Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 365

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 646652 times)

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2760 on: July 26, 2017, 01:33:39 pm »

So, I need to ask...do things grow with each passing tick or with each passing year?

For plants, its ticks I think
For animals, probably years
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2761 on: July 26, 2017, 04:38:32 pm »

Is light sensitivity possible? Specifically with tissues, I'd like a creature to be slowly injured if it's exposed to an outdoor tile, ideally if it was wearing clothing this would be delayed/prevented, but I get the feeling that's asking too much, from my past ventures into modding!

Failing all this can I max out cave adaptation on a base level and keep the creature from ever recovering, functionally? Or is cave adaption hard coded?
In terms of vanilla modding, I'm aware that one of the applicable syndrome counter triggers uses cave adaption, though if utilising that, the creature might require the [CAVE_ADAPT] token. I couldn't tell you how it'd work or how to implement it (syndrome modding is probably my weakest df-modding discipline), only point out that it's a potential path to check out :P

Well I recall putting together a few successful syndromes Back In The Day so I'll have to fiddle with that. Thank ya! Sounds like it'll work well enough.

PinkyThePinkBlob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: July 26, 2017, 05:26:14 pm »

Is there a way of changing the site symbol of any of the races on the overview when choosing a location to embark?

My custom race shares the same site symbol as the dwarves

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: July 26, 2017, 07:52:33 pm »

Is there a way of changing the site symbol of any of the races on the overview when choosing a location to embark?

don't think so no
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: July 26, 2017, 09:05:47 pm »

It should be based on the sites that they build, CAVE_DETAILED, FOREST_RETREAT, etc..

PinkyThePinkBlob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: July 26, 2017, 10:09:44 pm »

It should be based on the sites that they build, CAVE_DETAILED, FOREST_RETREAT, etc..

Is there like an unused one I can borrow or a means of differentiating the custom race from the base stuff? Or a means of editing the color of one at the very least for use

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: July 26, 2017, 10:21:03 pm »

Only dwarves are playable in fortress mode normally, so just pick anything that isn't CAVE_DETAILED. See here for valid options.
Given that a civilisation's default site only really matters in adventure mode, I would recommend CITY as those are the most fleshed out and easiest to navigate.
Also, I was wrong, it's TREE_CITY not Forest_RETREAT.

PinkyThePinkBlob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: July 27, 2017, 01:22:58 pm »

Misc. Object User

Is there a way to make a race use this more often? Like picking up a dead enemy to beat to death other enemies for example, mostly because it'd make combat logs probably funnier to read through.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: July 27, 2017, 04:28:11 pm »

Misc. Object User

Is there a way to make a race use this more often? Like picking up a dead enemy to beat to death other enemies for example, mostly because it'd make combat logs probably funnier to read through.
Natural misc object skill?

PinkyThePinkBlob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: July 27, 2017, 05:24:56 pm »

Misc. Object User

Natural misc object skill?

Yeah, I'd guess, but would having a high misc object skill favor them using random shit as weapons? Like a table/chair/corpse/rock, etc.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: July 28, 2017, 12:39:41 am »

Nah, npcs rarely use it, never really intentionally. They might hit somebody with a pair of pants if they wrestled the pants off a victim or the owner died while they were wrestling them. You can also order your dwarves to wield two shields and no weapons or something. But they wont pick up an object to use as a weapon or spawn with an object other than a weapon in their hands to whack people with. They can spawn unarmed as wrestlers and end up with some random bit of gear they wrestled away and end up with the skill that way
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

mradam5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: July 29, 2017, 03:03:11 pm »

I have a few questions

1) Is it possible to have a creatures blood inflict an interaction or do i just have to put the effects of the interaction

2) i want to create a creature covered in fire i have what i did below but it doesn't light the grass it walks on on fire
Code: [Select]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:FLAME:FLAME_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:FLAME]
3) Does the [IMMOLATE] tag do anything

4)is there a way to make interaction that will always transform into a creature but randomize witch caste they will transform into

5) How could i make a creature have magma blood that keeps the temperature of magma
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 04:18:05 pm by mradam5 »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: July 29, 2017, 04:44:30 pm »

I have a few questions

1) Is it possible to have a creatures blood inflict an interaction or do i just have to put the effects of the interaction

2) i want to create a creature covered in fire i have what i did below but it doesn't light the grass it walks on on fire

4)is there a way to make interaction that will always transform into a creature but randomize witch caste they will transform into

5) How could i make a creature have magma blood that keeps the temperature of magma

You can set the blood of a creature to any material you like. Just make a custom material and attach a syndrome to it.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

PinkyThePinkBlob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: July 29, 2017, 05:17:32 pm »

I know I made a thread asking this, but I wanted to ask again with more clarity.

So, I was trying to see if I can make a breath weapon that targets undead like the ones with the not living and opposed to life tags only, but I haven't seen examples of breath attacks with those specifics. I was wondering how to go about it.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: July 29, 2017, 06:25:22 pm »

I have a few questions

It might be possible to do #4 with a syndrome that has transformations each with a low probability and take effect in succession (so the first will happen immediately, the second one tick later and so on), and the final entry that takes effect after all the others has a 100% chance of happening. The game seems to ignore any further calls to transform while a creature is currently transformed into somethin else, so staggering each attempt to transform will ensure that if any are triggered it will transform into the first one that succeeds and ignore the rest, and then a catch-all 100% chance at the end to ensure something happens.

Theoretically, i mean. I cant test this because df and my laptop are giving me shit.

I know I made a thread asking this, but I wanted to ask again with more clarity.

So, I was trying to see if I can make a breath weapon that targets undead like the ones with the not living and opposed to life tags only, but I haven't seen examples of breath attacks with those specifics. I was wondering how to go about it.
I cant think of any good way to do that sans the undead being transformed into a creature that this syndrome specifically targets. Which means the undead creature shouldnt have any tags which make it immune to the specific effects of that syndrome, and it will also have to be considered alive i think? Not sure.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 06:29:01 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 365