Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 362

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 634979 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4455 on: March 18, 2020, 09:46:02 am »

a body plan?  list a layout?

i.e. head, heart, guts, humanoid 2 arms, 2 legs, wings, etc.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #4456 on: March 25, 2020, 06:36:00 am »

a body plan?  list a layout?

i.e. head, heart, guts, humanoid 2 arms, 2 legs, wings, etc.
Layout:
Code: [Select]
[BODY:HUMANOID_NECK:TAIL:2EYES:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:5FINGERS:4TOES:MOUTH_SNOUT:TONGUE:GENERIC_TEETH_WITH_LARGE_EYE_TEETH_MOUTH:RIBCAGE]Body plan:
Code: [Select]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:ARMOR:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]
Still having the problem with my modded civ not having bandits...
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4457 on: March 25, 2020, 08:24:39 am »

sooo it has 2 mouths?

It looks like you may have some custom body plans in use.   that could be whats doing the bone-adding.

Banditry is determined by [local banditry] and [bandit:xx].  if they dont make bandits i cant imagine why.  ethics?  oppurtunity?  civs wont create bandits if the prereqs are met for whatever reason.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 08:27:29 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #4458 on: March 25, 2020, 08:44:55 am »

sooo it has 2 mouths?

It looks like you may have some custom body plans in use.   that could be whats doing the bone-adding.
No, MOUTH_SNOUT is just a mouth and snout combined and GENERIC_TEETH_WITH_LARGE_EYE_TEETH_MOUTH are teeth that attach to the mouth instead of the head.

Banditry is determined by [local banditry] and [bandit:xx].  if they dont make bandits i cant imagine why.  ethics?  oppurtunity?  civs wont create bandits if the prereqs are met for whatever reason.
The civ has BANDITRY:100 meaning they all should be bandits. What ethics are needed for banditry? Theft? Assault?
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4459 on: March 25, 2020, 12:03:57 pm »

The civ has BANDITRY:100 meaning they all should be bandits. What ethics are needed for banditry? Theft? Assault?

Maybe try making them all Hitler and seeing if that solves the issue. If so, then you could reset the ethics one by one up to the point they'd stop being bandits.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4460 on: March 25, 2020, 12:16:20 pm »

Try 99. I think the issue is you need some population left for normal sites. So leave them the one percent and let the 99 be in camps. I think the problem is cuz 100 is like a, eh, unique value, ya know. Try it!

chipathingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4461 on: March 26, 2020, 03:22:06 am »

I've been testing my creatures in arena mode and some of their interactions don't seem to work. I've got the explosion one from the interaction examples page (with a only a couple of minor changes) but taking control of the creature and setting off the explosion doesn't do anything. Is this an effect of the arena mode or a mistake in the modding?
Author of Fantastic Fantasy Fortress (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=180748.0)

Dragonslayerelf

• Bay Watcher
  • Respectable Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4462 on: March 27, 2020, 08:03:14 am »

Probably being redundant here, but is there a good catch-all guide for constructing a creature from the ground up? I've had a lot of custom creatures I've wanted to make but I find the whole system DF has of constructing a body very very confusing and get lost in all the local material definitions, body plans, tissue plans, and attacks.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4463 on: March 27, 2020, 12:12:40 pm »

Probably being redundant here, but is there a good catch-all guide for constructing a creature from the ground up?
*searches*
Looks like Deon has written a creature parts tutorial: https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/User:Deon#How_to
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

chipathingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4464 on: March 28, 2020, 07:28:22 pm »

I'm trying to make a creature with stone skin with magma insides, but it immediately shatters and dies in the arena as soon as it spawns. It has [HOMEOTHERM:140000] [HOMEOTHERM:14000] and here is the rest of the relevent raws:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The stone skin template is copy-pasted from obsidian with an increased melting temperature.
I previously just had the HARD_MAGMA tissue use INORGANIC:OBSIDIAN, but all the parts melted and the creature survived. I added the template and ended up where I am now. The error log says I have some undefined tissues, but it's just nerves and claws
Can someone let me know what I've done wrong? Thanks
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 02:27:41 am by chipathingy »
Author of Fantastic Fantasy Fortress (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=180748.0)

MCipher

• Bay Watcher
  • The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4465 on: March 28, 2020, 07:30:11 pm »

A brief question about modded civs, site-types and holdings (mainly because I modded in a second playable civ and distinguished them from dorfs by giving them the CITY site type). Can non-CAVE_DETAILED civs build new holdings for a fort (so, say, hamlets spawn in instead of hillocks)? Or can only CAVE_DETAILED civs build holdings? I think any site can associate with your fort IIRC, but I mean building a whole new site, not just getting association from an already-existing site.

I've played for a while on multiple worlds with the same race/civ, but I've never got a holding. Not sure if it's because I didn't export enough wealth, or if it's because they were a CITY-site civ. Recently changed them to a CAVE_DETAILED-site type, but I still haven't had any luck (though that's because I mismanaged the fort and it crumbled before I could make any meaningful exports).
No longer at critical sig mass!
OOC: Hans Panda: Everyone's going to die. That's how they usually end.
OOC: Hans Panda: I try not to run them that way.
OOC: Hans Panda: But apparently when I'm the villain, I'm too efficient.
OOC: Hans Panda: Even when I monologue.

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4466 on: March 29, 2020, 02:10:31 am »

I'm trying to make a creature with stone skin with magma insides, but it immediately shatters and dies in the arena as soon as it spawns. It has [HOMEOTHERM:140000] and here is the rest of the relevent raws:

The stone skin template is copy-pasted from obsidian with an increased melting temperature.
I previously just had the HARD_MAGMA tissue use INORGANIC:OBSIDIAN, but all the parts melted and the creature survived. I added the template and ended up where I am now. The error log says I have some undefined tissues, but it's just nerves and claws
Well the stone skin melts at 14600, and you've mentioned that the creature has a homeotherm of almost 10 times that.

chipathingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4467 on: March 29, 2020, 02:26:57 am »

I'm trying to make a creature with stone skin with magma insides, but it immediately shatters and dies in the arena as soon as it spawns. It has [HOMEOTHERM:140000] and here is the rest of the relevent raws:

Well the stone skin melts at 14600, and you've mentioned that the creature has a homeotherm of almost 10 times that.

Whoops, that's a typo. It is actually 14000, just edited the original post to reflect that!

Edit: had another look at the error log, I just found these:
Unrecognized Material Template: HARD_MAGMA
Unrecognized Tissue Template: HARD_MAGMA
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 03:47:01 am by chipathingy »

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4468 on: March 29, 2020, 05:08:00 am »

How are you commanding the new tissue to the creature? Something like this?
   [TISSUE:ROCKskinofGARgoyle]
      [TISSUE_NAME:marble1:NP]
      [TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:MARBLE]
      [MUSCULAR][FUNCTIONAL][STRUCTURAL]
      [RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
      [CONNECTS]  [TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]

[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:ROCKskinofGARgoyle] --bam! It's set to all tissues.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 05:13:01 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

chipathingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4469 on: March 29, 2020, 02:10:34 pm »

How are you commanding the new tissue to the creature?

With [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:EXOSKELETON_TISSUE_LAYERS:HARD_MAGMA:MAGMA:MAGMA]
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 362