Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 363

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 642680 times)

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3735 on: June 17, 2019, 06:49:23 pm »

Is there a usable tag that makes a civ collect books like necromancers (but not be necromancers)

EternalCaveDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: June 17, 2019, 06:55:12 pm »

You can do this with an attack symdrome.. though they wont really target their own civ members with it... maybe a symdrome on a dust or vapor or liquid spray though...

Now that I just thought about it, the greeting friend and cleaning friend interaction usage hints would probably also work.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #3737 on: June 18, 2019, 06:51:18 am »

Horses. Sometimes they get bored, and chew on shit or kick it for fun. Or freak out when you're doing something new or doing a trained task in a new environment, and when they panic they can be extremely dangerous to people and property and can and will throw themselves violently at any obstacle between them and wherever the fuck they think they're going. They couldnt hurt something made of stone, though, besides the risk of knocking blocks over.

Thanks. I reckon a horse can kick a still or a loom or a stone statue to an unusable state. Or a furniture workshop gets all messy and you have to rebuild it.

Bonus: my animal speeds from real-world data, for copy-pasting into similar speed fantasy creatures:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: June 18, 2019, 07:17:03 am »

Horses. Sometimes they get bored, and chew on shit or kick it for fun. Or freak out when you're doing something new or doing a trained task in a new environment, and when they panic they can be extremely dangerous to people and property and can and will throw themselves violently at any obstacle between them and wherever the fuck they think they're going. They couldnt hurt something made of stone, though, besides the risk of knocking blocks over.

Thanks. I reckon a horse can kick a still or a loom or a stone statue to an unusable state. Or a furniture workshop gets all messy and you have to rebuild it.

Bonus: my animal speeds from real-world data, for copy-pasting into similar speed fantasy creatures:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This will be useful. Thanks

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3739 on: June 18, 2019, 08:14:45 am »

Do vampires get all of their traits from the [CE_ADD_TAG] in a syndrome/interaction? What makes them physically stronger? Does [BLOODSUCKER] add a stat boost and give the creature the "suck blood of sleeping dwarves" mechanic?

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING][BLOODSUCKER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: June 18, 2019, 08:16:50 am »

Do vampires get all of their traits from the [CE_ADD_TAG] in a syndrome/interaction? What makes them physically stronger? Does [BLOODSUCKER] add a stat boost and give the creature the "suck blood of sleeping dwarves" mechanic?
[BLOODSUCKER] just gives the suck blood mechanic. [CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:200:0:AGILITY:200:0:TOUGHNESS:200:0:START:0] gives them their multiplied stats.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Naga/Lamia race

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: June 18, 2019, 04:23:48 pm »

[BLOODSUCKER] just gives the suck blood mechanic. [CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:200:0:AGILITY:200:0:TOUGHNESS:200:0:START:0] gives them their multiplied stats.

Thanks. Is it possible to make a creature always a vampire? Will [BLOODSUCKER] do that?

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING][BLOODSUCKER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: June 18, 2019, 05:06:16 pm »

Thanks. Is it possible to make a creature always a vampire? Will [BLOODSUCKER] do that?
You'll need to add ALL of the following:
NO_AGING NOT_LIVING NOEXERT NOPAIN NOBREATHE NOSTUN NONAUSEA NO_DIZZINESS NO_FEVERS PARALYZEIMMUNE NO_EAT NO_DRINK NO_SLEEP BLOODSUCKER
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Naga/Lamia race

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: June 18, 2019, 05:33:44 pm »

NO_AGING NOT_LIVING NOEXERT NOPAIN NOBREATHE NOSTUN NONAUSEA NO_DIZZINESS NO_FEVERS PARALYZEIMMUNE NO_EAT NO_DRINK NO_SLEEP BLOODSUCKER

Thanks. Will the creature be able to convert others into regular vampires with bloodsucker?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 05:44:07 pm by brolol.404 »

EternalCaveDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: June 18, 2019, 06:00:57 pm »

Thanks. Will the creature be able to convert others into regular vampires with bloodsucker?

That would require something similar to the werebeast interactions for spreading via bite or simply giving them a syndrome to spread via biting that transforms the bitten creature into one of the vampires. Bloodsucker actually, according to the wiki, makes the creature denounceable as a night creature. There's actually a specific special attack variation for sucking blood that's used for female mosquitoes and their variants as well as vampires iirc.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: June 18, 2019, 06:01:46 pm »

Only if add syndrome to blood.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3746 on: June 19, 2019, 01:38:13 am »

Only if add syndrome to blood.

Oof Quote pyramid

Even with syndromes in their blood (the vampire creature that is) BLOODSUCKER won't transfer it to the victims, people will have to consume the vampire's blood to become one.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3747 on: June 19, 2019, 05:48:39 am »

Oh yea. I forgot how that worked.

If a creature has multiple attack CDI, they spam them all at once, immediately. Is there anyway to space these attacks out on a global cooldown or make each one different priorities with their physical attacks?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3748 on: June 19, 2019, 07:45:50 pm »

Oh yea. I forgot how that worked.

If a creature has multiple attack CDI, they spam them all at once, immediately. Is there anyway to space these attacks out on a global cooldown or make each one different priorities with their physical attacks?

Depends, so first. Yeah as soon as the interaction is ready the AI will use it whenever they can (currently with latest it's mostly in Combat for Fortress mode, most Hints are not working or work very very rarely now, Adv.Mode doesn't seem to have this issue?)

Idk what you mean by
make each one different priorities with their physical attacks?
Interactions and Attacks are both different, yes you can setup an interaction that works via SPECIALATTACK_INTERACTION but then it's per attack basis and does not have a cooldown per say since it'd trigger with every successful attack

Anyways, Your best bet would probably be a "give me my skills" interaction that would stagger out when the other interactions would be ready
Code: [Select]
[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:500:END:1000] Now if the creature is constantly using this "give me skills" interaction that END value would only mean how much longer after it's done casting that main interaction (so after combat) that it'd wear off. At the same time you can have the WAIT_PERIODs for the interactions be something else like 100, 120 So it appears that it only uses a set amount of skills until the battle ramps up, then it can use more. Or you can create more than one copy with long WAIT_PERIODs so that it looks like it's able to cast maybe 3 spells in a row, then after that casting them become random-ish if you give them odd and far between values

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: June 20, 2019, 08:52:52 am »

Depends, so first. Yeah as soon as the interaction is ready the AI will use it whenever they can (currently with latest it's mostly in Combat for Fortress mode, most Hints are not working or work very very rarely now, Adv.Mode doesn't seem to have this issue?)

Anyways, Your best bet would probably be a "give me my skills" interaction that would stagger out when the other interactions would be ready
Code: [Select]
[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:500:END:1000] Now if the creature is constantly using this "give me skills" interaction that END value would only mean how much longer after it's done casting that main interaction (so after combat) that it'd wear off. At the same time you can have the WAIT_PERIODs for the interactions be something else like 100, 120 So it appears that it only uses a set amount of skills until the battle ramps up, then it can use more. Or you can create more than one copy with long WAIT_PERIODs so that it looks like it's able to cast maybe 3 spells in a row, then after that casting them become random-ish if you give them odd and far between values

Thanks. So if I understand correctly, there is no way to have a global cooldown for CDI. If a creature knows 10 attack spells, they will always immediately cast them all at the start of combat and then stagger them dependent on the wait period?

What is a "give me my skills" interaction? Is that a usage hint?
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 363