Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 363

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 641358 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4440 on: March 13, 2020, 10:09:21 pm »

It's canonically a creature of pure evil, maybe petting wasn't desirable for it because of that.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4441 on: March 13, 2020, 11:23:44 pm »

Can anyone figure out why this creature refuses to spawn in arena mode?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I know its at least making it to the finalizing stage, the game generates an error if its missing a tissue for example.
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: March 13, 2020, 11:30:24 pm »

If it is missing it tissues it may not be available.  Look at the error log and add the appropriate creature and tissue mats.

Try adding creature and tissue mats instead of using them.  Then use body detail plans to specify how tissues and mats layer.

Heres my caccodemon, which would gen errors similar to what you seem to describe:
Spoiler: cacco (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: mats specifically (click to show/hide)
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: March 13, 2020, 11:37:47 pm »

The error log is currently clean. The missing tissue error was because I deliberately removed one to see if the game was even trying to do anything with it.
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: March 14, 2020, 05:01:41 am »

Does anyone know what the creatures with the new [CAN_DO_INTERACTION:PET_ANIMAL] interaction all have in common?
I believe the rule was that any creature who had the spit interaction also gets the pet interaction.

Can anyone figure out why this creature refuses to spawn in arena mode?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I know its at least making it to the finalizing stage, the game generates an error if its missing a tissue for example.
You can spawn them, and they are available. You just missed defining any CASTE_NAMEs, which are used for the arena mode spawn listings (you'll currently find them listed as "nothing").

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #4445 on: March 14, 2020, 10:33:22 am »

Does anyone know what the creatures with the new [CAN_DO_INTERACTION:PET_ANIMAL] interaction all have in common?
I believe the rule was that any creature who had the spit interaction also gets the pet interaction.
Arguably an oversight, I imagine the reason Foul Blendecs can't spit is because they of their supposed lack of a normal skin-covered mouth cavity, and that doesn't have anything to do with their ability to pet.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #4446 on: March 14, 2020, 10:36:35 am »

My modded "primitive" civ has BANDITRY:100 (so they all live in camps), but the token doesn't seem to have any effect... in fact they get no bandits at all. Help?
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4447 on: March 14, 2020, 01:34:20 pm »

My modded "primitive" civ has BANDITRY:100 (so they all live in camps), but the token doesn't seem to have any effect... in fact they get no bandits at all. Help?
Also using LOCAL_BANDITRY tag? which makes the civ ambush any race adventurer. https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Entity_token
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: March 14, 2020, 11:13:51 pm »

Also using LOCAL_BANDITRY tag? which makes the civ ambush any race adventurer. https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Entity_token
But humans have bandit camps without that tag, so it can't be it.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: March 14, 2020, 11:15:22 pm »

But humans have bandit camps without that tag, so it can't be it.
Local_Banditry has nothing to do with bandits. It just makes gangs of people from regular sites out to kill player controlled adventurers.

Morning_Oak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4450 on: March 15, 2020, 07:19:28 pm »

How can I get a custom race added to the "specify size" roster of creatures when making specially sized armor? I made a minotaur race that is non-megabeast and has all the traits necessary to join civs, assign labors etc. and they work just fine for my needs.My issue is, I can't get them in the list of available creatures so my dwarves can forge them armor or clothin, unless I make them do it personally at the workshop. I only want 1 or 2 in my fort at most, and they were meant to be military oriented, not skilled in crafts so the armor they make is trash.

chipathingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4451 on: March 17, 2020, 05:51:42 am »

How do I change the chitin on the head of a creature to metal? I have defined a tissue already (ARMOR) that uses the bronze template in the creature
Author of Fantastic Fantasy Fortress (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=180748.0)

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4452 on: March 17, 2020, 06:57:10 am »

How do I change the chitin on the head of a creature to metal? I have defined a tissue already (ARMOR) that uses the bronze template in the creature

I do this by making custom body detail plan. There you can specify on which parts of body are which layers (represented by numbers), and in the creature you specify which layer is which tissue.

I use this way, maybe there's something better outta there, I don't know. It works.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4453 on: March 17, 2020, 08:35:19 am »

Set the tissue layer by its category. I don't know the category for head chitin / head skin.
[TISSUE:ROCKGAR]
      [TISSUE_NAME:marble:NP]
      [TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:MARBLE]
      [MUSCULAR]      [FUNCTIONAL]      [STRUCTURAL]      [RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]      [CONNECTS]      [TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:ROCKGAR] --bam! It's set.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4454 on: March 18, 2020, 06:20:08 am »

So some of my creatures have bones in their heads and upper bodies in addition to skulls and ribcages, other creatures seem to not have the same, what causes this?
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 363