leader not travel to tame them).

But if trading with LAYER_LINKED is absolutely impossible, how add caravans to civ? Example kobolds or goblins.

Logariter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4400 on: March 04, 2020, 11:54:34 am »

You need to make sure that the civ has either wagon pulling creatures or pack animals, and then make sure the civ is friendly with a player civ.

Beakromancer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4401 on: March 04, 2020, 05:06:08 pm »

How can I make a civ more warlike?
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4402 on: March 04, 2020, 05:32:04 pm »

make their ethics differ more.
give them better acces to materials/resources/biomes/weapons.
make them occupy the same land as their target Civ.
make them stronger in worldgen by giving them a better start (i.e. starting pop)
make them covet power/strength/martial and, if you want to, death.

hacksor their creature raw.  give them acid spit or something.  take away their need to eat and add natural skills.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4403 on: March 04, 2020, 05:34:29 pm »

There are a number of options.  Science is tricky, but I am definitely making progress in making my mod be constant warfare all the time.
Things that seem to work:

Give their civ values that emphasize warfare:
Code: [Select]
[VALUE:PEACE:-50]
[VALUE:MARTIAL_PROWESS:50]
[VALUE:POWER:50]
and the creature a personality that emphasizes violence:
Code: [Select]
[PERSONALITY:ANGER_PROPENSITY:80:90:100]
[PERSONALITY:HATE_PROPENSITY:80:90:100]
[PERSONALITY:VIOLENT:80:90:100]
[PERSONALITY:CRUELTY:80:90:100]
[PERSONALITY:AMBITION:80:90:100]
[PERSONALITY:VENGEFUL:80:90:100]
[PERSONALITY:TRUST:0:10:20]
[PERSONALITY:TOLERANT:0:10:20]

The personality of the leader plays a big part in how the civ responds to situations.  Not much is known about value and personality exact effects but these traits do tend to create a lot of violence and persecution.

If you want them to war against a specific civ, give them opposing values, make them find something UNTHINKABLE that other civs find ACCEPTABLE.  KILL_ANIMAL is a good open candidate for baseline DF.  This is tricky though if you want the civ to be "chaotic evil", lawful evil civs are much more frequently the aggressors.  It is possible that the VENGEFUL personality trait may cause a chaotic civ to retaliate more, though I haven't tested this.

You can also give them religion spheres that oppose the target nation, i.e. LAW against CHAOS, BEAUTY against DEFORMITY, WATER against FIRE.  Civs will sometimes go to war over this.  The TOLERANT trait may affect this, again not well tested.

Also make sure the civ's creatures are strong and they have access to good metals.  Otherwise their aggression will just get them wiped out in worldgen.  Giving my civ giants as war minions seems to help.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4404 on: March 05, 2020, 06:01:03 am »

Good tips, IndigoFenix.
I'd add "make the civ's creature make many offspring", ie. [LITTERSIZE:3:7].
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #4405 on: March 06, 2020, 11:53:10 am »

Can I make a civ have plants unique to it like for animals?
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4406 on: March 06, 2020, 03:30:14 pm »

If they have a reaction to make those plant seeds from a workshop, they'll always be able to commercially sell & bring them with them even if they're only really feasible to have in fortress mode. Offloading plants in extreme & unusual biomes like good alignment ones are helpful in this regard, because under the right conditions you'll see the plant yourself and otherwise you can get it from your trading neighbors.

I learnt this while modding in slow growing elf plants achieved through alchemy horticulture in game to make spontaneously without gathering but were native to good biomes, after a few worldgens they consistently traded it & related goods (within scope) which was pleasing.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 03:32:41 pm by FantasticDorf »

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4407 on: March 06, 2020, 03:44:53 pm »

If they have a reaction to make those plant seeds from a workshop, they'll always be able to commercially sell & bring them with them even if they're only really feasible to have in fortress mode. Offloading plants in extreme & unusual biomes like good alignment ones are helpful in this regard, because under the right conditions you'll see the plant yourself and otherwise you can get it from your trading neighbors.

I learnt this while modding in slow growing elf plants achieved through alchemy horticulture in game to make spontaneously without gathering but were native to good biomes, after a few worldgens they consistently traded it & related goods (within scope) which was pleasing.

Yes, reactions will enable plant availability, you can also change the availability with dfhack, but I think those are the only two ways

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4408 on: March 06, 2020, 03:55:06 pm »

Yes, reactions will enable plant availability, you can also change the availability with dfhack, but I think those are the only two ways

Trees like Glumprongs are also infertile and therefore never actually used by goblins with [USE_EVIL_WOOD] (even for basic things like decorating their armor in rings of glumprong wood) until they are given a constituent seed part (interpreted any way you like, i like to give them nuts for knuckle worms to munch on) allowing future saplings too, a suprising amount of functions run off plants being accessible or having a industrial purpose to not be irrelevant.

Silver barbs for instance are only industrially relevant if they can be eaten, brewed or cooked, then in any such scenario you roll up as a site hailing from a evil region (evil mountain wouldn't be uncommon) with [USE_EVIL_PLANTS] you'll have your civilians predisposed to wearing black garbs & exporting the dye. Dimple cups get a free pass, because the seeds are cookable or local underground conditions making it very 'in their face'.

Emperor Sheev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4409 on: March 08, 2020, 08:20:05 pm »

I've modded in a creature with a large shell that, using the special butcher tag, is supposed to drop a boulder. When I tested this, butchering it only gave me the normal products. Does anyone have a good idea as to why? Here are the raws.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
edit: I also didn't get anything in the error log besides some issues with the color tags, which shouldn't be affecting the butchering results.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 08:23:50 pm by Emperor Sheev »
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 365