Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 365

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 646417 times)

MC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4860 on: November 17, 2020, 08:21:07 am »

How to extract raws of generated positions like law-giver or bandit warlord? I use grex for extracting raws, but it don't extract positions (only extract HFS entities that have no positions).
So while its kinda a pain opening gm-editor with "dialog" and inputting "world" is what I do to access stuff like that.
This is a terrible mod. All crashmanship is of the highest quality. This object is adorned with hanging rings of notification spam. This object menaces with spikes of llama wool. On the item is an image of a large oval dwarf flesh cabochan in elf bone. The artwork relates to the attack of an unknown creature on an unknown creature in a time before time. It was inevitable.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4861 on: November 17, 2020, 12:08:18 pm »

How to extract raws of generated positions like law-giver or bandit warlord? I use grex for extracting raws, but it don't extract positions (only extract HFS entities that have no positions).
So while its kinda a pain opening gm-editor with "dialog" and inputting "world" is what I do to access stuff like that.
You know how to read gm-editor output, I don;t.

I need to extract this raws, as copiable text.

MC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4862 on: November 17, 2020, 12:55:00 pm »

I'd strongly recommend just slamming your face against gm-editor for a little bit until you figure it out. That's what I did (heck I only found out about the "world" dialog option by mistake) and it's an insanely useful tool for modding. just use the dfhack structures documentation on github and start breaking things until you figure out how to do stuff without crashing the game. It's SUCH a powerful tool, plus having the godlike power to alter almost anything you want on a whim without needing to write a single line of code actually makes adventure mode fun.
This is a terrible mod. All crashmanship is of the highest quality. This object is adorned with hanging rings of notification spam. This object menaces with spikes of llama wool. On the item is an image of a large oval dwarf flesh cabochan in elf bone. The artwork relates to the attack of an unknown creature on an unknown creature in a time before time. It was inevitable.

Jackwick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4863 on: November 17, 2020, 01:47:14 pm »

Edit: I think I've solved my question. I'll ask again if I get lost.

Alright I have a rather generalized question but I'll try to keep it simple.

I'm just now getting into modding and it seems really simple. The main problem is I'm having some trouble understanding what does what just by looking at the raws and the wiki. The wiki is well made and helpful, but it leaves me with some questions. I've also scoured through this thread but did not find anything related to my question.

I'm looking to start by editing existing creatures so I can create custom ones in the future, and some things are simple. 4 arms? Already a template for that. 192 eyes? I could figure that out based on the templates and wiki. Bones made of ice? Simple. The thing I'm having trouble with is small pieces and how they attach.

For this example, I want to do something fairly simple, using materials and parts that already exist. Lets say I want to put an eye on the chest of dwarves, this seemed easy to me, but I quickly found myself stumped on where exactly I would specify where the eye would be put. In the dwarf raws, it specifies that it has 2 eyes, is that referencing to a prebuilt plan? Where would that be found? In the standard head plan, it states that both eyes are on their respective sides and in the front, would I need to create another plan for the chest stating that the eye goes on the front of the upper body?

I would love if someone could clear some of this up for me as I've been digging around and it just isn't clicking yet. Any help would be great, thanks!

P.s. I don't have any code yet as I'm trepidatious to start something I'm completely ignorant to.

Edit: On top of that, the body plans don't actually specify that an eye would go on the head, is there someone else that this is done?

Edit 2: I did find something in the body_default file that seems to have an eye set within the chest, so I guess I missed that. After finding that I'm actually thinking I'm understanding how this all works. Weird how just a single thing can make everything make sense.

I'll play around with this and get back if I get lost.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 01:52:44 pm by Jackwick »

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4864 on: November 17, 2020, 09:47:35 pm »

Yay modding! Axe salute, Jackwick!
A text/code editor that has "find string in these folders" function is very handy for modding. Find like one's XXTODOs and XXXTODOURGENTs... been meaning to add that aluminum chainmail for quite a while now.

Searching for "2EYES" found that body_default.txt says
[BODY:2EYES]
   [BP:REYE:right eye:STP][CONTYPE:HEAD][SIGHT][EMBEDDED][SMALL]--RIGHT][CATEGORY:EYE][DEFAULT_RELSIZE:5]
   [BP:LEYE:left eye:STP][CONTYPE:HEAD][SIGHT][EMBEDDED][SMALL]
[CATEGORY:EYE][DEFAULT_RELSIZE:5]
connection type: head. The 2EYES token adds these two BPs, bodyparts.

There's also CON_CAT, connection category declaration:
And CON:RUA, connectionthingy right upper arm.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 09:49:24 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Jackwick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4865 on: November 17, 2020, 10:48:46 pm »

Ah, good to know. Thanks for the tips. I haven't had a chance to take a shot at actually doing this yet (finals are coming up fast) but I plan to pretty soon. I'll probably make a post saying how it went, heres hoping it goes well.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4866 on: November 18, 2020, 12:06:06 am »

May I ask how do I set flour as dwarf's food preference using DFHack "assign-preferences" script?
The following line returns an error:
assign-preferences -likefood PLANT:VINE_WHIP:MILL
(same for other flours)
(btw, PLANT:VINE_WHIP:DRINK works perfectly for whip wine)

I use DF 44.12

UPDATE:
I was able to set preference for flour using modtools/pref-edit (token was the same). I guess there is some problem with assign-preferences script.

This is fixed in https://github.com/DFHack/scripts/pull/225, which will be in the next DFHack release (0.47.04-r4, or you can apply the change manually to the script on your end).

(I didn't see an existing reply to this post, but I might have missed one.)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4867 on: November 18, 2020, 12:54:01 am »

I'd strongly recommend just slamming your face against gm-editor for a little bit until you figure it out. That's what I did (heck I only found out about the "world" dialog option by mistake) and it's an insanely useful tool for modding. just use the dfhack structures documentation on github and start breaking things until you figure out how to do stuff without crashing the game. It's SUCH a powerful tool, plus having the godlike power to alter almost anything you want on a whim without needing to write a single line of code actually makes adventure mode fun.
I need RAW EXTRACTOR. For generated positions that I want to copy for use in just fortmode race.

Speedle

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4868 on: November 19, 2020, 04:20:14 am »

May I ask how do I set flour as dwarf's food preference using DFHack "assign-preferences" script?
The following line returns an error:
assign-preferences -likefood PLANT:VINE_WHIP:MILL
(same for other flours)
(btw, PLANT:VINE_WHIP:DRINK works perfectly for whip wine)

I use DF 44.12

UPDATE:
I was able to set preference for flour using modtools/pref-edit (token was the same). I guess there is some problem with assign-preferences script.

This is fixed in https://github.com/DFHack/scripts/pull/225, which will be in the next DFHack release (0.47.04-r4, or you can apply the change manually to the script on your end).

(I didn't see an existing reply to this post, but I might have missed one.)

Yep, thanks Samten for noticing the bug, and thanks to lethosor for the support in fixing it and in writing the scripts in general.

There was a problem in assign-goals too, but it should be fixed now.

Tyxaar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled artist, adequate modder, great Necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4869 on: November 20, 2020, 12:45:40 am »

So, I have this bug going on where I can't spin seared animal wool from my custom creatures. I have no clue why this happens, but it's only occurring in reanimating biomes for some reason. Before the game even reanimates it...

Also, is there any way to increase the amount of gods in a pantheon or increase the amount of required gods of a certain sphere with the
Code: [Select]
[RELIGION_SPHERE:Sphere] section? I know it makes sure there is at LEAST one god of that sphere, but can you make it so there's at leat two, three, and so on?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 02:59:04 am by Tyxaar »
Heyo! I'm Tyxaar, I go by she/her, and I'm an Australian digital artist.
I enjoy modding, games, art, TTRPGs, and other various nerdy stuff.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4870 on: November 20, 2020, 05:21:15 am »

1) I've never had that problem myself, assuming the creature is normally shearable, the only thing I can think of that might make the wool unusable is if the creature became intelligent and it's body parts are thus flagged as coming from an intelligent creature.

2) I don't believe so, I've never seen more than one god of an associates sphere. You can add as many religion_sphere tags as there are spheres, and you'll probably get a heapload of gods
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Tyxaar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled artist, adequate modder, great Necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4871 on: November 20, 2020, 07:11:23 pm »

Ah dam, thanks anyway.
Anyone have any good ideas for more dwarven crops? I'm not entirely sure how farming berry bushes work, but I'm planning on making an underground berry bush that takes a while to grow, but the berries are worth a lot and make really good wine. Because dwarven agriculture is severely lacking. Here's my current raws for onyx berries, but I'm not sure what to edit to make the bushes take a while to grow. Honestly, I'm more looking for feedback for making a balanced crop than objective help.

Code: [Select]
[PLANT:ONYX]
[NAME:][NAME_PLURAL:onyx berries][ADJ:onyx berry]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STRUCTURAL:STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:5]
[EDIBLE_VERMIN]
[EDIBLE_RAW]
[EDIBLE_COOKED]
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:DRINK_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:DRINK]
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:SEED_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]
[BASIC_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:STRUCTURAL]
[PICKED_TILE:58][PICKED_COLOR:0:0:1]
[DRY]
[BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_WATER]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:DRINK:PLANT_ALCOHOL_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen onyxite]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:onyxite]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:boiling onyxite]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:5]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:0:0:1]
[EDIBLE_RAW]
[PREFIX:NONE]
[DRINK:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:DRINK]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:MILL:PLANT_POWDER_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:onyx dye]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:CHARCOAL]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:0:0:0]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:20]
[POWDER_DYE:CHARCOAL]
[PREFIX:NONE]
[MILL:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:MILL]
[SUMMER][AUTUMN][SPRING][WINTER]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SEED:SEED_TEMPLATE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:3]
[EDIBLE_VERMIN]
[EDIBLE_COOKED]
[SEED:onyxseed:onyxseeds:0:0:1:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]
[FREQUENCY:75]
[CLUSTERSIZE:2]
[UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:1:3]
[SHRUB_TILE:232]
[DEAD_SHRUB_TILE:126]
[SHRUB_COLOR:0:0:1]
[DEAD_SHRUB_COLOR:7:0:1]
[PREFSTRING:plump berries]
[PREFSTRING:sweetness]
[PREFSTRING:dark sheen]
Heyo! I'm Tyxaar, I go by she/her, and I'm an Australian digital artist.
I enjoy modding, games, art, TTRPGs, and other various nerdy stuff.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4872 on: November 21, 2020, 03:56:02 am »

There's a growdur tag which controls how long it takes to grow, increasing the number increases the time it takes. I've added lots of new crops myself, including silkworm nest plants which provide a silk material, glowing orbs which produce glowing wine, furry balls which provide dwarven cider, black moss which provides fiber and dwarven tea, cave corn which provides dwarven whiskey and cave corn flour, and a bunch more. It's gotten to the point not every dwarven civ has every plant anymore.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4873 on: November 21, 2020, 10:53:43 am »

How do I make a civilization conquer or destroy sites in wars instead of just impaling some corpses and leaving?
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

EternalCaveDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4874 on: November 21, 2020, 02:13:23 pm »

How do I make a civilization conquer or destroy sites in wars instead of just impaling some corpses and leaving?

In regards to that, what I last read said that as long as a civ has the LIKES_SITE and/or the TOLERATES_SITE tags for a site type they will conquer it in worldgen. If they do not have these tags they will destroy that site type when they take it over. I don't know what not having them for their DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE does though and I don't know if this is still the way those tags behave. If anyone has more up to date or otherwise factual information please correct me on this.
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 365