Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 364

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 644738 times)

Cervisomant

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #5220 on: August 08, 2022, 09:32:03 am »

For everyone interested concerning my post about the not working civ-changes:
The creature-changes were not implemented because for some odd reason the concerning raws were unmodified. I don't know how and when that happened because both of the location paths for the entity and the creature i posted here were copied from the explorer-window and i just deleted the irrelevant/semi-personal bits before posting and the entity-changes were modified and worked. Still have no idea how that 300+ year-old queen came to happen, according to the raws it shouldn't have. As i said i have no idea how this happened but pasting the modded raws and creating a new world worked fine and predictable this time.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm just happy that the cause of the problem is not the game i guess...

chipathingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5221 on: August 29, 2022, 12:27:55 am »

I'm having some trouble getting a civ to spawn.
The idea is that they're an evil magical race that live in the cold parts of the world
The creature is a tweaked elf, that is also OPPOSED_TO_LIFE
They are supposed to spawn here:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They also have a bunch of rare castes that are tied to leadership positions, but I have another not-evil civ with the same thing that seems to be spawning ok.
Any ideas?
Author of Fantastic Fantasy Fortress (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=180748.0)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5222 on: August 29, 2022, 12:27:48 pm »

There's nothing about that that looks off, whats the rest of the entity file look like?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #5223 on: September 06, 2022, 08:02:47 am »

If you comment out the OPPOSEDTOLIFE, do they spawn? Maybe that hinders babymaking.
I would try pasting a vanilla female elf into civ then check again.

Or, maybe they die out super quick due to cold region(food or water low). Try same civ but in jungle.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5224 on: September 07, 2022, 02:34:16 pm »

I am trying to give my harmsters a subservient species, like how goblins have trolls. Both harmsters and their servants have [EVIL], and the servants also have the [SLOW_LEARNER] and [CAN_LEARN].

Do the servants have to spawn in the world? I made them spawn on all land biomes except freezing ones, but that didn't worked out. They do not spawn at all.

I included them on the civilisation entity of Harmsters because the wiki said that allows multispecies civs, but that also failed.

What do I do?
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Gnomedevourer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5225 on: September 07, 2022, 04:05:20 pm »

I am trying to give my harmsters a subservient species, like how goblins have trolls. Both harmsters and their servants have [EVIL], and the servants also have the [SLOW_LEARNER] and [CAN_LEARN].
I gave my trogs only slowlearner and that seemed (I didn't do a ton of testing) to make them pets, but still capable of learning things slowly I'm pretty sure can_learn+[slow_learner] makes tame-gremlin like behavior???(be weary cause I'm not 100% sure)
Do the servants have to spawn in the world? I made them spawn on all land biomes except freezing ones, but that didn't worked out. They do not spawn at all.

I included them on the civilisation entity of Harmsters because the wiki said that allows multispecies civs, but that also failed.
okay so the last bit would make them take the place of the harmsters in the civ (so instead of the harmsters ruling, it'd be the creature(s))
you can make the creatures have a creature-class so you can use some of the entity tokens to make them always have them I think (not fully sure, but I'm doing my best)
tried to balance a mod, once upon a time, fell and scraped my knee, ain't doing that again.

chipathingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5226 on: September 17, 2022, 06:17:12 am »

I modded in a necromancy secret where they raise skeletons instead of zombies, which seems to work great!
The necros reanimate a body then have a transform interaction where the zombie turns into a skeleton creature I have made (a tweaked ZM5 skeleton).
However, when they sieged me all the skeletons immediately dropped all of their equipment as soon as they arrived on screen, including armour and weapons.
They also had no body armour for some reason.
Any idea why?

Skeleton raws:
Custom body part raws:
Author of Fantastic Fantasy Fortress (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=180748.0)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5227 on: September 17, 2022, 03:02:40 pm »

I bet the game didn't process that they'd been transformed until they arrived, so they came wearing equipment, transformed as they arrived, which caused them to drop all the equipment, and there's nothing queueing them up to grab their equipment again.

Alternatively, you could give the skeleton creature weapon and armor body parts and drop the equips tag. They might still bring equipment anyway and just dump it on the map edge, your dwarves won't be able to recover it until they're defeated, effectively. Otherwosw there's nothing you can do besides drop the transformation.

My necromancers summon skeletons instead, but raise corpses as they are.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

chipathingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5228 on: September 17, 2022, 04:40:32 pm »

I bet the game didn't process that they'd been transformed until they arrived, so they came wearing equipment, transformed as they arrived, which caused them to drop all the equipment, and there's nothing queueing them up to grab their equipment again.

Alternatively, you could give the skeleton creature weapon and armor body parts and drop the equips tag. They might still bring equipment anyway and just dump it on the map edge, your dwarves won't be able to recover it until they're defeated, effectively. Otherwosw there's nothing you can do besides drop the transformation.

My necromancers summon skeletons instead, but raise corpses as they are.

Thanks, that's probably what's happened. I've worked out the armor issue too, they must have been from  one of my modded entities
It's unfortunate, I really wanted skeletons for flavour but if they aren't a challenge I'll probably have to change them
I had a look at your necromancy secret and I see what you mean. Just a couple of quick questions - why is the summoning so delayed ([IE_TIME_RANGE:6000:8000]) and did they turn up in world gen at all? Or with necromancer sieges?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5229 on: September 19, 2022, 08:33:15 pm »

Its not actually delayed, the summon is instantaneous, but the creature will disappear after 6-8k ticks. In worldgen, they wont show up no. The game doesnt run most interactions, including summoning. They dont turn up in sieges, but necromancers will summon them in combat, including sending swarms of them after you in adventure mode if you accost their towers.

Now, you could change the raise animation to transform 10-20% of raised dead into various abominations. That's a possibility.
I make Spellcrafts!

chipathingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5230 on: September 27, 2022, 05:35:47 pm »

Its not actually delayed, the summon is instantaneous, but the creature will disappear after 6-8k ticks. In worldgen, they wont show up no. The game doesnt run most interactions, including summoning. They dont turn up in sieges, but necromancers will summon them in combat, including sending swarms of them after you in adventure mode if you accost their towers.

Now, you could change the raise animation to transform 10-20% of raised dead into various abominations. That's a possibility.

Thanks! I definitely misunderstood what that meant then, I must have assumed it was a start/finish time like most other counters. Makes much more sense! I'd better check my other summons...
That's an excellent idea, I might use that. For now I've reverted to what you do with the zombie raise and skeleton summon. Might add in a zombie amalgamation as the low chance thing, I'll still have the issue with the dropped gear but it should be minimal

Edit: realised the follow up question should go in the interaction thread, will repost it there
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 05:40:38 pm by chipathingy »

Logariter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5231 on: October 01, 2022, 10:04:14 am »

Will a creature be able to dig without a pickaxe if it has an attack with the digger skill?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5232 on: October 01, 2022, 02:51:47 pm »

No. Only miners in fort mode, holding their civ's digging implement (picks) can dig.
I make Spellcrafts!

Logariter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5233 on: October 03, 2022, 01:05:30 pm »

I have some questions

1. Can the body token be used multiple times?
2. Will the all of the body tokens I add be used on the creature?
3. Will body detail plans apply to body tokens called below it?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5234 on: October 04, 2022, 07:51:00 am »

My WIP tribal civ has no [BUILDS_OUTDOOR_FORTIFICATIONS] but the towns still have castles. Any way to remove the castles from towns?
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 364