Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 364

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 645186 times)

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4470 on: March 29, 2020, 03:20:24 pm »

Question: Have we figured out what has been causing world-gen crashes when there are too many civs or something?

Kingra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4471 on: March 29, 2020, 04:11:54 pm »

Question: Have we figured out what has been causing world-gen crashes when there are too many civs or something?
It's apparently [No_eat] and [No_drink] that does it

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4472 on: March 29, 2020, 07:57:28 pm »

Civ with NO_EAT and fisher jobs, crashes worldgen.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4473 on: March 30, 2020, 04:40:31 am »

But only if values Leisure_Time and Merriment are more than zero (which is why goblins don't crash despite having No_eat and permitted_job:Fish_cleaner).

It's a weird one!

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4474 on: March 30, 2020, 02:43:58 pm »

Maybe I already asked but isn't there a way how to use a creature in a reaction? I know I could get around this by creating a special item that the said creature drops, but what if it is a sentient creature? Any ideas?

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4475 on: March 30, 2020, 05:01:42 pm »

But only if values Leisure_Time and Merriment are more than zero (which is why goblins don't crash despite having No_eat and permitted_job:Fish_cleaner).

It's a weird one!

Alright, so... what causes crashes (to my understanding)

>NO_EAT
>PERMITTED_JOB:FISH_CLEANER
>LEISURE_TIME and MERRIMENT values greater than 0

...Why this combination?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4476 on: March 30, 2020, 06:17:27 pm »

>NO_EAT >PERMITTED_JOB:FISH_CLEANER
>LEISURE_TIME and MERRIMENT values greater than 0
...Why this combination?
Probably too many fish get stored and never eaten, (leisure causes more fishing than usual), maybe over 65000 stored, and the C++ crashes.
Probably can be fixed with a "if too many food in a site, delete some food" code modification.
If there are no fish_cleaners, then some fish counter is never increased.

Maybe I already asked but isn't there a way how to use a creature in a reaction? I know I could get around this by creating a special item that the said creature drops, but what if it is a sentient creature? Any ideas?
Cannot even command a "skill level of 10 is needed to do this reaction". All the specs are at http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Reaction#Reagents .
What if the creature emitted a gas constantly? "you need to be in cow farts cloud to do reaction." Not possible.
Creature's gas transforms item to another item? I think not possible.
If a reagent rotted super quickly? Can't command rotting/vermingnaw speeds.

Use sentient by it doing a greeting type reaction [CAN_DO_INTERACTION:BP_BUMP] that drops an item? (syndrome self-transform drop bodypart?)
Or the sentient shoots out a web rarely, and reaction uses the Special_Web(eg. swearwords strands/holyessence strands).

I think optimal might be requiring many special milk or special wool from non-sentient creature. Or many eggs from nestbox.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 06:29:56 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

chipathingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4477 on: March 31, 2020, 04:45:40 am »

I'm trying to make a creature with stone skin with magma insides, but it immediately shatters and dies in the arena as soon as it spawns. It has [HOMEOTHERM:140000] [HOMEOTHERM:14000] and here is the rest of the relevent raws:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The stone skin template is copy-pasted from obsidian with an increased melting temperature.
I previously just had the HARD_MAGMA tissue use INORGANIC:OBSIDIAN, but all the parts melted and the creature survived. I added the template and ended up where I am now. The error log says I have some undefined tissues, but it's just nerves and claws
Can someone let me know what I've done wrong? Thanks

Figured it out - the heart and brain were made of obsidian and they were melting.
Now I'm getting "undefined local creature material set to default: THE_WARRIOR HARD_MAGMA" in the errorlog, any idea why?

Follow up question: how do I give it claws made of the same HARD_MAGMA?
Author of Fantastic Fantasy Fortress (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=180748.0)

Logariter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4478 on: April 03, 2020, 05:12:09 pm »

What happens when a creature with liquid tissues is butchered?

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4479 on: April 03, 2020, 05:13:56 pm »

The defiler caste is not available in arena mode for some reason. The error log doesn't mention it.
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

chipathingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4480 on: April 04, 2020, 01:49:12 am »

The defiler caste is not available in arena mode for some reason. The error log doesn't mention it.
Here's the error:
I assume the bit after the empty space is meant to be another caste, but the game thinks it's all part of the same one. The second CASTE_NAME is probably overwriting the first one
Author of Fantastic Fantasy Fortress (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=180748.0)

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4481 on: April 04, 2020, 10:20:40 am »

Here's the error:
I assume the bit after the empty space is meant to be another caste, but the game thinks it's all part of the same one. The second CASTE_NAME is probably overwriting the first one
...how did I not notice that I put the defiler inside of another caste?
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

Vorox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4482 on: April 05, 2020, 08:34:11 am »

My game crashes during worldgen at  "Creating Civilizations".
I have several custom entities, none of them have NO_EAT, none of them start in an ocean, there is nothing in errorlog.txt
It seems that not every entity causes a  crash. I can generate worlds with "very few" civlizations and most of my custom ones show up. More civilizations pretty much always crashes, and very few sometimes crashes too. I think I might have found the problematic entity, but I have no idea what could be wrong with it.

So if anyone knows what generally tends to cause these crashes (other than the noeat thing) please tell
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 08:48:59 am by Vorox »
Vorox likes gremlins for their tears.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4483 on: April 05, 2020, 08:41:06 am »

I have several custom entities, none of them have NO_EAT, none of them start in an ocean, there is nothing in errorlog.txt
It seems that not every entity causes a  crash. I can generate worlds with "very few" civlizations and most of my custom ones show up. More civilizations pretty much always crashes, and very few sometimes crashes too. I think I might have found the problematic entity, but I have no idea what could be wrong with it.

So if anyone knows what generally tends to cause these crashes (other than the noeat thing) please tell
Do you have any dark_fortress civs which are very different to goblins? There's various crashes related to adding/adjusting positions in dark_fortress civs I think.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4484 on: April 05, 2020, 08:46:42 am »

May we see the raws of your civilizations so that we can analyze them and see what the dilemma may be?
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 364