Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 365

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 645878 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1200 on: February 23, 2015, 05:02:19 am »

Ah, you probably don't need any of those. Look at, say, the Bronze Colossus for a better example.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: February 23, 2015, 05:06:40 am »

You can't implicitly designate sewers, but underground_linked entities (animal people) and banditry add creatures to those. The former will make them appear in caves too, and the later will have them set up camps on the surface. Trying both may be effective at the price of being unplayable by the player.

pastafriend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: February 23, 2015, 05:19:53 am »

Ah, you probably don't need any of those. Look at, say, the Bronze Colossus for a better example.

Yep, defined tissues and everything in the creature itself, everything's working. Thanks man

gopp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: February 23, 2015, 01:57:02 pm »

Greetings, i've been trying to mod tameable purring maggots into my game as a sort of project i've been doing which consist in an alternative to above-ground animals, so, i tried to remove the vermin related tags (hateable, noroam, grounder, small remains, not butcherable, etc) from purring maggots and added pet-related tags, however, when i generate a new world to see if the little guys are now part of my embark selection, the aren't. I've genned 3 worlds so far and none of them have maggot on the embark selection screen.

These are the changes i've made:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

These are the original raws in case you're wondering:

So what did i do wrong and how can i correct this? I really want them in my world, above-ground creatures seem really boring to me as they're supposed to be for above-ground civilizations like humans and elves...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 01:59:18 pm by gopp »

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: February 23, 2015, 02:19:00 pm »

how can i correct this?
[COMMON_DOMESTIC]

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: February 23, 2015, 02:22:32 pm »

Are you trying to change them from vermin to creatures? If so, you may want to give it LARGE_ROAMING so that it will actually appear in the caverns.

If you want them to be vermin, then you may have to re-add the VERMIN_GROUNDER tag.

Or as fricy said, make them domestic so that they don't need to appear in the wild. Though other civs may use them if they are domestic.

Also, you BENIGN tag is missing a bracket.

gopp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: February 23, 2015, 03:18:11 pm »

Thanks all, it works now.

Another quick question, if i leave them genderless, will they be able to reproduce? I introduced their child forms, but i'm unsure if they're able to breed like that because dwarf therapist shows them as asexual females.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 05:14:22 pm by gopp »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: February 23, 2015, 05:08:36 pm »

You need at least one male and one female caste in order for breeding to occur.

gopp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: February 23, 2015, 05:14:32 pm »

You need at least one male and one female caste in order for breeding to occur.

NVM i just made males and females, they're all milkable.

Also, how do i define how many maggots can be born from the mother? i know the tag [CHILD:X] is the age a creature can be considered an adult, which token modifies the quantity of animals that are born?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: February 23, 2015, 05:19:53 pm »

[LITTERSIZE:X:Y]

Put the minimum number you want for X and the maximum for Y. For example, [LITTERSIZE:5:10] would mean that between five and ten will be born at a time.

gopp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: February 23, 2015, 06:13:25 pm »

Thank for the help, mate.

Here's are the raws for the purring maggots in case anyone's interested (It goes in creature_subterranean.txt):

They reach adulthood in 1 year, live between 3 and 4 years, between 2 and 5 can be born at once and both males and females can be milked roughly every 6 or so days, when butchered they only yield a little meat, fat and skin because they're pretty small, so they're mainly for the milk industry.

I've never really used the milk and cheese-making industry, it's just a bother to micro manage everything, and i always ended up forgetting that i had milkable animals, i hope to change that with this.

I also wanted to make some shearable pre-existing underground animals, but none of them sort of fit in, i thought about rutherers and dralthas, but they're too big and take too long to reach adulthood, plus dralthas are like underground elephants and eat pastures too damn fast.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 06:15:21 pm by gopp »

Lukander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: February 25, 2015, 03:36:23 pm »

[OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] creatures attack those that lack the [NO_AGING] tag. [NOT_LIVING] is used to denote something that can't be reanimated(nor resurrected?) in vanilla RAWs(and Generated Creatures) primarily, [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] creatures don't factor it in when picking out 'enemies' at all.

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: February 27, 2015, 04:01:31 am »

[OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] creatures attack those that lack the [NO_AGING] tag. [NOT_LIVING] is used to denote something that can't be reanimated(nor resurrected?) in vanilla RAWs(and Generated Creatures) primarily, [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] creatures don't factor it in when picking out 'enemies' at all.
Um...ok.

BTW, I've been toying around with these tags and figured out that [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] creatures don't attack [NOT_LIVING], if not provoked. However, every creature who lacks [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] will attack creatures those having it. For no obvious reasons (even if the attacker has [AT_PEACE_WITH_WILDLIFE] and the attacked has [NATURAL]). Seems a little bit weird for me.

And no, members of same species won't attack each other just because of [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE].

UPD:
I have some more questions. Will megabeast appear if it's modded to be a cavern creature? Also, can a megabeast be a spouse converter or it's only available for night creatures?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 12:59:09 pm by Sver »
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

timmah612

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: February 27, 2015, 04:44:53 pm »

I was looking through the dwarf files and looking at the materials and I wondered if you could change what you dwarves are made of and what effect would this have, such as giving them adamantine bones and dragon hide skin or yak hide for skin, so my beardy little weirdos look like little Sasquatches.
The second thing i was wondering about was how i would go about making only level 3 meals give vampirism to dwarves, so i could use it as a reward for my eliete, or my severe criminals that i WANT to punish the most severely *evil grin*
Third and final question back on dwarven stats and such, how could i make my dwarves magma safe?
Sorry i have so many questions but i am really new to the whole modding thing and i have wanted to do these things for a while now.
Thanks for any help you can give :D

Edit: I moved this question to the 40.0 modding thread and dont know if i can delete this post, sorry.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 09:57:05 pm by timmah612 »

kiwiphoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: February 28, 2015, 12:33:58 am »

Sorry if this is common knowledge, but I couldn't find much.

When assigning weapons to NPCs, does Dwarf Fortress go by skill group or by specific weapon?
That is to say, if you gave a civ access to pikes and nine types of sword, would their army have be half pikemen or one-tenth pikemen?
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 365