Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 362

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 635149 times)

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4875 on: November 21, 2020, 05:42:56 pm »

How do I make a civilization conquer or destroy sites in wars instead of just impaling some corpses and leaving?

In regards to that, what I last read said that as long as a civ has the LIKES_SITE and/or the TOLERATES_SITE tags for a site type they will conquer it in worldgen. If they do not have these tags they will destroy that site type when they take it over. I don't know what not having them for their DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE does though and I don't know if this is still the way those tags behave. If anyone has more up to date or otherwise factual information please correct me on this.
Legends Viewer just shows a ton of pillagings and very few conquests. They aren't destroying OR conquering sites, they're just killing people, impaling some corpses, and leaving.
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4876 on: November 25, 2020, 08:10:29 am »

How works spouse converters and night trolls? Can I make secret type that turns creature into night troll? Night troll with necromancer powers? Will they convert spouses as normal night trolls? Will they build towers?

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4877 on: November 25, 2020, 11:29:38 pm »

How do I make an entity expand more?
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4878 on: November 26, 2020, 01:32:57 am »

You can directly affect in which biomes they will settle, so a wider variety should in theory help a bit.

However, site count is limited by the setting you choose when generating a world, and after a certain amount civs will stop creating new settlements. They can "expand" via wars in history, but no idea how that works, nor if you can affect that at all.

How works spouse converters and night trolls? Can I make secret type that turns creature into night troll? Night troll with necromancer powers? Will they convert spouses as normal night trolls? Will they build towers?

There are a few creature tokens defining night trolls and their targets, one for the original night troll, one for their converted spouse (if I remember correctly these are within the same creature, but different for castes - like vanilla night trolls), and then a token making creatures suitable for spouse conversion.

I think this secret you described is very doable, and pretty interesting, too. You'll just turn someone into a night troll via secret, and give them necromatic powers at the same time. If a secret will or will not produce towers should depend on whether they have interaction available to raise dead (so they have someone to build the site).

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4879 on: November 26, 2020, 09:47:21 am »

Can make them value WAR more, so they'll do more war. Creature personality traits of rulers may also boost going-to-war.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4880 on: November 26, 2020, 12:36:25 pm »

Can make them value WAR more, so they'll do more war. Creature personality traits of rulers may also boost going-to-war.

They already have -50 peace and 50 martial prowess, and mostly they just keep getting their sites taken over by elves or occasionally humans.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4881 on: November 26, 2020, 01:41:03 pm »

They already have -50 peace and 50 martial prowess, and mostly they just keep getting their sites taken over by elves or occasionally humans.

What types of sites do they create?

I had this curious observation once, with my civs creating only hillocks (aside from their capital fortress, they couldn't build more forts as they didn't settle in mountains), and that seemed to make the civ very "weak", almost defenceless, prone to be conquered very easily by others. Might be a fluke, but it happened quite often. That was in a older version,  tho, in 47 they seem to be competent.

So site types might have some play in "power" of a civ, but I can't say for sure.

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4882 on: November 26, 2020, 03:47:57 pm »

What types of sites do they create?

I had this curious observation once, with my civs creating only hillocks (aside from their capital fortress, they couldn't build more forts as they didn't settle in mountains), and that seemed to make the civ very "weak", almost defenceless, prone to be conquered very easily by others. Might be a fluke, but it happened quite often. That was in a older version,  tho, in 47 they seem to be competent.

So site types might have some play in "power" of a civ, but I can't say for sure.
They live in forest retreats like elves do.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4883 on: November 26, 2020, 04:18:53 pm »

Didn't really mod any civ with forest retreat, so I have no observations there  :-\

I think you did the best you could, with the values and stuff. It's really hard to tell what does have effect on prowess in war, Toady mentioned once the thing with ruler's personality traits having an effect, but that's all I know about.

The only other significant observation I've seen is that creature properties of inhabitants of a particular civ don't seem to have effect on wars. I had a civ of 3000 cm3 sized creatures who were successfully conquering left and right in world with human and elf competition, so yeah.

That's all I know. Hope someone else has the knowledge to help you further, but as I've said, I think you've already done all you could. DF is just kinda random in some areas.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 04:21:50 pm by Quaksna »

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4884 on: November 26, 2020, 05:46:09 pm »

Didn't really mod any civ with forest retreat, so I have no observations there  :-\

I think you did the best you could, with the values and stuff. It's really hard to tell what does have effect on prowess in war, Toady mentioned once the thing with ruler's personality traits having an effect, but that's all I know about.

The only other significant observation I've seen is that creature properties of inhabitants of a particular civ don't seem to have effect on wars. I had a civ of 3000 cm3 sized creatures who were successfully conquering left and right in world with human and elf competition, so yeah.

That's all I know. Hope someone else has the knowledge to help you further, but as I've said, I think you've already done all you could. DF is just kinda random in some areas.
This is the entity.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4885 on: November 27, 2020, 11:24:42 am »

What creatures are technically butcherable, but this butchering give no products (like cavies)? I want to add them all EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT type FISH made of them, so you will get at least one meat item.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4886 on: November 28, 2020, 06:16:36 pm »

There's a list of creatures by adult size, anything as small or smaller than guinneafowl it seems will fit the bill, as weaker, skinnier guinneafowl often don't leave any meat when butchered.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4887 on: December 03, 2020, 05:07:56 pm »

This creature isn't secreting the acid material that I gave it.
Spoiler: Creature (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The secretion part (click to show/hide)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4888 on: December 04, 2020, 12:36:19 am »

It looks like it should all work. Have you tried changing the tissue layer on the secretions from ALL to TOOTH and SKIN? Maybe it just doesn't like ALL...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Sky-Streamer

• Bay Watcher
  • You are filled with AN EXCESSIVE NUMBER OF BOLTS.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4889 on: December 04, 2020, 10:07:22 am »

How do you make it so that an enemy will attack by spitting a ball of rancid milk at an opponent? Yes, this is an actual question.
i told you about those stairs man
i TOLD you DOG
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 362