Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 364

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 645253 times)

Thelogman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4995 on: April 14, 2021, 10:18:28 pm »

Do we know anything specific about how religion entity spheres impact the development of that civilization?

I've noticed that [TRICKERY] - aligned deities and religions tend to spread very well in the current build due to the historical tendency of more deceptive individuals to spread their religion. While modding in some extra secrets I attached all of them to the [WISDOM] sphere and gave that sphere to my dwarves, to ensure they'd have access to all of them, and while I didn't seem to have done much to spread the secrets (apart from giving access as planned), but I'm getting far more Legendary ranked scholars and Legendary dwarves than I usually would (nearly 50% of my migrants legendary in something, and many have very well developed scholar skills).

The wiki doesn't seem to have information on how spheres impact civs and the members of those civs, but I have to wonder how deep this goes. Are civs with martial spheres (victory, war, revenge) more likely to war? Do civs with creativity spheres (dance, festivals, art) create more art forms?

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4996 on: April 15, 2021, 06:56:11 pm »

How do I make dragons breed in worldgen like rocs do?
Also, how do I make sentient dragons stop dying in wars after taking over a site?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 11:46:45 pm by ChaosPotato »
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

boxxu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4997 on: May 16, 2021, 04:15:30 am »

Heya!
I'm trying to make a Genie like creature who has no legs and has a gas coming out of their lower body instead . I tried to do this by having the creature target itself with an interaction where it emits the gas. The wiki makes it sound like if I omit the USAGE_HINT token then it should just do the interaction all the time but that doesn't seem to be the case and it instead only does it whenever the creature is in combat. Is there a better way to go about this?

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4998 on: May 16, 2021, 04:36:31 am »

You can use undirected gas interaction type which will make it use the interaction automatically, without control. I haven't worked with them much, but maybe if you'll give it no cooldown it will do it all the time... Don't know.

It would definitely do the interaction outside the combat as well, I am just not sure about how often.

boxxu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4999 on: May 16, 2021, 05:54:44 am »

You can use undirected gas interaction type which will make it use the interaction automatically, without control. I haven't worked with them much, but maybe if you'll give it no cooldown it will do it all the time... Don't know.

It would definitely do the interaction outside the combat as well, I am just not sure about how often.

That's exactly what I've done but it doesn't have the desired effect. :( The creature will stand around not doing the interaction, then as soon as combat starts it'll continually do it- at least in the testing arena.

[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
       [CDI:ADV_NAME:Djinn gas trail]
       [CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:BODY_LOWER]
       [CDI:MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:GAS:UNDIRECTED_GAS]
       [CDI:TARGET:C:SELF_ONLY ]
      [CDI:FREE_ACTION]

Is there something I'm missing?

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5000 on: May 16, 2021, 06:04:50 am »

That's strange... I am sure it worked outside the arena too, I've found such creature of mine in a civic mound of hillocks, where it held high priesthood or something, and it spammed the interaction while just hanging out and talking to people. It was actually pretty annoying, because of all the announcements of people being hit by the gas.

I can't check the original interaction at the moment, I'll try to as soon as possible and post it. I've been creating these interactions by editing stuff like vanilla fireballs and molten rock spitting, so it had a bunch more tokens for sure. Maybe it needs a cooldown? Not sure.

Edit: Can't find it  :( The most recent codes of this interaction use trailing gas flow for some reason, so now I'm really confused why did I observed the stuff I did in-game. Could be a buggy mess cuz the creature was a sentient megabeast, but whatever it was, I am really flabbergasted. Guess I can't help you.

Maybe the last thing you could try is to make Undirected gas attack directly from some vanilla attack interaction like I did. From your code I can tell you've been building the interaction from scratch, I am not very good at that.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 06:14:30 am by Quaksna »

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5001 on: May 16, 2021, 06:08:51 am »

That's exactly what I've done but it doesn't have the desired effect. :( The creature will stand around not doing the interaction, then as soon as combat starts it'll continually do it- at least in the testing arena.

[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
       [CDI:ADV_NAME:Djinn gas trail]
       [CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:BODY_LOWER]
       [CDI:MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:GAS:UNDIRECTED_GAS]
       [CDI:TARGET:C:SELF_ONLY ]
      [CDI:FREE_ACTION]

Is there something I'm missing?
Just be mindful that spamming material emission will also spam your gamelog. This is twice as bad in adventure mode where getting hit with a lot of gas might force you to press enter a few times to get through the text every step.

However, if you intend to go this route. During testing an idea for adventure mode reproduction, i discovered that USAGE_HINT:GREETING or w/e does work with target SELF_ONLY and even outside of combat, at least in the arena.

EDIT: For continous flow of something an interaction isn't even the optimal way to go. The best way to do this is by using SECRETION and putting the following line into your creature entry: [SECRETION:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:GAS:BY_CATEGORY:BODY_LOWER:ALL:CONTINUOUS]
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 06:28:08 am by Strik3r »
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5002 on: May 16, 2021, 06:29:02 am »

Heya!
I'm trying to make a Genie like creature who has no legs and has a gas coming out of their lower body instead . I tried to do this by having the creature target itself with an interaction where it emits the gas. The wiki makes it sound like if I omit the USAGE_HINT token then it should just do the interaction all the time but that doesn't seem to be the case and it instead only does it whenever the creature is in combat. Is there a better way to go about this?
Most interactions are only used in combat, so that won't work. What you should use is the SECRETION token, which is the intended/ideal method for things like this.

boxxu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5003 on: May 16, 2021, 06:51:56 am »

Heya!
Most interactions are only used in combat, so that won't work. What you should use is the SECRETION token, which is the intended/ideal method for things like this.
Aaah this works perfectly! Many thanks to both you and the others that tried to help :D

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5004 on: May 30, 2021, 01:14:40 pm »

Heyo. I'm running into an issue with one of my modded creatures. Whenever it spawns into the arena, it just falls over immediately to the 'crawling' state and refuses to get back up. No injures show up in the description, and the error log is completely blank, but the tile keeps flashing between the creature icon and the red '+' of major injury, so I'm at something of a loss a to what may be causing it not to work. Anyone able to help?

Spoiler: Creature Raws (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Body raws (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 01:19:53 pm by Quantum Drop »
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5005 on: May 30, 2021, 02:26:28 pm »

I believe it needs a brain to stand correctly, try adding that, or if you dont want a brain, add NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5006 on: May 30, 2021, 03:15:57 pm »

That looks to have been the issue, yeah. Added the brain in and tidied up the raws, and it works perfectly. Thanks.
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

golemgunk

• Bay Watcher
  • you are melting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5007 on: June 09, 2021, 07:25:20 am »

I'm trying to get a creature to spread vampirism with a bite during worldgen, and I can see it happening and passing on the syndrome, but the new vampires it makes don't seem to act like vampires. They're still called "vampire" in their name, so it seems like it's spreading properly, but after they get bit their lives go on normally without getting chased out of town or getting a long list of kills from feeding over time.

The interaction I'm using is mostly just pasted from the example folder, but:
Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:FERAL_VAMP_CURSE]

[I_SOURCE:INGESTION]
[IS_HIST_STRING_1: consumed the tainted blood of ]
[IS_HIST_STRING_2: and was cursed to prowl the night in search of blood]
[I_SOURCE:ATTACK]
[IS_HIST_STRING_1: bit ]
[IS_HIST_STRING_2:, and was cursed to prowl the night in search of blood]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[IT_REQUIRES:CAN_LEARN]
[IT_REQUIRES:HAS_BLOOD]
[IT_FORBIDDEN:NOT_LIVING]
[IT_FORBIDDEN:SUPERNATURAL]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:WERECURSE]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:VAMPCURSE]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:DISTURBANCE_CURSE]
[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:feral vampire's curse]
[SYN_CLASS:VAMPCURSE]
[CE_ADD_TAG:BLOODSUCKER:NO_AGING:STERILE:NOT_LIVING:NOEXERT:NOPAIN:NOBREATHE:NOSTUN:NONAUSEA:NO_DIZZINESS:NO_FEVERS:PARALYZEIMMUNE:NO_EAT:NO_DRINK:NO_SLEEP:NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN:NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST:START:0]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:200:0:AGILITY:200:0:TOUGHNESS:200:0:START:0]
[CE_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:MAT_MULT:NONE:NONE:1:2]
[CE_BODY_MAT_INTERACTION:MAT_TOKEN:RESERVED_BLOOD:START:0]
[CE:INTERACTION:FERAL_VAMP_CURSE]
[CE:SYNDROME_TAG:SYN_INGESTED]
[CE:SYNDROME_TAG:SYN_INJECTED]
[CE_DISPLAY_TILE:TILE:165:4:0:0:START:0:CAN_BE_HIDDEN]
[CE_DISPLAY_NAME:NAME:vampire:vampires:vampiric:START:0:CAN_BE_HIDDEN]
[CE_BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:START:0:BP:BY_CATEGORY:TOOTH:APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:150]
[CE:COUNTER_TRIGGER:DRINKING_BLOOD:1:NONE:REQUIRED]
[CE_SENSE_CREATURE_CLASS:START:0:CLASS:GENERAL_POISON:15:4:0:1]

I don't need the new vampires it creates to be bite-spreaders too, but I don't know what's stopping them from doing regular vampire stuff during worldgen.

9joseph9

• Bay Watcher
  • no poker face whatsoever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5008 on: June 11, 2021, 04:08:40 am »

I have an entity related question. I want a civ that only generates fortresses and mountain halls, no hillocks. Is there a way to do this? And if so, is there a way to make them generate more mountain halls and fewer fortresses?

Sorry if this or a similar question was already asked here. My search gave me replies that, while helping me learn some things about mountain hall civs, hasn't gotten me what I want.
It is by my will alone I set my dwarves into motion

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5009 on: June 11, 2021, 04:47:43 am »

If I am not mistaken the way civs of [CAVE_DETAILED] site type work is that sites in mountains become fortresses, and in other biomes hillocks, except for the Mountainhome (the very first site spawned with the civ), which is a fortress regardless of biome.

I once had a civ like this, which started in a swamp, but was forbidden to settle in mountains. The result was that there was only the one initial fortress in the swamp, and from then on the civ was creating just hillocks.

Now that was a while back so I don't know if new versions would do the same results, also recently new sites like forts and monasteries were added so those will probably generate always alongside the normal ones, don't know.

You can try making a mountain biome civ only, but I can't guarantee the outcome. I would wait for someone more knowledgeable.
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 364