Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 362

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 634915 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #5250 on: December 31, 2022, 10:59:05 pm »

Only way is to add a new color and pretend that that's an appearance modifier

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #5251 on: January 02, 2023, 01:32:05 pm »

I have my civ setup so that major nobles will appoint themself an apprentice that'll take over their position should they die. I'm trying to do this for LAND_HOLDER positions, but I can't seem to get it to work. Is this something possible or should I scrap it? I've tried using the [SITE] tag and now I'm using [LAND_HOLDER] but legends never say the apprentices show up. Here's my lowest level land holder, with their apprentice.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: I played a fort until I was given the chance to raise a citizen to an overseer. It seems like having two nobles at the same level of land holder causes the game to bug out and not let you recommend one. Or at least maybe it's because my apprentice overseer wasn't one I can select, it disallowed me from recommending a citizen at all.

EDIT: Another fort played using [SITE] and [NUMBER:1] instead of LAND_HOLDER on the apprentice position, this time I was able to choose a citizen to raise, but the apprentice position didn't show up. Alas.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 01:32:10 am by Jack_Bread »

Dedwrekka

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5252 on: February 13, 2023, 07:21:23 pm »

Short version: Can I limit Reactions in an Entity to only certain positions by declaring them in that position? Or does that just prematurely end the position definition and declare the entire entity can use that Reaction?

Long version: Working on an Animal Person civilization and want to make it so that certain site positions can perform "ritual" reactions from a custom workshop.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5253 on: February 13, 2023, 08:58:02 pm »

Can I limit Reactions in an Entity to only certain positions by declaring them in that position?

Not possible, afaik. You can only "limit" reactions by what skill is required to use it (and you can't limit skills to certain entity positions either, if you're wondering).

...But outside player forts, the entity won't be really using those reactions anyway (or depends on the product), so you can pretty much manually restrict who can use the custom workshop (at least prior to the Steam release, no idea if it has changed in 0.50+).

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5254 on: February 19, 2023, 12:52:18 am »

What will happen if I make my creature have a lair in a water tile? Will it work normally?
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5255 on: February 19, 2023, 01:33:11 pm »

Used to be that the lair would exist in the abstract, but not exist if you swam out to it. The creature probably wouldn't be there either.

Haven't messed with underwater stuff for a long time, so no idea if anything has changed honestly.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Morning_Oak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5256 on: February 27, 2023, 02:37:10 pm »

What is the best method to make sure a creature is bald on their scalp, but can still grow beards? I tried:

[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:HAIR]
         [TISSUE_STYLE_UNIT:HAIR:CLEAN_SHAVEN]

but this seems to return an error on the errorlog when generating a world.

Logariter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5257 on: June 17, 2023, 08:02:49 pm »

Is there any way to make sure that a certain creature will always be generated when a certain plant is generated?

chipathingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5258 on: June 21, 2023, 07:17:12 pm »

Is there any way to make sure that a certain creature will always be generated when a certain plant is generated?

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Creature_token#SPECIFIC_FOOD
Couple this with FREQUENCY:100 and see if that works. UBIQUITOUS might work too but I'm not sure on how that will interact with SPECIFIC_FOOD
Author of Fantastic Fantasy Fortress (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=180748.0)

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #5259 on: July 02, 2023, 12:25:54 pm »

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Creature_token#SPECIFIC_FOOD
Couple this with FREQUENCY:100 and see if that works. UBIQUITOUS might work too but I'm not sure on how that will interact with SPECIFIC_FOOD

FREQUENCY is weighted against the other creature's frequency (in some way also accounting for large predators etc.), so you want to use either UBIQUITOUS or crank the FREQUENCY way up, like FREQUENCY:100000 or such.

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #5260 on: August 30, 2023, 09:38:54 am »

Is there any way to override or otherwise remove a dwarfs aversion to being in tiles of 7/7 liquids? Or is this hardcoded ??

I've found a odd workaround for water but 7/7 magma is different ball game

Without using 3rd party software

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5261 on: August 30, 2023, 12:04:38 pm »

That's a hardcoded behavior and can't be avoided, unfortunately.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #5262 on: August 30, 2023, 12:17:16 pm »

And I'm guessing there's no way,or simple method to manipulate magmas liquid state to something different and "safe"

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5263 on: August 30, 2023, 12:25:03 pm »

I don't even think dfhack can do that. If you disable temperature it won't melt things.
I make Spellcrafts!

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #5264 on: August 30, 2023, 12:54:46 pm »

I don't even think dfhack can do that. If you disable temperature it won't melt things.

Sorry to keep beating this dead horse but, could you use a material emission to shoot water into magma constantly turning it into obsidian I will attempt this later to see for my self but figured I'd ask
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 362