Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 365

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 645859 times)

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4980 on: March 19, 2021, 11:34:52 am »

Does anyone know if it is possible for dwarves/whatever to get the Alchemist profession title? I've given the entity [PERMITTED_JOB:ALCHEMIST], but units with alchemy as their highest skill aren't listed as alchemists. They get whatever other skill they have.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4981 on: March 19, 2021, 04:57:23 pm »

You know, I've used it for years leaving alchemy reactions on repeat but dont recall seeing an alchemist either, it might be busted.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4982 on: March 25, 2021, 06:59:18 pm »

How do you add stuff like markings and the like to a creature? I'm trying to make a creature with a face that's a different color than the rest of them or so, based vaguely on one of my races in Stellaris. Like I want to separate the face and the rest of the body in terms of colors.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 07:15:52 pm by Asin »

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #4983 on: March 25, 2021, 11:29:40 pm »

For a different colored face you'd set the general skin color, then select the skin on the face or head to give its own color set.  Check out the colors in the dog definition for an example.
Code: [Select]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:HAIR]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BLACK:1:BROWN:1:WHITE:1:GRAY:1:LIGHT_BROWN:1] (shortened in example)
[TLCM_NOUN:head:SINGULAR]
Unless your creature has fur, you'd be using skin instead of hair.  You could include a CATEGORY:FACE body part in the body definition or just color the head and use 'face' for the TLCM_NOUN.  The dog definition selects body and legs for the general hair color, but I believe you can just color everything as normal and then the followup color on a specific part will overrule it.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4984 on: March 26, 2021, 12:41:21 pm »

So, an example would be replacing HAIR with SKIN or something? It's been a long while since I've done some proper modding. ^^;

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4985 on: March 27, 2021, 08:18:03 pm »

So, an example would be replacing HAIR with SKIN or something? It's been a long while since I've done some proper modding. ^^;
Rattlesnake example, scales
[SELECT_CASTE:ALL]
   [SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SCALE]
      [TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:STRIPES_BROWN_WHITE:1]  [TLCM_NOUN:scales:PLURAL]
   [SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:EYE]
      [TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BLACK:1]  [TLCM_NOUN:eyes:PLURAL]

Cheating with noun:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #4986 on: March 28, 2021, 02:39:10 am »

Cheating with noun:
Wouldn’t that give you ”Its and black striped chitin is yellow/orange.”?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4987 on: March 28, 2021, 02:05:28 pm »

Maybe change it to "chitin is striped black and" which should print "his chitin is striped black and orange"
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

5sanon

• Escaped Lunatic
  • be kobold do crime
    • View Profile
« Reply #4988 on: March 29, 2021, 11:03:12 pm »

how do i make it so that blood doesn't state the species of the creature it came from?
She personally does not respect the law, has great respect for fairness, finds the following of tradition foolish and limiting and believes that freedom and independence are completely non-negotiable and would fight to defend them.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4989 on: March 30, 2021, 07:09:15 pm »

Hmm. I think you could make a custom material for that?

I don't recall if it will still put the creature name in front. Like if you gave it molten steel for blood, it might still be like "Dwarf Molten Steel". I know I've done this sort of thing but I can't recall how it displays.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Liquidpip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4990 on: March 30, 2021, 08:56:37 pm »

how do i make it so that blood doesn't state the species of the creature it came from?

You can use [PREFIX:NONE] under the [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE] tag or any other material you're using for the blood. You can only use this in creature definitions though so unfortunately you can't make every blood without a prefix by giving it to the blood template. Same with creature/plant extracts, tears, sweat, hair, and almost any tissue including leather and parchment like the one used in cows.

If the blood is inside a body detail plan you can call it out with [SELECT_MATERIAL:BLOOD] and put the [PREFIX:NONE] under it.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4991 on: March 31, 2021, 02:13:24 pm »

That's a much better answer
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Aurum System

• Bay Watcher
  • (Gai, and others) (They/Them collectively)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4992 on: April 02, 2021, 01:09:05 pm »

Quick question? Will it cause any issues to have no positions or variable positions besides fortress mode utility positions?
With the few other positions that visit your fort in fort mode are elected instead, trying to make a little to no hierarchy civ but still be able to use the various management screens and make a milita, and don't particularly want to have all the generated positions as well.
Our current attempt seems to cause random world-gen crashes at about 30-60 years in, or sometimes randomly after that. We're unsure if it's becuase it's missing a required position (no lawmaker or something) or if that's as a result of us missing something in making these raws. Currently it's based on PLAINS and MOUNTIAN

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4993 on: April 02, 2021, 04:36:47 pm »

Try making sure the precedence values are all unique, and maybe give the mayor law making responsibility.

And write in a fixed -5 to the merriment and leisure time values, the "too many fish" crash bug related to fishing+leisure time/merriment is still not fixed.

It doesn't look like there's actually anything wrong with the civ otherwise.
I make Spellcrafts!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4994 on: April 02, 2021, 05:09:07 pm »

Try making sure the precedence values are all unique, and maybe give the mayor law making responsibility.

And write in a fixed -5 to the merriment and leisure time values, the "too many fish" crash bug related to fishing+leisure time/merriment is still not fixed.

It doesn't look like there's actually anything wrong with the civ otherwise.
Or remove NO_EAT from your goblins. That should work too.
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 365