Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 362

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 635066 times)

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #5055 on: August 16, 2021, 05:36:40 pm »

Will the drow outcasts attack my fortress, because they're a babysnatcher entity, or will they not attack because they're the same race ?
How can I adjust entities so that the drow outcasts and normal drow civs are hostile to each other ?

Depends on the exact values and ethics but [BABYSNATCHER] essentially slaps a big negative penalty to diplomatic status, which you could consider a "team" of civilizations, further diversified by what they believe in. Its a easy enough fix to put a big malus, but if they're very similar they could possibly breach over their differences to combat a larger threat than themselves with a alliance.

Hmm. I did see, with one of the other playable races, that the neighbours info had "drows" and "drows----" when looking at the embark. Selecting the drow race as my civ, just had "drows" as the neighbours.

Are the values and ethics something that can be fiddled with in an existing save ?

If not, I suppose I could just sack one of their nearby sites to start a war...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5056 on: August 16, 2021, 07:47:47 pm »

Don't think ethics can be recalculated during play (if you don't have to regenerative, I bet you'd at least have to retire/abandon and restart.) You can definitely start your own wars though, no problem. Except the raid crash bug, but that doesn't happen every time, so save before sending a raid and disable autosaves until your raid comes back so you can revert if it crashes.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5057 on: August 17, 2021, 07:13:31 am »

Hmm. I did see, with one of the other playable races, that the neighbours info had "drows" and "drows----" when looking at the embark. Selecting the drow race as my civ, just had "drows" as the neighbours.

Are the values and ethics something that can be fiddled with in an existing save ?

If not, I suppose I could just sack one of their nearby sites to start a war...

A) The fact they're both populated by drows means that their race-name (the last value in [NAME:drow:drows:drow]) will feature there, so if you want to differentiate them in order to pick-apart your politics more visibly, you might need to make drow outcasts a different creature entirely.

B) No it can't be fidded with, RAWS are preloaded into the game on world creation so that they can be ported intact (minus any bits that require external 3rd party programs like DFhack) between users. Making new raws/fixes often requires new worlds but you can save the world seed afterwards of generating something you like.

a cautionary word of advice also is that the ETHIC result of "ONLY_IF_SANCTIONED" is prohibitive in how it is used, meaning that usually it stops a entity from doing that activity normally, dwarves for example never declare war on the goblins they hate because they have a [ETHIC:KILL_ENEMY:ONLY_IF_SANCTIONED].

C) It doesn't generate the same level of response that a siege trigger does, but raids do work to get their attention. If you dont know what group you're sending them to because they're all labelled "Drow" you could just be raiding your own civ however.

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5058 on: August 17, 2021, 09:54:42 am »

A) The fact they're both populated by drows means that their race-name (the last value in [NAME:drow:drows:drow]) will feature there, so if you want to differentiate them in order to pick-apart your politics more visibly, you might need to make drow outcasts a different creature entirely.

C) It doesn't generate the same level of response that a siege trigger does, but raids do work to get their attention. If you dont know what group you're sending them to because they're all labelled "Drow" you could just be raiding your own civ however.

Well, I also have an entity of "high elves" that use metals, and a couple of differently styled human entities, and on the embark screen, the neighbours would in some places show two entries for Elves, indicating both the normal elves and the modded ones would be present, same for the humans. Which only added to my confusion.

I know which one I'm sending them to, because I looked the maps up in legendsviewer, so know that X neighbouring drow civ is an outcast one, having "law-giver" and other generated positions, rather than the regular drow matriarch and priestess positions etc.

My fortress is near to sites from an outcast drow civ, so I did kind of expect to see two entries for drows in the neighbours list, but perhaps the game doesn't quite expect that kind of thing.

Oh well, we'll see how it goes.

Useful information though, about the ethics. Something to keep in mind for tuning my mod later.

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5059 on: September 02, 2021, 08:42:05 pm »

Can a fortress civ have the [LAYER_LINKED] tag?

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5060 on: September 03, 2021, 10:03:13 am »

Can a fortress civ have the [LAYER_LINKED] tag?
Last I heard, if you embark as a layer-linked civ you get access to stuff in all three cavern layers instead of just the first. Not sure how feasible that is, though.

VABritto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5061 on: September 03, 2021, 08:58:22 pm »

Hey there! I was trying to mod humans and elves to make their civilizations more interesting to read in legends mode. But for some reason I managed to remove them from the game entirely. Do any of you have any idea why that happened? Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

This is the forest entity I made:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

VABritto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5062 on: September 03, 2021, 08:59:12 pm »

Hey there! I was trying to mod humans and elves to make their civilizations more interesting to read in legends mode. But for some reason I managed to remove them from the game entirely. Do any of you have any idea why that happened? Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

And this is the plains entity I made:

VABritto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5063 on: September 03, 2021, 08:59:54 pm »

For contrast, this is the evil entity I modded (mostly taken from the github of a guy who modded goblins before), and it is currently working:

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5064 on: September 04, 2021, 05:25:57 am »

I was trying to mod humans and elves to make their civilizations more interesting to read in legends mode. But for some reason I managed to remove them from the game entirely.

Your elves and humans are missing [OBJECT:ENTITY] from the top (it should come before [ENTITY:<name>]).

VABritto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5065 on: September 04, 2021, 10:32:04 am »

It worked! Thank you very much!

The only problem I have now is one that I also have in vanilla. It seems that most of the rulers and site leaders in legends mode rarely reproduce at all. Do you guys know of anyway to increase the chances that they actually reproduce and that their children actually inherit their inheritable titles? Or is it a hardcoded problem?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #5066 on: September 05, 2021, 10:03:18 am »

leaders in legends mode rarely reproduce at all. Do you guys know of anyway to increase the chances that they actually reproduce and that their children actually inherit their inheritable titles? Or is it a hardcoded problem?
It's hardcoded, unless "this species makes 10 kids per pregnancy (littersize 10:10)" change fixes the issue.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

UtranT

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5067 on: October 02, 2021, 06:00:36 pm »

Is there a way make creature explode or implode using syndromes? And how would one be able to attach that to an attack using a body part like a finger or nail, if possible?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5068 on: October 03, 2021, 02:29:43 am »

The least convoluted idea I can come up with is using an undirected-dust material emission, requiring the use of a finger, on an adjacent target. It would imply throwing around and injuring both the target and caster.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Alyfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5069 on: October 05, 2021, 08:22:45 pm »

Alright after years of playing I've decided to try dipping my toes into modding things other than removing animal_people and making the gem list smaller.

Can a creature, lets say a dwarf as an example, have more than three body_size entries?

[BODY_SIZE:0:0:3000]
   [BODY_SIZE:1:168:15000]
   [BODY_SIZE:12:0:50000]

Those of course are the standard ones, but is it possible to put other intermediate ones in? like:

[BODY_SIZE:8:0:40000]
   [BODY_SIZE:15:0:60000]

or do they have to have the same number as the number of age categories (baby, child adult)?
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 362