Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: [MODDING] INTERACTION & SYNDROME QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 58639 times)

Dubya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] INTERACTION & SYNDROME QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2022, 11:13:08 pm »

How the F*** do you make a summon interaction target a square away from the summoner?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This only ever targets the caster and I've tried unsuccessfully a hundred different ways to get it to target literally any other square. I just want to be able to choose a square far away from the caster, and then summon multiple creatures in random locations around that square.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #106 on: January 11, 2022, 12:22:39 am »

How the F*** do you make a summon interaction target a square away from the summoner?

This only ever targets the caster and I've tried unsuccessfully a hundred different ways to get it to target literally any other square. I just want to be able to choose a square far away from the caster, and then summon multiple creatures in random locations around that square.

You can't. Summon interactions must be centered on a creature, though they can target a random tile near the target instead of the target itself.

Dubya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 11, 2022, 12:37:14 am »

You can't. Summon interactions must be centered on a creature, though they can target a random tile near the target instead of the target itself.

damn shame :(

thanks for answering though, sometimes modding DF can drive you absolutely insane

also, I don't suppose it's possible to shoot sharp rock material emissions in random directions either?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 12:51:33 am by Dubya »

nockermensch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 17, 2022, 10:03:23 am »

Is it possible, maybe by using some combination of reactions, syndromes and interactions, to create a Fortress mode workshop reaction that creates pets? I made a custom pet race of "armed animated skeletons", and I'd like to have my modded race to make them on demand, using a reaction that would consume a weapon, bones and a skull totem.

Dubya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 22, 2022, 12:03:56 am »

Just wanted to post about some testing here in case anybody ever has this question.

I wanted to make an interaction that would grant multiple different powers and buffs, but only had a small chance to grant each one, so that if many monsters used the interaction on eachother then they could potentially have multiple powers and buffs. However, it seems that this does not work. Re-applying the same syndrome does not add or remove any powers, even if you use the [SYN_CONCENTRATION_ADDED] tag.

I suppose I could just put each ability on a different syndrome and have the interaction add 10 different syndromes.

Ah, and this method works well. If I have 5 monsters in close proximity to eachother that use the interaction to greet eachother, they will have less buffs than if I have 10 of the same monster. Unfortunately you still can't stack effects like strength increase etc, but you could mimic it by granting multiple low-value syndromes that increase attributes at various strengths. Something like 10% chance for 5% bonus strength syndrome, 5% chance for 10% bonus strength, 1% chance for 25% bonus strength and so on. The more monsters greeting eachother the higher chance they have to land the 25% bonus strength. This in effect makes monsters that are more individually dangerous when more of them are around.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 01:19:56 am by Dubya »

montejobarato

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 10, 2022, 07:17:16 am »

didnt you forgot to use the "a" target to do so?

i will do some testing and comeback later

EDIT:damn
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 09:11:02 am by montejobarato »

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 11, 2022, 02:13:10 pm »

So I have some questions about transformation and how it effects creatures, I am trying to have a mechanic that during the full moon or whatever, the world gets weirder, with certain animals transforming into spirits. I have a few questions before I start.
1. Most importantly, can moon phase transformation be an innate ability of a creature?
2. Is there any way to get plants to transform into creatures?
3. How does acquisition of temporary sentience effect creatures?
4. Can Cats for example, be modded to be able to speak, but only on new moons?
5. Can Civ entities be made with creatures that are mundane animals through most of a lunar month, but become sentient tool users during certain moon phases? will they have armor and weapons during their sentient phases?
6. can mundane animals receive curses from the gods.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 11, 2022, 03:14:39 pm »

1: no, they have to have an interaction or syndrome applied to them, which at the moment can't be done innately. Something has to apply it, like an on-contact syndrome attached to a body fluid they leak constantly (saliva in their mouth for instance) or a cdi interaction that targets themselves and others of their kind. Once applied the syndrome can take effect normally and the cdi can be set to not target those already affected.
2: No, closest you can get is an immobile creature that looks like a plant most of the time and can't interact with other creatures, and then turns into a different creature once infected as per above. Or fruits that when eaten can grant the consumer the power to summon such an immobile creature.
3: temporarily, not a lot, as long as they don't need to eat or drink.
4: if infected by an interaction as per above that grants the appropriate tags, yes.
5: not a clue. Civ members and pets alike with the [equips] tag and functioning grasp parts will spawn with clothing and wear it until it disintegrates, may try to grab new clothing while intelligent, not sure if they will while not intelligent. Civ members that aren't intelligent on spawn will be treated as pets.

You could instead make them intelligent by default and the interaction removes their intelligence for the majority of the month.

6: if they're historical figures and defiled a temple, theoretically, but not being a valid sapient civ members might prevent them from doing that. An adventurer who is an unintelligent race but can equip/grasp should be able to roll divining dice until they get cursed.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 12, 2022, 06:52:55 pm »

6: if they're historical figures and defiled a temple, theoretically, but not being a valid sapient civ members might prevent them from doing that. An adventurer who is an unintelligent race but can equip/grasp should be able to roll divining dice until they get cursed.

Prior to the relevant changes that ensured curses only applied to followers of the god defiling the place (somewhere between 47.01 to current), random wild cavern trolls used to be a valid target for vampirism, but obviously this is much hamstringed now. Any other circumstance would probably be achieved through DFhack manipulation of Semi-Sapients, to which magical sabrina cat familiars are mechanically difficult to pull off in a noticable timeframe due to how fast/irregular moon cycles pass between modes.

Dubya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 25, 2022, 02:32:41 am »

How do I stop from being spammed by transformation messages? The following interaction works fine and it transforms the creature correctly, but when testing in arena I get unending pages of "awakened blood has transformed into a blood demon!" spam, despite the massive wait timer and the [IT_CANNOT_TARGET_IF_ALREADY_AFFECTED]. I tested it with other creatures too, and they all do the same thing. The only time I don't get spammed is when I use a carbon copy of the AWAKENED_BLOOD_DUB creature except without any [CAN_DO_INTERACTION] tokens.

and the creature along with the carbon copy because it's the only thing it can transform into without issue

mgsicko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 30, 2022, 01:08:56 pm »

Would [CE_REMOVE_TAG:MAXAGE] work? would also appreciate help finding quick ways to test it. I'm working on a dragon blood transmitted syndrome that is supposed to give affected creatures draconic traits, including immortality, but don't want to use [NO_AGING] for flavor and mechanic reasons both

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 30, 2022, 02:26:17 pm »

Nope. A token will work if and only if it is in this list.

Dubya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 20, 2022, 11:25:52 pm »

How do I stop from being spammed by transformation messages? The following interaction works fine and it transforms the creature correctly, but when testing in arena I get unending pages of "awakened blood has transformed into a blood demon!" spam, despite the massive wait timer and the [IT_CANNOT_TARGET_IF_ALREADY_AFFECTED]. I tested it with other creatures too, and they all do the same thing. The only time I don't get spammed is when I use a carbon copy of the AWAKENED_BLOOD_DUB creature except without any [CAN_DO_INTERACTION] tokens.

The issue here was that my creature was transforming into a creature with specific [MALE] and [FEMALE] castes, but I was using [CE:CREATURE:BLOOD_DEMON_DUB:DEFAULT] in my interaction file, which does not specify a caste. This is the correct format if the creature that is being transformed into has no specific castes defined and thus will not cause spam, but in my case I needed to change the interaction to [CE:CREATURE:BLOOD_DEMON_DUB:MALE], or otherwise delete the castes from the target creature.

# transformation spam spammed message messages fix bug bugged

only took me several months to figure out, I can finally resume work on my mod without being frustrated out of my mind

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 22, 2022, 07:06:31 am »

Question about syndromes:

I'm trying to come up with some mild healing effects for herbs, but I'm not sure about the severities. It seems that a pretty low severity (around 10) in CE_BLEEDING causes quite a lot of bleeding (depending on the length). I'd assume a similar severity (and length) in CE_STOP_BLEEDING would counter it?

But how about bleeding wounds caused by weapons? Do they follow the same kind of bleeding "severities" as syndromes or how do they work? Is it somehow tied to the VASCULAR value of tissues? If so, how? I've been unable to find any info on this and don't have any clue on how to figure it out on my own, so help would be appreciated.

Same question for pain and other such effects.

Here's a couple syndrome examples of healing effects that are supposed to be mild (=barely noticeable), but I have no idea how strong this would be in game (probably the length is at least a bit too long?):

newtyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 12, 2022, 07:14:10 pm »

Would [CE_REMOVE_TAG:MAXAGE] work? would also appreciate help finding quick ways to test it. I'm working on a dragon blood transmitted syndrome that is supposed to give affected creatures draconic traits, including immortality, but don't want to use [NO_AGING] for flavor and mechanic reasons both

If you want psuedo-Immortality you could maybe change the value of MAXAGE to something super high rather than removing it.

Is it possible, maybe by using some combination of reactions, syndromes and interactions, to create a Fortress mode workshop reaction that creates pets? I made a custom pet race of "armed animated skeletons", and I'd like to have my modded race to make them on demand, using a reaction that would consume a weapon, bones and a skull totem.

I don't know how to do this off the top of my head but I know masterwork DF has several workshop that allow you to add new units to your fort. kobolds have their breeding warren and the orcs have a set of slave related buildings. They might be DFHack-dependent though? The Dark Wizard/necromancer faction from the older masterwork version might have a clue too.

If you figure it out let me know since that is pretty similar to something I am trying to figure out.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14