Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 365

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 646523 times)

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1785 on: April 24, 2016, 04:40:47 am »

Um. That's... new? I think?

I've tried butchering some creatures in .06. A wild animal is butchered normally. A wild animal that's killed someone has all the meat-generating parts (muscle tissue, organs) turned into "unknown frozen creature substance".
These animals have a body detail plan where tissues take materials that are added inside a template creature.

Like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Another animal (a caravan wagon puller that's been killed) uses a body detail plan that has the meat materials added inside the creature itself, as the template also used for some entity creatures and I remember having problems with these in the past. When I tried to butcher that, the game CTD'd repeatedly, no error log.

[upd] When I slaughter the same type of creature as that wagon puller, the process goes normally and produces normal meat.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: April 24, 2016, 08:13:26 am »

Unrelated, is it possible to tell the feathers on one part of the body to be different colors from another with some variation of [SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:FEATHER]? Like, set the main body feathers and then the belly feathers?

The base game does it already with hair. See that BY_CATEGORY:ALL bit? That's what it's designed for, just switch out the ALL with the bodypart category of your choice. Without looking it up from body_default.txt, you're looking for BODY_LOWER I think?

You should also be able to garnish the wording so that the creature's belly or underside or other %arbitrary word% is $COLOR instead of the lower body or whatever the bodypart actually is named. Keep the creature token list handy.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 08:15:57 am by scamtank »

Managrimm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: April 24, 2016, 10:56:26 am »

Unrelated, is it possible to tell the feathers on one part of the body to be different colors from another with some variation of [SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:FEATHER]? Like, set the main body feathers and then the belly feathers?

The base game does it already with hair. See that BY_CATEGORY:ALL bit? That's what it's designed for, just switch out the ALL with the bodypart category of your choice. Without looking it up from body_default.txt, you're looking for BODY_LOWER I think?

You should also be able to garnish the wording so that the creature's belly or underside or other %arbitrary word% is $COLOR instead of the lower body or whatever the bodypart actually is named. Keep the creature token list handy.

When defining the rest of the body, is there a way to say ALL, except the belly - or do I have to do the other parts separately? OR, will it just change it correctly if I define the belly feathers afterwards?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: April 24, 2016, 01:30:56 pm »

I don't know, personally. I usually just define the parts separately.

Could try making it body-wide, then define the belly feathers, to see if it can work. If not, you will have to do it bit-by-bit. Or just make two definitions: one claiming to be the whole body, and the other being the belly.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: April 24, 2016, 05:33:19 pm »

My first guess is that defining a CATEGORY:ALL and then the specific one would nest neatly, but Toady's example shows him doing it the hard way, with each set of body parts separately. You only need to mention the head, the body halves and the limbs, anyway.

But no, the answer is there's no CATEGORY:ALL_EXCEPT_THIS thing.

Grondus

• Escaped Lunatic
  • [PERMITTED_JOB:NERD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: April 25, 2016, 01:15:43 am »

Ok, bit of a strange one this time...um. one of my custom civs, for whatever reason, is...see-through? I guess? Instead of having a big ol "C" to represent them, it shows the image of that square, one z-level down. With most tilesets, that's fine, because they'll show up as a black square in most areas, but it makes them practically invisible in vanilla. I can't for the life of me figure out how this could be happening. Any advice? (I've tried it with multiple letters and colors, including c/p the creature tile and color from the human code.)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(hopefully that posts properly) I had forgotten about the problem when I wrote the new version with all the extra custom bits. So when I tested it and noticed this again, I figured it would be best to go back to the earliest iteration that had the problem, so there's less to wade through. If I remember correctly, at this point it was basically just a c/p human, with extra strength and height.
If need be, I can just restart this one from scratch, now that I know what to do, but I'd prefer to know what caused this.
Quoth the raven...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: April 25, 2016, 02:05:44 am »

In the CREATURE_TILE tag, C needs to be surrounded by apostrophes like 'C'.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Grondus

• Escaped Lunatic
  • [PERMITTED_JOB:NERD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: April 25, 2016, 02:11:20 pm »

Wow, thats it? I just feel embarrassed now >_> (and confused about how copy pasting other code didn't fix that.) Thanks man.
Quoth the raven...

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: April 25, 2016, 08:20:11 pm »

I just made the switch from 34.11 modding to 42.06. I noticed my creature's [NATURAL_SKILL:X] tokens don't seem to translate into adventure mode anymore. At least, they aren't mentioned on the skills screen. Is this normal?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: April 25, 2016, 08:23:07 pm »

Yeah, it's an oversight with the new character generation.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: April 25, 2016, 08:24:59 pm »

Alright, thanks. Is there any word on if it'll be fixed anytime soon?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: April 27, 2016, 09:45:55 am »

DO the following tags(UNDER_SWIM,LIKES_FIGHTING, and PATTERNFLIER) do anything, or do they do nothing at all?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: April 27, 2016, 11:48:17 am »

Can't remember when the third one has last come up, but the two previous ones are totes deprecated and not used anymore, even if the executable still recognizes them. UNDER_SWIM only made sense during 2D and LIKES_FIGHTING, by Toady's admission, went out of the window when the new thoughts and personalities when in.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: April 28, 2016, 06:35:37 pm »

While digging around in my old DF files, I found out that I was at some point attempting to mod in a body part called "soul".

[BODY:SOUL]
   [BP:SOUL:soul:STP][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][INTERNAL][SMALL][CATEGORY:SOUL]
      [DEFAULT_RELSIZE:100]

It appears I have not made much progress with it, however looking at it makes me wonder a few things.

1. Would it be possible to make the removal of a "soul", a fatal action?
2. Would it also be possible to make "his soul is gone" if someone dies? (Would probably make an idea I have to be rendered invalid.)
2b. Would it be possible to turn someone with a missing soul, into a zombie?
(Or some other form of transformation.)
3. Is it possible to have a reaction require a very specific body part?

If any of these are indeed possible, how would I be able to make any of this possible?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 06:38:57 pm by Ultimuh »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: April 28, 2016, 07:01:12 pm »

1. Potentially. You could make it a brain, but that would require that the soul be the only brain-type part, as creatures with multiple brains, such as ettins, can survive with only one.

2. Their X is gone for a dead creature refers to their 'core' body part; the part that the rest of the creature is built around. This is normally the upper body, but you could attach everything to the soul.

2b. Not that I know of.

3. Yes. The tag you want is BP_REQUIRED. For example, in the dragon's raws, dragon fire has this: [CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:MOUTH]

The main problem with it being a body part is the chance for it to be damaged, leading to a messagelog stating that the Dwarf punches the Human in the upper body, shattering the ribs and punching the ribs into the soul.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 365