Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: [MODDING] INTERACTION & SYNDROME QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 60147 times)

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] INTERACTION & SYNDROME QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #180 on: October 01, 2023, 04:25:23 pm »

can animals in a cage be affected by inhaled syndromes ? or are they protected by the cage ?

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 01, 2023, 11:01:45 pm »

I dont know but I guess yes.

Wiki: " A cage will protect a creature inside it from drowning, so if you want to drown a creature in a cage, you must open it remotely, as explained in the above section (as a corollary, if your fortress is drowning in water, you can cage your dwarves and rescue them later)

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 24, 2024, 02:05:08 am »

I've been doing a bunch of arena testing, and RESISTABLE doesn't seem to do anything. Does anyone know how exactly it is supposed to work? Maybe it only works on certain effects? Or maybe not in arena-mode?

(edit)

Alright, well I made a separate post on the topic, but according to my testing, most of the syndrome effects are bugged and don't trigger until a SEV of ~10000, with a maximum reached at ~1000000. It is weird that I couldn't find any mention of this issue in this topic. Is this a well-known issue?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2024, 08:35:13 pm by Caldfir »
where is up?

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 26, 2024, 07:08:23 pm »

I've been doing a bunch of arena testing, and RESISTABLE doesn't seem to do anything. Does anyone know how exactly it is supposed to work? Maybe it only works on certain effects? Or maybe not in arena-mode?

(edit)

Alright, well I made a separate post on the topic, but according to my testing, most of the syndrome effects are bugged and don't trigger until a SEV of ~10000, with a maximum reached at ~1000000. It is weird that I couldn't find any mention of this issue in this topic. Is this a well-known issue?

I have no idea. But extensive use of DFhack in tracking and monitoring syndrome progression in units over set frame intervals could potentially prove very insightful.

Right now I'm in the planning phase of research I might be interested in conducting, which would grind out some experimental data on what the effects of inverse syndrome dilution are. As in creatures with a [SYNDROME_DILUTION_FACTOR:20], or just less than 100. And how that might be gamified.

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 02, 2024, 05:26:25 pm »

Hey, I want a custom creature's venom to apply one of 108 different possible effects, depending on which part of another creature's body is bitten.
Is that possible?

Alternatively, is there a way to get CDI:BP_REQUIRED to restrict interactions by a targeted enemy unit's body parts, rather than the unit using the interaction's own body parts?

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #185 on: April 05, 2024, 01:30:05 pm »

Hey, I want a custom creature's venom to apply one of 108 different possible effects, depending on which part of another creature's body is bitten.
Is that possible?

Alternatively, is there a way to get CDI:BP_REQUIRED to restrict interactions by a targeted enemy unit's body parts, rather than the unit using the interaction's own body parts?
There is tokens that concentrate syndrome effect to the limb that comes into contact with syndrome material not sure if that'll work for what you're trying to do though?

For example you can make necrotic liquid that rots feet off that walk into it

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 06, 2024, 02:19:25 am »

Yeah, LOCALIZED, has to be in each symptom's line in place of a body part target.

But it sounds like you want it to apply a different symptom on each possible body part, if and only if that particular body part is the one hit, correct?. I don't know if that's possible. LOCALIZED will apply the same symptom to any one part thats affected, but as far as i know you can't use both localized and a target body part string to apply only to that body part and only when the syndrome is applied to that body part. But maybe it does and nobody's noticed?

If it doesnt, You can either just go with LOCALIZED, or make your 108 symptom list of body parts with a 1% chance for each to trigger, regardless of which part the material lands on/is injected into and on average at least one will trigger. Or you could do LOCALIZED for some overarching symptom + 108 possible additional effects that can affect any body part.

What is this mystery syndrome, by the way?

[edit]
Wiki says localized overrides any body part string, so it sounds like thats a no.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 02:20:56 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #187 on: April 06, 2024, 12:49:24 pm »

Yeah, LOCALIZED, has to be in each symptom's line in place of a body part target.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Without any actual testing I would have to agree with Eric on this one and if anything try two syndromes maybe and if that works swimmingly then expand on that

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #188 on: April 07, 2024, 06:38:00 pm »

i'm having a rough time brute forceing  through this problem does anyone know how to attach a syndrome to eggs I've tried a couple things and nothing seems to be working I tried to attaching the syndrome to the eggs from the creature side and try to attaching the syndrome to the egg components in the materials and no matter the syndrome never works when they eat it
And I know my custom egg materials are working because the object appears in the game and it's named what I named it but the symptoms just aren't working im baffled 😭
This is a little frustrating to test too cuz of the amount of setup required to test the damn thing lol

I added the syn to the female section of the egg laying block
And I added the syn to all materials of eggs still no luck eating eggs inducing syndromes?

I figured it out the eggs were fine the entire time my creatures wouldn't eat the eggs

because they had a bone carn tag on their creature

apparently not only does this make them crazy in world gen
 It makes them only eat raw meat in fortress mode until you remove that tag

I'm going to begin looking for an answer but in the meantime does anyone know if there is a way to once you're in a fortress mode game to change a creatures bone carn to no bone carn ?
Without 3rd party software.

It's an odd concept but I want the creature with bone carn at world gen but in fortress mode to not have it I'm pretty sure at this point I can't have my cake and eat it too with this but I'm going to try
Only thing I can think is a convoluted system that involves a bone
carn at world gen and then in fortress mode getting rid of the bone carn and resummoning the new version that doesn't have bone carn but that sounds like a pain in the butt and impossible

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 08, 2024, 12:33:42 pm »

Only idea I have is genning the world, then going into the mod in the installed mods folder and deleting the tag before embarking. Usually tags on creatures aren't decided until they're spawned, so new creatures spawned can have different body parts etc from ones currently on the map. So logically if you change the raws before creating a fort, nobody has that tag yet.

Otherwise, you'd probably have to create a DFHack script to modify them.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

aSpatula66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 08, 2024, 03:17:25 pm »

Self targeting transformation interaction would work. But why do you want BONECARN to be removed in fort but present in worldgen?

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #191 on: April 08, 2024, 08:14:51 pm »

Self targeting transformation interaction would work. But why do you want BONECARN to be removed in fort but present in worldgen?
I need bone carn at world so they do silly stuff in the world generation I need bone curn off in fort mode so they eat actual food if you look at my above statement bone carn and fort mode makes them eat only raw food they will not eat prepared meals at all with that tag kind of ruins fort mode at that point
The self transform probably is the way to do it and it would need to be permanent, I'd have to make some designer meat product that they would eat and then put this self transforming syndrome on that meat and then somehow make sure they get that meat at embark or have access to it from fort mode somehow, and with that said I'll probably have to just make a custom reaction from a workshop that summons that meat to give him access to it lot of work but doable damn.

And yeah I could do stuff to make it happen in my game but I needed to be automated so when I put it on steam it works for everybody with no editing post-world generation needed

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 09, 2024, 12:22:17 am »

If you're going with a transformation interaction, just give them an on-self only CDI, with a clean or defense usage case, that transforms them and is no longer valid on the transformed. That should alleviate having to worry about adding a syndrome to something and make them consume it. They'll just transform themselves after a few days to a month at most.

Now, since they'll be permanently under the effects of a transformation then, they will not be able to transform into werebeasts, because you can't transform again until the current transformation ends. So they'll become immune to werecurses, even though they can technically be infected.
I make Spellcrafts!

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #193 on: April 09, 2024, 02:46:08 am »

If you're going with a transformation interaction, just give them an on-self only CDI, with a clean or defense usage case, that transforms them and is no longer valid on the transformed. That should alleviate having to worry about adding a syndrome to something and make them consume it. They'll just transform themselves after a few days to a month at most.

Now, since they'll be permanently under the effects of a transformation then, they will not be able to transform into werebeasts, because you can't transform again until the current transformation ends. So they'll become immune to werecurses, even though they can technically be infected.
Hmmm I don't want them to be unintentionally immune to any vanilla effects so that kind of ruins that on the other hand what I was thinking was just add two separate casts one that is bone since bone carne is a cast level tag and a new that isn't

And in the long run that'll end up working a little better for what I'm trying to do anyway because my creatures are supposed to be quote unquote civilized and the ones that eat meat could be like less civilized LOL

aSpatula66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 09, 2024, 07:00:16 am »

I'm pretty sure all that BONECARN does in worldgen is make uncivilized beasts eat their enemies in the same way as the CARNIVORE tag, but I could be wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14