Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: [MODDING] INTERACTION & SYNDROME QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 59977 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: [MODDING] INTERACTION & SYNDROME QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2012, 10:32:32 am »

Another question: is there some way to use vermin as a disease vector? Can they be targets of syndromes, or only sources, like the cave spiders?
No vermin cannot be targeted, AFAIK but they can spread syndromes through bites, or if you make them butcherable you can add syndromes to their meat to cause ingested syndromes

ydaraishy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2012, 10:34:26 am »

I'm having some trouble with one particular interaction I've made.  This one is a petrification spell usable by gorgons and cockatrices, and my intention is that the target should be completely paralysed instantly and basically unable to move.  Testing it in the arena, though, the target only "becomes numb", can still jump away from attacks, and doesn't experience any of the symptoms associated with paralysis.  Vanilla serpent-men do paralysis just fine with regular toxin though.  Is there something I'm doing wrong here?

Spoiler: The interaction (click to show/hide)

EDIT: In fact, without a speed modifier of some sort, affected creatures seem to get faster. I'm... not exactly sure why.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 11:16:07 am by ydaraishy »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2012, 11:21:50 am »

Interaction syndromes and "Venom" syndromes are different. Venom syndromes are given in doses. Interactions act like they are being given by the smallest creature

Someone did testing on the paralysis syndrome with interactions, 8999 and lower just makes avg size creatures "numb" where as 9000 + is full body paralysis. I would also throw in a CE_ADD_TAG:NOBREATHE in too so target doesn't soffocate, unless that is your plan

ydaraishy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2012, 11:28:19 am »

Interaction syndromes and "Venom" syndromes are different. Venom syndromes are given in doses. Interactions act like they are being given by the smallest creature

Someone did testing on the paralysis syndrome with interactions, 8999 and lower just makes avg size creatures "numb" where as 9000 + is full body paralysis. I would also throw in a CE_ADD_TAG:NOBREATHE in too so target doesn't soffocate, unless that is your plan

Ah, thanks for that.  I just tried [CE_PARALYSIS:SEV:10000:PROB:100:START:0] in the arena and it worked. 

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2012, 11:29:27 am »

I wanna make an interaction that has a low chance of causing a heart attack (Actually stops the brain from working.) My question is, will impairing the brain's functions kill a creature?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2012, 11:41:54 am »

Try insta Rot the brain, that should kill them. I haven't tried a hardcore IMPAIR_FUNCTION on the brain yet, but I know heavy rot will kill

You can try a CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION:SEV:10000

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2012, 06:46:38 pm »

Does anybody know which interactions work in worldgen?

Curses and secrets do, of course, and I've heard that attack-based ones like a werewolf's bite do as well (although I haven't seen it for myself).
As far as I know anything with SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION doesn't, even ones with an attack trigger (e.g. a dragon's fire breath); the sole exception I know of is necromancer-style animation abilities.

But what of the rest of them? Do ingestion interactions work? Other body_mat_interactions? Are there other ways to get a creature-action interaction to occur? Is it possible to have a creature automatically possess a syndrome in worldgen?

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2012, 02:45:41 pm »

Is there any way to do a fireworks interaction? creating multiple bursts of stun causing material? or rather than targeting creatures target a general area?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2012, 02:59:05 pm »

@Igfig
I was gonna say something before, but then I have no idea if that is possible sorry

@Starmantis
The AI won't target a location but you can in adv. mode. But the thing is I think Location only is for certain things

I_TARGET  Global  id, type  Specifies what things this interaction acts upon. Can be specified multiple times. Valid values:
CORPSE
CREATURE
MATERIAL
IT_LOCATION  Within I_TARGET  Location  Narrows down exactly what the interaction targets. Valid values:
CONTEXT_REGION
CONTEXT_CREATURE
CONTEXT_ITEM
CONTEXT_BP - Use body part from CDI:BP_REQUIRED token (below).
CONTEXT_LOCATION

from the wiki.

And it all depends on how you want your interaction to work.

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2012, 08:44:43 pm »

what exactly would "context location" target?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2012, 08:54:09 pm »

LOCATION_HINT  Location Hint (see avove)   ?  <-- In the creature

interaction file level:
IE_LOCATION  Within I_EFFECT  Location Hint  Indicates where the effect can take place. Valid values:
IN_WATER
IN_MAGMA
NO_WATER
NO_MAGMA

If you can figure this out I would like to know the results

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2012, 10:39:14 pm »

If I were you I'd try a material emission effect. You might be able to fire a solid glob or web of something that evaporates a round later, or maybe a spatter.  If you don't provide a usage hint, the creature should use the reaction constantly. You may need to specify SELF_ALLOWED for the target, mind.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2012, 06:56:52 am »

You could use a non-material interaction that grants the target the ability to use an undirected material emission of the selected material for a short period of time (shorter than the WAIT_PERIOD), and if you don't give the interaction a USAGE_HINT, CPU-controlled creatures will use it immediately, hitting themselves along with everyone nearby.  It won't work if an enemy uses it on your player-controlled adventurer, though.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2012, 02:44:09 pm »

Will changing tissue colors and appearances crash the game when viewing a creature if the creature it transforms into is another caste of said creature?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2012, 03:35:06 pm »

Will changing tissue colors and appearances crash the game when viewing a creature if the creature it transforms into is another caste of said creature?
You know I haven't tried that, But I know adding them to a creature that lacks any color/tissue modifiers works just fine

Essence that has nothing gets transformed into a Servile with a long hooked nose, and regular color things for hair and that work without any crashes.

But I know transforming a dog into a golem (with different tissues and color mods) causes a crash.

But didn't Toady say he fixed that bug?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14